“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New Orleans

Save Saved
You added InterContinental New Orleans to your Saves list
InterContinental New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #97 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very good central hotel. Minutes away from Bourbon Street. Got a deal on a Club room. The best Club lounge we have been in. Good hot breakfast and hot evening snacks plus 2 hour happy hour, free drinks. A lovely comfortable lounge too. Bedroom very clean with everything you need. Valet parking expensive $80 for 2 days. Enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Choose a club room if possible. Rooms are higher up.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradley L, Manager On Duty at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear YvonneManchester,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent visit to the InterContinental New Orleans. I am very pleased that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for mentioning our Club InterContinental executive lounge. I am glad that you and your party enjoyed our club experience, and I hope that your future travels bring you back to New Orleans and to the InterContinental!

InterContinental New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Woodland Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

On a recent visit to New Orleans my wife and I stayed at this property. It was quiet and very close to the French Quarter but the staff made the stay. From front desk, bartender to bell captain and most especially the concierge (Danielle) made this a most pleasant visit. Will definately book here again on our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradley L, Manager On Duty at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Ken K,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at the InterContinental. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and that our staff made your stay. I have passed along your praise to Danielle and the other staff you encountered during your visit. Again, thank you for taking the time to post about our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back for your future travels to New Orleans!!

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at the above hotel was disappointed as the hotel is in need of an upgrade. Breakfast was not the best, cold coffee, dried bacon, and basically a help yourself mentality. Room was sufficient in terms of space. Pillows well, not too good, small and hard. Service was fair but it seemed to me that the staff didn't really want to be there. Guess that's a problem with BIG hotel groups, i.e. motivating etcetera. All in all the experience was in my view a little under class in relation to the amounts charged. Oh, also the fact the hotel took the full amount when we booked on our credit card(3 months in advance) caused me to rethink my staying with IHG hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradley L, Manager On Duty at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Shotokan_63,
Allow me to thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us at the InterContinental New Orleans. Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not live up to your expectations of our hotel. Your comments about the cleanliness of the room have been passed on to our housekeeping management team for review and further training. I am also deeply sorry that our staff did not provide the top notch guest service that we provide ourselves on a the InterContinental, and we will use your comments for re-training our staff. If your future travels bring you to New Orleans, I hope you will give us another chance to restore your opinion of our hotel.

Steinhatchee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Just 2 blocks from the Quarter it offers a breather from the noise and excitement. It is mostly a hotel for business and convention people. So, the atmosphere is reserved without alot of kids running around. The bathrooms are really roomy and the room was comfortable. We chose a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the parking garage and it was completely quiet. The staff was excellent and the hotel includes a good restaurant, a pub, and a bar which is convenient. Plus, just down the street and around the corner is a good store to pick up your liquor and beer or cold drinks to help you avoid the overpriced room's bar.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the busy St. Charles street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SherryRozar,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the InterContinental New Orleans! I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and received great service from our staff. We pride ourselves on providing top notch service to all our guests! I hope that if your travels bring you back to New Orleans, you pay us another visit!

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was my third visit to the InterContinental and without hesitation this property will always be my recommendation to anyone travelling here. The location is ideal and in close proximity to all points of interests. The decor of the hotel reflects the local flavor but also continues to uphold IHG standards. Inside the rooms, the amenities provided were more than sufficient, with the carpet, painting, and wallpaper clean and always presentable.

The service of the hotel exceeds my level of satisfaction. Housekeeping ensured that all amenities were refreshed, and the room was always cleaned properly. I ordered room service on three occasions and each of my meals arrived on time and were prepared as requested. I visited the front desk three times during my visit, once to ask for a lunch recommendation, the second to request additional towels, and the third in the very early morning hours when I was in need of a nearby recommendation. I found Bradley and Schfreda to be overtly hospitable, friendly, and knowledgeable, as were each of the team members I encountered during my three-day stay.

All in all, I will continue to visit The InterContinental New Orleans for my upcoming visits.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia I, Director of Front Office Operations at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feed back regarding your stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your loyalty. You will be excited to hear that we are in the process of scheduling a multi million dollar renovation, to be complete in 2014. I have shared your comments with housekeeping, food and beverage and Bradley and Schfreda. I look forward to meeting you upon your return.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is nice, clean, and quiet. All the important things to me when I travel. However, the hotel parking is rather expensive... $36 a night. That's a bit much to me. There are street meters and local parking garages for you if you want to use those. But they come with disadvantages as well.
My rate came breakfast included. Well it wasn't really "breakfast". When I inquired at the front desk they said it was coffee and danish from the basement level coffee stand. Wow. Not what I was expecting. So after I left the front desk I went to the coffee shop. It was closed! It was 10am and the shop was closed. They have some weird hours.
While in my room, I needed something from the gift shop. So I called the gift shop to see if they had some toiletries to buy. I called twice and no one answered. I called the line operator to check the gift shop hours. She said, the gift shop is open. I called the shop for a third time and no one answered. So I just went down to the gift shop instead. When I walked in, the shop attendant was in there, on her cell phone. I quickly got what I needed and went back to my room. Awful service! I true luxury hotel would have answered the phone, charged the items to my room, and then delivered them to me. That's service and luxury. Didn't get that at the Intercontinental. They wouldn't even answer the phone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear ereynihc,
Thank you for taking time to post your review about your recent stay at the InterContinental New Orleans. We appreciate your honest and candid feedback, so we can better our services for your's and other guest's future stays. Let me apologize that your expectations regarding the Sweet Car coffee shop and our gift shop were not met. Your concerns have been brought to the attention of their respective management. Again, thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Was going to New Orleans for Jazz Fest so the expectation of over priced hotels was not unexpected, but when we decided to stay at Intercontinental vs. lesser quality property was disappointed at what we found. With this hotel was expecting super luxury, it was not. When I got into the room the thermostat was set at 55, thought that would be too cold so moved to more normal 68-70, but it didn't matter, the A/C was not working but didn't figure it out until we checked out, just blew air continually, not cooled at all. As have been to many both standard and luxury hotels recently, large spray shower heads with extended shower bars is the norm, this shower was a basic small spray shower head, with only fair pressure and a straight curtain. Trying to fulfill the "eco" option held on to one of the used towels, but housekeeping didn't even replace the other towels, leaving too few where the need to request additional towels was made and then took over 45 minutes before additional towels were brought. Didn't clean the water in the ice bucket or replace the used glass. The expectation was for luxury but the quality was standard or even a bit below standard.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradley L, Manager On Duty at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Palman13,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Please allow me to apologize that your expectations of our property we not met. I have passed on your comments to our Housekeeping Management Team to review with staff to better serve our guests. If your travels bring you back to New Orleans, I hope that you will consider returning to the InterContinental New Orleans!

InterContinental New Orleans

Been to InterContinental New Orleans? Share your experiences!