“Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New Orleans

You added InterContinental New Orleans to your Saves list
InterContinental New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #98 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband was in New Orleans for a trip. I came along; this was our first time in New Orleans. The staff was friendly and professional. I ran late checking out due to an excursion that I took. The staff was wonderful. No problems. They provided a locked place for our luggage. Our room was very clean. They came in during the day for daily service. The bellmen were also very courteous and professional. It was a great stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 14th floor. Great room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The valet and front desk staff are very nice and the guys out front know all the good spots. That said, this was one of the filthiest hotels I have ever stayed in and I mean down to trash left in the rooms. The carpets were filthy, there were dirty footprints on the wall, the tub was filthy and the furniture was dusty. I was with other people and mine was not an isolated incident. This filthy room cost as much as any nice room in the French Quarter and the parking charges are the same as well. It is not that close to the Quarter so do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. This place needs a total redo and a newly trained cleaning staff. Not your average Intercontinental group hotel by far, most are so nice. Chose not to eat at or visit the bar at the hotel. On a better note, New Orleans is as awesome as ever. Stay in the French Quarter :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you much for your feedback. I apologize that your room was not cleaned appropriately during your stay with us. The hotel is about to undergo a significant renovation in 2014 that will improve the product and condition of the hotel.

I have noted your comments and provided them to the appropriate departments. We strive to become better each day and we appreciate the time you took to provide us with some needed guidance.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I would say this hotel is mediocre at best. The rooms are dark, damp and dingy. The walls are paper thin so be prepared to hear everything. Security is very low and when we stayed here they let someone who was not on our reservation check into our room. Service was poor and slow and most of the staff seemed to not really want to be there. The food? Edible but if you want something that looks appetizing and tastes good just go across the street to Luke's.

This is one depressing hotel that should either be bulldozed or completely renovated. And when that's done they need a brand new management team. I just hope I didn't breathe in any mold while I was there...

• Stayed October 2013
Patricia I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I apologize that you had a less than pleasant experience during your stay. We appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. The security of our guest is taken very seriously, therefore I certainly apologize. InterContinental New Orleans continues to make improvements to our service and we are currently in the process of a $25 million dollar transformation of our property. When complete, the InterContinental will emerge as one of the premier hotels in New Orleans. Your feedback has not gone in vain; we would appreciate another opportunity to change your mind about our property.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

It's a bit of a trip from the airport, but a $33 flat fee + tip covers it. You can walk to the infamous Bourbon Street and walk a bit further for some other great New Orleans entertainment. The hotel is beautiful with the lobby on the 2nd floor. Each staff member was incredibly nice and helpful. The rooms are quite adequate. TV is good, beds comfortable, bathrooms are nice, though warm water is more appropriate than hot. The food I had for lunch (forget the name, but place just off the bar on 2nd floor) was great and the staff at the pub downstairs was fantastic! Do not buy beef jerky from the gift shop - stupid to buy there I know - but I was floored by the $9.99 price.

Room Tip: The street car comes down Charles Street at all hours and it is quite loud. If you prefer something...
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just checked into Intercontinental New Orleans Saturday for a few days. As usual, I looked forwarded to staying in this intercontinental property. So far the chief concierge seems to be the only highlight as we previewed his city introduction from iPad. For being an IHG ambassador member, I received the fruit plate, as I always get on the first day of arrival for any intercontinental hotel I have stayed so far, but guess what? The orange was rotten inside...unfortunately I could not post photos here, but I did take a photo of it. I used to be a royal ambassador for some years, but somehow I have been feeling the streamlined IHG service quality deterioriating, less and less wanting to stay in Intercontinental group. This rotten fruit experience makes me disgusted now. Looking forward to finishing the business and checking out Wednesday. By the way, the closet floor was probably not been washed and cleaned for long long time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear andrewchen5000,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As an IHG Rewards Ambassador Elite member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and Hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the fruit platter. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was the 2nd stay for me and boyfriend at this hotel, we enjoyed it last year because of the location. It's not too far away from all the hustle and bustle of Bourbon but far away enough for it to be quiet and peaceful. The front desk was very friendly when we checked in but we had a slew of problems after that. Our bathroom light didn't work, I called right after we checked-in and it took them nearly 36 hours to fix!! (I had to call 4 times) How are you supposed to use the bathroom in the pitch dark?! Our tub also didn't drain, so we had to shower with the tub full the whole time as no one ever came to fix that either. But what really upset was when we came back from lunch we found our hotel door left WIDE OPEN by the housekeeping. Truly upsetting! The front desk was friendly and man who fixed our lightbulb was also really kind, and the property itself is clean, just too bad the management was so, so poor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela M, Director of Sales at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I am very sorry that your experience was not what we strive for. The items you mentioned are not acceptable in our standards and I am glad you brought it to our attention.

I have reviewed this information with the appropriate departments and we are incorporating your comments into our training and orientation.

We would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again.

Angela Matherne
Director of Sales & Marketing
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Now when I write this, remember that IC hotels are the top tier of the IHG group and I stayed as a platinum ambassador.
The emails sent prior to arrival seemed not to be handled timely. Reception made me chuckle..it could never be described as contemporary! It had a slight feel of a 70s spanish hotel.. in a pleasant reminiscent way.

I wasn,t happy with check-in at all. It felt disjointed... my 4pm late checkout was negotiated rather than offered. My attempt to settle my bill on check-in was thwarted. I booked a room with a balcony (room 1204)... this overlooked an office block which kind of negated the use if it. Received my ambassador perk with club room access... a sound breakfast and drinks 5 to 7pm with ever attentive servers.

The wifi... now this made me unhappy bearing in mind my status with IHG was free 512k. Fine for email at best and even then it was flakey; remember this is what they offered their most loyal guests ( you pay 200 $ for the ambassador membership).

All in all, I have given this place an average.. the poor view, wifi and check-in experience means this place wouldn't be my preferred choice. Shame really.., a little bit more thought and attention to their potential returning customers could make this place a great one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. I apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay with us. The hotel is about to undergo a significant renovation in 2014 that will improve the product and condition of the hotel.

Angela Matherne
Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to InterContinental New Orleans? Share your experiences!