“Old school charm - Modern convenience. Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grenoble House

You added Grenoble House to your Saves list
Grenoble House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   323 Dauphine Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #1 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Old school charm - Modern convenience. Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I haven't been to NOLA since I was a child and had no idea what to expect. Staying at Grenoble House made the trip perfect! Grenoble House, with its "old school" charm, and modern convenience was the perfect combination. I stayed in room #102 and once you make your way through the lobby and the courtyard around to the front door of the suite, you genuinely feel as if you are walking into the front door of a privately owned apartment.

The suite was very spacious, clean, and perfectly decorated. I've stayed in many suite hotels and rented several "by owner" condos for vacations and Grenoble provided the best of both of these. You are able to maintain your privacy because there is nobody knocking on your door yelling "housekeeping" to disturb you, yet unlike most suite or by owner condos, they actually offer daily housekeeping service. Because you check your key (yes, a real key) in and out at the front desk as you come and go, the staff first always greets you by name, but then is aware of when you are out so they can take care of your suite and empty the trash, provide fresh towels, whatever is needed. So, it's seamless and you feel like you have a private housekeeper!

Suite #102 does face the street and in the living room you do hear the noise, whether its cars, or garbage trucks, or people talking. However, once you close the beautiful, big french doors that lead to the bedroom, you don't hear a thing! I was there for New Year's Eve and the Sugar Bowl and *expected* noise - it's part of the NOLA atmosphere - so, it didn't make any difference to me at all.

Overall, Grenoble House was perfect. With the exception of the hot tub being out of order, everything was great! But, it was January, rainy and cold, so I wasn't bothered by that. The part was on order from what I understand. If this is important for your stay, you might check ahead of time. All in all, Grenoble House was the old school charm meets modern secure convenience I was looking for. The staff was professional, unbelievably helpful and responsive, the room was stocked with everything you could possibly need, and overall I would recommend Grenoble House to anyone traveling to NOLA.

Room Tip: #102 faces Dauphine Street. May be a little noisy in the living room but you can't hear the noi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This place is as close to living like a local as you can be without being one. The staff is eccentric and loving--and i got a great hug as i was leaving. The apartment was extremely clean and well appointed. The courtyard--which i would have used more if not for the freezing rain--was beautiful. The only complaint i could raise was the noise from the street--but hey--if you live in the quarter near the action--you will have noise. I will be back--and for a longer stay! No better location in the quarter!

Room Tip: I you like it a little quieter--request one of the rooms away from the street.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My new husband and I stayed at Grenoble House in Jan '14 for our honeymoon. We chose it because the property offers the best of both worlds...the freedom that staying in an apartment affords, within the security of a hotel.

Our 'suite' featured an open plan living room into kitchen, the latter of which was extremely well-equipped with everything you'd need. These lead on to a bedroom (with the biggest and best bed ever!), and a bathroom featuring bath and shower. There is plenty of closet space too.

Grenoble House offers a housekeeping service, and one of the great things about it is that they don't try and get into your room until they know you've left for the day (no worrying about a maid coming in at 9am!). As it's New Orleans, and essentially a party town, there were some mornings we were happy to lie in, and the staff at Grenoble gave us the privacy and time we desired.

Even though the property is only one street away from crazy Bourbon Street (don't stay on Bourbon if you want to get any sleep!), Grenoble House itself is very quiet and peaceful. The front door stays locked at all times and you can buzz to get in...24 hours a day. There is always someone on the front desk. It feels secure which is great.

This is a marvellous place to stay for sightseeing. You're within walking distance of all the major attractions, and it provides easy access to other transportation such as the streetcar on Canal St. This is all fantastic, but what makes Grenoble stand out from the crowd is this: the staff. They were amazing! I don't think I've ever stayed at a friendlier place. It was like coming home to a warm welcome every time. Chantal et al were so attentive and easy-going, and we really felt it was above and beyond what a normal hotel would offer.

I would not hesitate to recommend Grenoble House to anyone, and when we go back to New Orleans, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. Top notch!

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Location is perfect! One block from Bourbon St. You are within walking distance to everything! Super clean, spacious and comfortable. We stayed in unit 207 which felt like we had our very own private quarters. Inside was clean and stocked with everything we could need. The courtyard and pool looked very inviting, but the weather was too cold. We shall return in summer. The cherry on top was the staff. Super nice and helpful. Every time we passed by the lobby we chatted with whomever was at the front desk. Thank you Jared and Chantal for making our stay one of the best!

Room Tip: 207 was perfect!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We spent 2 nights here the weekend before Halloween. As other recent reviews have said, the location is awesome - quiet street one block from the south/west end of Bourbon (close to Canal). The price was really steep, as that weekend was apparently the most popular at that time of year, but we could have ended up paying much more. Here, we had a one bedroom apartment complete with full kitchen, full bathroom, nice queen bed and set in the back of the property, with a little garden table and chairs on our patio. Upon arrival, we were greeted like family, and the staff - one being one of the owners/maintenance guy - promptly took our bags right to our room. Chantal and the gentleman in the evening (I'm sorry, can't remember his name) at the desk were always very friendly and hospitable. We even gave him my boyfriend's shoes that just didn't fit anymore :). It was a lovely place. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about having to leave our room key each time we left, and retrieve it when coming back in, however in the end, I felt more secure this way and didn't mind. The pastries and coffee in the morning were a nice touch - and the CC's Community blend they provide in the rooms is wonderful!

Room Tip: Not sure what rooms in the main house are like - we stayed in the back section, across the courtyard...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a fabulous place tucked away in the French Quarter. We had a full kitchen separate living and bed and bath rooms. It was clean and adorable and the price was less than you would expect for location and amenities..

The staff was exceptional from Mike who assisted me with the reservations, Chantal who works mornings and was always cheerful and helpful and Wellington who was always there to help with luggage and any other detail you might need.

I really enjoyed my days there and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were in room 103 no stairs close to the pool courtyard outside your door. All downstair rooms ar...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here at the beginning of December. The location is terrific, within walking distance of most of the key New Orleans attractions. Staff is very friendly and welcoming and provide an atmosphere of taking care of you without being intrusive. I would definitely choose to stay here again the next time In visit New Orleans!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grenoble House? Share your experiences!