“Good but needs to be refurbished!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New Orleans

Save Saved
You added InterContinental New Orleans to your Saves list
InterContinental New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #100 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Drummondville, Canada
“Good but needs to be refurbished!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for 1 week. Room was clean but quite outdated. The food in New Orleans is awesome but not in this hotel. Peolpe were nice and helpful. Close to the french quarter so convenient if that is wehere you want to go.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bradley L, Manager On Duty at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Stephan_Soucy,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent visit to the InterContinental New Orleans. Please accept our sincere apologies that our facilities did not exceed your expectations. However, we are excited to announce that we are about to embark on an extensive full-property renovation that will greatly enhance the stays of all our valued guests! Again, thank you for your review, and I hope that if your travels bring you back to New Orleans, you again chose the InterContinental!

978 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fellsmere, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Upon check in the service was excellent. Quick fast and friendly. Had to wait for my room but received a call within 10 minutes and it was ready. Room clean. Shower good. Small tile work that could be redone (I am a stickler about that). Nice amenities. Coffee in room. Nice. Only one issue has been with the speed of service at the Veranda restaurant for breakfast. Got up and got my own coffee twice. Water glass never refilled. :( would stay here again because of proximity to everything.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear AnneMThomas,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us at the InterContinental New Orleans. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable visit at our hotel. I have passed your concerns regarding the shower tile to our Engineering team and your service in the Veranda Restaurant to our Food and Beverage team. I assure you that your comments will be used to better our service for you and other future guests.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very good central hotel. Minutes away from Bourbon Street. Got a deal on a Club room. The best Club lounge we have been in. Good hot breakfast and hot evening snacks plus 2 hour happy hour, free drinks. A lovely comfortable lounge too. Bedroom very clean with everything you need. Valet parking expensive $80 for 2 days. Enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Choose a club room if possible. Rooms are higher up.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear YvonneManchester,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent visit to the InterContinental New Orleans. I am very pleased that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for mentioning our Club InterContinental executive lounge. I am glad that you and your party enjoyed our club experience, and I hope that your future travels bring you back to New Orleans and to the InterContinental!

Woodland Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

On a recent visit to New Orleans my wife and I stayed at this property. It was quiet and very close to the French Quarter but the staff made the stay. From front desk, bartender to bell captain and most especially the concierge (Danielle) made this a most pleasant visit. Will definately book here again on our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradley L, Manager On Duty at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Ken K,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at the InterContinental. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and that our staff made your stay. I have passed along your praise to Danielle and the other staff you encountered during your visit. Again, thank you for taking the time to post about our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back for your future travels to New Orleans!!

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at the above hotel was disappointed as the hotel is in need of an upgrade. Breakfast was not the best, cold coffee, dried bacon, and basically a help yourself mentality. Room was sufficient in terms of space. Pillows well, not too good, small and hard. Service was fair but it seemed to me that the staff didn't really want to be there. Guess that's a problem with BIG hotel groups, i.e. motivating etcetera. All in all the experience was in my view a little under class in relation to the amounts charged. Oh, also the fact the hotel took the full amount when we booked on our credit card(3 months in advance) caused me to rethink my staying with IHG hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradley L, Manager On Duty at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Shotokan_63,
Allow me to thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us at the InterContinental New Orleans. Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not live up to your expectations of our hotel. Your comments about the cleanliness of the room have been passed on to our housekeeping management team for review and further training. I am also deeply sorry that our staff did not provide the top notch guest service that we provide ourselves on a the InterContinental, and we will use your comments for re-training our staff. If your future travels bring you to New Orleans, I hope you will give us another chance to restore your opinion of our hotel.

Steinhatchee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Just 2 blocks from the Quarter it offers a breather from the noise and excitement. It is mostly a hotel for business and convention people. So, the atmosphere is reserved without alot of kids running around. The bathrooms are really roomy and the room was comfortable. We chose a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the parking garage and it was completely quiet. The staff was excellent and the hotel includes a good restaurant, a pub, and a bar which is convenient. Plus, just down the street and around the corner is a good store to pick up your liquor and beer or cold drinks to help you avoid the overpriced room's bar.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the busy St. Charles street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SherryRozar,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the InterContinental New Orleans! I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and received great service from our staff. We pride ourselves on providing top notch service to all our guests! I hope that if your travels bring you back to New Orleans, you pay us another visit!

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was my third visit to the InterContinental and without hesitation this property will always be my recommendation to anyone travelling here. The location is ideal and in close proximity to all points of interests. The decor of the hotel reflects the local flavor but also continues to uphold IHG standards. Inside the rooms, the amenities provided were more than sufficient, with the carpet, painting, and wallpaper clean and always presentable.

The service of the hotel exceeds my level of satisfaction. Housekeeping ensured that all amenities were refreshed, and the room was always cleaned properly. I ordered room service on three occasions and each of my meals arrived on time and were prepared as requested. I visited the front desk three times during my visit, once to ask for a lunch recommendation, the second to request additional towels, and the third in the very early morning hours when I was in need of a nearby recommendation. I found Bradley and Schfreda to be overtly hospitable, friendly, and knowledgeable, as were each of the team members I encountered during my three-day stay.

All in all, I will continue to visit The InterContinental New Orleans for my upcoming visits.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia I, Director of Front Office Operations at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feed back regarding your stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your loyalty. You will be excited to hear that we are in the process of scheduling a multi million dollar renovation, to be complete in 2014. I have shared your comments with housekeeping, food and beverage and Bradley and Schfreda. I look forward to meeting you upon your return.

Been to InterContinental New Orleans? Share your experiences!