“Fabulous in every way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

You added The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel to your Saves list
The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Roosevelt Way, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best of Waldorf Credit
Ranked #7 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fabulous in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. I'd stayed at it when it was the Fairmont, but was happy to see it restored to its former glory as the Roosevelt. It's a beautiful art deco hotel, with a lot of attention to detail. Rooms were very nice and beds incredibly comfortable (I should know - thanks to food poisoning - I spent about 36 hrs straight in the room - I also know bathroom was spotless which was really nice when I collapsed on its floor). I saw some of the other reviews noted bad service but that was not my experience. The workout room is also head and tails above most of what you will see in NOLA hotels, because lets face it, you don't go there to exercise. Yeah, its expensive but worth it, especially if you are there for a special occassion, you get what you pay for (see my review on the hell hole Ambassador Hotel for evidence of that).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Jackson, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

Immediately, you will notice the 145 million dollar renovation. Beautiful! However, there's no world class service there to back it up. Check-in was terrible; We had to wait until 6 oclock to get our room. I'm a Diamond Member. The restaurants are very good but expensive. We paid over $50 dollars for breakfast. The bell staff were okay. I've had better at less expensive hotels. We would have been better off at the Hilton or Hampton Inn. Save yourself some money

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed for 3 nights at the Roosevelt and was very pleasantly surprised. the rooms are amazing and very clean, the service is extremely friendly and effeicient. Ex: the hairdryer in the room didn't work and it was replaced within 5 minutes of me calling, the same thing when we requested more towels.
The restaurants and bars are excellent, I recommend the coffee it was delicious.
The location is perfect about 500 meters from the frenchquarter but not in it ! So there was no noise whatsoever at night.
The bed is heaven, everybody is dying to find out where to find them from our office, they are firm but at the same time fluffy as a cloud , as if somebody is gently hugging you.

The only negative....$12.95 plus tax for 24 hours of wireless. I think at those hotelprizes it should be included... maybe something to consider

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I travel quite a bit for business and took my wife on a 5 day trip to New Orleans recently. I am generally a Marriott or Starwoods guy but read the reviews on the Roosevelt and decided to try it. I have been to New Orleans 4 times in the past 5 years...hands down, this is the nicest hotel in New Orleans!!
From the time we were greeted, to how housekeeping responded, to the use of the concierge and the fitness center, service was exemplary! For example, when I asked an employee where the fitness center was, he actually walked me all the way there, and conversed nicely with me as we walked.
The rooms were immaculate which is important to us. And the location was perfect.
I can not say enough....this is an outstanding hotel!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

We arrived at The Roosevelt, Confirmation in hand, at 6 PM only to find that there was not a room ready for us. We were asked to wait, along with our luggage, in the lobby for "fifteen minutes or so". We noticed at that time that the lobby somewhat resembled an airport that had been shut down due to inclement weather. People were all over the lobby with their luggage awaiting a room. After 20 minutes we returned to the counter to check and were told that it would be "about another 20 minutes or so" before our room was ready. When we asked what would have happened had we arrived at the 3:00 check-in time and we were told that we "most likely would have had a room". So what does this mean? Even though we gave them a credit card to "confirm", thus the term "confirm" our room they seemed to have given it to someone else. We finally settled for a Queen Room even though we had reserved a King. On the second day of our stay, Maid service arrived promptly at 4 PM! (The hotel did compensate us by slipping a letter of apology under the door of our room?)
As it turned out, several people attending the same Reception we were, had the same problems with rooms not being ready. Then the evening after the Reception one couple went, Confirmation in hand, to check in and were told they did not have a room and no rooms were available. They were from out of town and had to drive the 70 miles back to their home that night. The only reason for all of these problems can be overbooking.
We were looking forward to our stay at a Historic New Orleans hotel with a great reputation but were very let down. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Roosevelt has great ambiance. You feel 1940's Orleans as it were fresh and new. My King Suite room was on a low floor with no view even though I requested a high floor with a view. I went down to complain and see if I could be switched, but the front desk seemed overwhelmed so I figured I'd just deal with it. Needless to say, I began my stay a bit on the negative side. The sheer comfort of the room, bed, and shower won me over. By the first day I was comfortably at home in my low floor room. I was disappointed that there was no coffee maker in my room...but all in all that is minor. I would highly recommend this hotel and stay here again. Note: great hotel bar and coffee shop! Very close to Bourbon Street, but far enough away so that you don't feel on top of the 3am action and noise.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Where do I start??!!! On first impressions you cannot fail to be impressed with what welcomes you to the Roosevelt. The lobby is everything you would expect from the Waldorf chain... but that is where it ends. We were in New Orleans for my partners 40th birthday so definitley wanted a relaxing luxury break. Second day, after the first shower buzzer in the room went.... apparantly underneath our room had flooded. We wern't asked if it was inconvienient for us not to be getting dressed and ready to go out we had to sit there in limbo chasing the workmen to find out when they were coming back so we could get dressed. The champagne we had bought for that night remained unopened. 90 minutes later the workmen finished, leaving us pondering how to salvage our plans.
Day three... we awoke to a few ants in the bathroom... a bit worrying but we put it down to the work that had been completed the previously day.......UNTIL we opened one of the draws in the room to find it crawling with ants, (along with the second bed in the room). My partner decended on reception to complain... we were moved to a second room. As I started to pack up our stuff I heard the yell from the new room where my partner had dicovered a MASSIVE cockroach in the bathroom. Once again back to reception to aske to be moved room... which they did but to an inferior room! An offer to pick up our bar tab was turned down by us as we thought we at least should talk about this with the manager...who was suddenly unavailable, (more of which later!). They eventually sent someone up to deal with the cockroach, (again after us chasing them), by which time we had wasted another morning faffing about in the hotel. We have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world, (and some of the worst!!) and this is not what we expected from the Waldorf chain for what we were paying per night. Later that afternoon by the pool, (NB which was also filthy, complete with dirty mark all around it, cigarettes butts floating and a jacuzzi that didn't need bubble bath as all the scum frothed up lovely!), we happened upon the manager who knew nothing about our complaint, (not what the man in reception said who had told them.....). She promised to call us later that day to talk about making things right. This didn't happen although our bar tab and a pay-per-view movie, (about $50) had been taken care of.
By this time we were completly fed up. Even though we were kept up the next two nights by next door, we had no faith in the fact that it would have been dealt with - not a good feeling when you have chosen a hotel based on a reputation.
Positives?? There were two exits and it was right next to all the resturants and bars which meant you didn't have to spend too long in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel? Share your experiences!