“Very Comfortable Stay at Roosevelt - Loved It!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel to your Saves list
The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Roosevelt Way, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best of Waldorf Credit
Ranked #9 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Victor, NY
“Very Comfortable Stay at Roosevelt - Loved It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

We booked a King room very last minute with the Roosevelt (we had booked a different hotel and upon arrival -- it was horrible. Therefore, had to make a move immediately).
The Roosevelt saved our trip and we were so happy they were able to accommodate us!! The hotel is beautiful, swanky and comfortable (loved the bed). The staff is consistently friendly, smiling and helpful. The room size was perfect for our needs, clean and upscale. Nicely decorated and a beautiful bathroom (loved the shower too). Location for us was perfect - can walk easily to just about anywhere (but far enough away from most noise generated on Bourbon St).
We enjoyed the pool and hot-tub. Enjoyed the restaurants and hotel bar. Loved the John Besh restaurant - I thought it was delish so we went twice!
Here are my only critiques - our room faced Canal St and we were on the 14th floor. This street can generate a lot of noise from horns beeping, ambulances etc. all day and night (but it didn't ruin our time). Also, once we checked into the Roosevelt - they wouldn't let us into our room until 7pm. This was a little annoying but we were flexible about it. -- But when we requested a late check out, they weren't willing to accommodate us on this .... of which, I didn't think was too fair.
I will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future!! I feel it would actually be my first choice!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

This hotel didn't live up to the usual standards of Waldorf Hotels. I requested an early check in, but wasn't able to check into my room until 3:30, 30 minutes after the standard check in time listed on our reservation and the hotels website. We had to rush to get ready for a wedding. As we waited in the lobby for our room to be cleaned we noticed many other couples with the same issue. It's a nice hotel, the rooms are clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated, but the hotel is not located in the heart of the french quarter, nor is the stated check-in time standard . I won't be returning.

New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE. There are many choices for luxury hotels in New Orleans, and the Roosevelt just does not measure up.
I booked my stay about a year ago, before the hotel had even opened. I called to confirm our late arrival to the hotel earlier in the week leading up to my stay. Yet, upon getting to the hotel at midnight, we were told there was no room for us, and we would have to go to another hotel. We got a room the next day. During our stay, housekeeping failed to clean up the complimentary fruit tray the hotel management sent (it was moldy).

Stay at the Ritz or the Windsor Court, where the service is exceptional.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

My wife and I never got a honeymoon so after a year of marriage we both finally took some time off from work. We booked two nights at the Roosevelt. I used my HiltonHonors points for the stay and booked via phone. I requested a upgrade and the reservation person said there were several suites open for my stay (booked it one day before we travelled). After arriving at 9pm, we decided to take a shower and head out on the town. Once we returned, figuring the room was hot from our showers, we went to sleep. I got up at least three times sweating so bad I had to flip the pillow over. The AC only goes to 65 but I will say it must have been regulated to stay at 78. I tried to use the fan but it was too noisy. After a miserable night, my wife and I decided to leave and head back home (7 hours away). Not to mention losing all my points for the second night we didnt stay. Front staff was apologetic and I knew it wasnt their fault so I didnt complain too much. Dont valet park for $38 because there is a parking garage 1/2 block away for $22. Rooms are small but updated and nice flatscreen TV. For the price I would have stayed across the street at the Mariott or an other major hotel---at least I know they dont monitor their AC controls....Very uncomfortable stay and will never stay at this hotel again.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Stayed in a King Deluxe room for a conference held in this fine hotel. While the room was not huge there was ample space. The bathroom was a nice size as well. The hotel is beautiful from the moment you step into the entrance. I was impressed with the attention to detail. The pool area is gorgeous - there was even a bartender on duty the day I was there.
Other guests in a queen room complained it was small so be sure to book a King room or a deluxe room. I just had two walk two blocks and I was on Bourbon Street. Great location!

Manhattan Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Beautiful rooms with two massive flat screen TVs (and an additional small one in the bathroom). Slept very well in the comfortable bed, no noise from the street. Nice bar for a pre-dinner drink.
Breakfast was terrible: very expensive ($5 for a bad coffee!) and service atrocious, just go somewhere nice nearby.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My Husband and I recently stayed at the Roosevelt New Orleans. He was there for a conference I was just a tag along. I fully expected our hotel to be a typical conference type slightly tattered corporate hotel. What a pleasant surprise! This hotel is absolutely lovely. Every little detail of the 150 million dollar restoration is exquisite and appropriate. The staff is like nothing I have encountered in the last 40 years. Everyone was absolutely attentive, charming, informative, warm, gracious, knowledgeable could go on. Our room was outstanding, clean fresh spacious with 12 foot ceilings. It was perfectly situated just the right amount away from the french Quarter (3 min walk) to no be in the throngs of people. The Sazarac Bar is a jewel-box. We had a bell man show us the historic Blue Room where many famous jazz era people played. I cannot say enough. Just standing in the lobby is a pleasure. I never even made it to the spa.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel? Share your experiences!