“Steal of a Deal, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New Orleans

Save Saved
You added InterContinental New Orleans to your Saves list
InterContinental New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #100 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“Steal of a Deal, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We shopped the "Secret Deals" on Travelocity and this was the hotel we got. We were quite happy. We stayed 2 days before Thanksgiving and it was great for a walking tour of New Orleans. Bourbon Street was just a few blocks away and we even hoofed it to the Garden District. Our room was immaculate and very comfortable beds. Only downside we didn't plan on was the valet parking. Although was got a good deal, the price of parking almost cancelled it out. Regardless it was a great room in a great location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradley L, Manager On Duty at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear MrPodes512,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us at the InterContinental!! We are thrilled that we were selected for your stay on the "Secret Steals" Travelocity promotion! I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed yourselves, and I hope that if your future stays bring you back to the Big Easy, you return to the InterContinental New Orleans!

978 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I generally put Intercontinental Hotels in the same category as a Marriott or comparable upscale chain, so though I hadn't stayed there before, I felt reasonably confident booking a room for four nights for myself and a friend. I shouldn't have. The lobby is what you'd expect in a nice hotel--marble, large floral arrangements, chandeliers and brass. But the rooms?!? Ours was in desperate need of some love and attention--it looked like the only thing that had been replaced since the 70s was the television. The carpet was dirty and felt slightly damp. (This did not improve over our stay, we left a few nut shells on the carpet our first night, and there they sat the entire time.)There was nothing decorative on the walls at all, except one little, sad print in a very ornate frame badly centered over the desk and a mirror. There were tiny blood stains on the comforters. (I should note that we did not experience bed bugs, so I'm not sure what they were.) The furniture was mismatched, and there was nothing stylish whatsoever in the room. While I don't mind this as much when I stay at a bargain hotel, I don't expect it when I pay over $200 a night. If I'm interested in "shabby chic," I can stay at Le Richelieu. On the plus side, though, the location is good, and the service is fine, even if they DID charge us $5 because I had a package shipped to me there. The fitness center is pretty large, a nice change from the closets you find in many hotels. Since we usually stay at the Crowne Plaza on Canal Street, we were hopeful this could be a new go-to hotel. Unless they raise the bar, though, that won't be happening.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Patmo51,
First, let me thank you for taking the time to post and give feedback about your recent stay with us at the InterContinental New Orleans. Please accept my apologies that our property did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your candid feedback so we can use your comments to better our service for future guest experiences. Your comments have been passed along to our Executive Housekeeping department for review with their team. Finally, we are pleased to report that our property will soon be undergoing an extensive renovation further enhancing our hotel.

Graham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a business meeting in New Orleans and stayed at the InterContinental. This Hotel is a nice hotel. It is clean, the staff are friendly, and the location was perfect for me for both business and to hit the town. The fitness center is a tad outdated but it is functional and served its purpose. The room was clean and provided a good place to conduct business and sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bradley L, Manager On Duty at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear AnW520,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay with us at the InterContinental New Orleans! I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay for your business meeting and that we provided excellent guest service to you. Again, thank you for your review, and I hope you return to the InterContinental New Orleans soon!

Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel was nice. The people were very friendly. However, although the website indicated there were bathrobes, there was no bathrobe in the room. They did bring one up right away when I called. However, I forgot and left it with the towels and it was never replaced. The room could have used a better cleaning as dust could be seen under the entertainment center. The bed was very good however. The room could use an update but overall the hotel was fine, good location.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the higher floors because the streetcar is quite loud, even up as high as the 9...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear skdaisysmith,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the InterContinental New Orleans. We appreciate your comments and feedback and use them as a training tool for our staff. Your comments about the missing bathrobe and your housekeeping staff have been passed on to our Executive Housekeeping department. Again, thank you for your review and we hope that your future travels bring you back to the InterContinental New Orleans!

Drummondville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for 1 week. Room was clean but quite outdated. The food in New Orleans is awesome but not in this hotel. Peolpe were nice and helpful. Close to the french quarter so convenient if that is wehere you want to go.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stephan_Soucy,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent visit to the InterContinental New Orleans. Please accept our sincere apologies that our facilities did not exceed your expectations. However, we are excited to announce that we are about to embark on an extensive full-property renovation that will greatly enhance the stays of all our valued guests! Again, thank you for your review, and I hope that if your travels bring you back to New Orleans, you again chose the InterContinental!

Fellsmere, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Upon check in the service was excellent. Quick fast and friendly. Had to wait for my room but received a call within 10 minutes and it was ready. Room clean. Shower good. Small tile work that could be redone (I am a stickler about that). Nice amenities. Coffee in room. Nice. Only one issue has been with the speed of service at the Veranda restaurant for breakfast. Got up and got my own coffee twice. Water glass never refilled. :( would stay here again because of proximity to everything.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear AnneMThomas,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us at the InterContinental New Orleans. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable visit at our hotel. I have passed your concerns regarding the shower tile to our Engineering team and your service in the Veranda Restaurant to our Food and Beverage team. I assure you that your comments will be used to better our service for you and other future guests.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very good central hotel. Minutes away from Bourbon Street. Got a deal on a Club room. The best Club lounge we have been in. Good hot breakfast and hot evening snacks plus 2 hour happy hour, free drinks. A lovely comfortable lounge too. Bedroom very clean with everything you need. Valet parking expensive $80 for 2 days. Enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Choose a club room if possible. Rooms are higher up.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear YvonneManchester,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent visit to the InterContinental New Orleans. I am very pleased that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for mentioning our Club InterContinental executive lounge. I am glad that you and your party enjoyed our club experience, and I hope that your future travels bring you back to New Orleans and to the InterContinental!

InterContinental New Orleans

Been to InterContinental New Orleans? Share your experiences!