“Wonderful stay!! Will stay again.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

You added The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel to your Saves list
The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Roosevelt Way, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
youngsville,la
“Wonderful stay!! Will stay again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Me and my husband went for the Superbowl weekend to enjoy the game in the Saints hometown. We are Louisiana natives so we love to visit New Orleans when we can. We decided to try out the newly renovated property as it is hard to find a quality hotel in a prime location. Most are worn down(room wise) etc. We stayed in the Luxury Suite. Overall we would not change a thing except for a few minor issues but the hotel is still working out some kinks. The location is perfect. You are close to everything but yet its away from the hustle and bustle...its only a block or so from the french quarter. Only a 3 min walk. The bellmen and staff were all very friendly. We ordered room service and the food was really good and they were prompt to bring it to us. The girl who brought it also was very courteous. Absolutely loved the layout of the room. Its like being in a luxury apt rather than a hotel so you feel more at home. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a seperate bathtub and shower and a seperate little room for the toilet area. Also the TV in the bathroom was a nice addition while getting ready or taking a bath. Like i said there was only a few minor things i would change....there was dust in several areas in the room that was not wiped, on the duvet cover on the bed there was something on there that to the naked eye while not in bed you would not notice but while lying in bed i saw it(again very small) so i can see how housekeeping would not notice it, and the last bath i took the tub latch to open the drain was stuck and i could not drain the water out(would have called about it but we were leaving so i didnt call to complain), the curtains were a little hard to close, and our view out the window was not the best in this rooms location.
Please do not listen to all the negative reviews on here and give this hotel a try esp. the suites! All my issues were minor and im sure in time will get better as this hotel has not even been open a year yet. We already are booked to stay again for our week long trip in November for our 3rd wedding anniversary and are looking forward to returning and trying out all the hotel has to offer. Our stay was too short to really do much this past stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

This place is interesting to look at and the rooms are stylish. I was just a little put off by the $38/night parking fee and the lack of housekeeping. One day we returned to our room at 6:30 p.m. and the room had not yet been serviced ( and it was not so clean to begin with- we found a pair of underwear on the floor when we arrived). We settled for some clean towels but felt sad for the housekeepers as they seemed overworked and exhausted. For the price we paid to stay there, it seems they could hire an extra person to help. I enjoyed waking up to the newspaper each morning and going down to the little coffee bar. If you want a soda however, plan on trekking to the nearby drug store.
Although this is a nice hotel, after a long day of walking/sightseeing in New Orleans you kind of want to come back to a tidy room. Maybe it was just an off day?!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
COlorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel located close to the convention center. The room and bathroom were a bit small, but very comfortable. The bed was a pillow top and made for a great night's sleep. The resaurants are great.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Shreveport, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

I've never written a review before but the poor service we experienced during our 3-night costly stay (almost $1,200 total) made me eager to warn others. The two-person room was beautifully decorated but meagerly provisioned with three towels, one bar of soap and no drinking glasses in the bath room. The toilet seat was dangerously loose and the smoke alarm had a strobe light that will keep you awake unless you normally sleep on a runway. The maintenance man took care of the toilet but how does something like that get past housekeeping?? He assured us that the blinking light on the smoke alarm "means it is working." Funny, I never noticed that at the Ritz or the Windsor Court. First day the room had not been cleaned by 4:00 p.m. Always a nice way to end a working day. We had to call. Same day, a testy male concierge was absolutely no help with dinner reservations. I travel to New Orleans often and a well-connected concierge can easily score last minute reservations on a Thursday night. This guy wouldn't even make the phone call. (I'm not referring to Perry - he was actually great help prior to arrival). Last straw was check out. After accepting an $8 tip for one large and 3 small bags, the bellman abandoned our luggage cart outside at the top of the stairs, assumably for the lone valet to load. Our car was waiting so there was no need for him to rush inside. Neither the valet nor the door captain offered to assist as my daugher and I struggled up and down the stairs, loading the car. Guess we were invisible. Never again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Omaha
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I am in the Roosevelt now and feel compelled to write about my experience. I pulled up to the valet and popped the trunk, the valet pulls my suitcase out of the trunk and pulls up the handle for me to roll it myself as he hands me a ticket. Gee, thanks. So now that I'm carrying my luggage, the only way in is up the stairs to the lobby. I am given a room key and I'm told that valet parking is $40/day. What a scam, why not just charge $50 or $75?. It would be good to know that I was going to be overcharged for parking before I booked the room. Or at least mask it by charging more for the room where the rate is known and then charge something reasonable for parking. In my room there is a 10oz bottle of water in the mini bar for $5. Fine, I drink it, but I need more water. I go looking for vending and there is none. I call room service and they bring me 4 warm bottles and I wonder “will it be $10 per bottle?”. I ask them for ice and they tell me there is an ice machine down the hall.
The decor is nice but they forgot about the basic need and expectation of the guests. Don’t scam them on parking, carry luggage up stairs...preferably to room, provide bottle water, and if asked for ice just go get it.
So far, a terrible experience. I come to NOLA 4-5 times a year for the food. But I wont be returning to the Roosevelt. Save yourself the trouble and go to The Windsor Court or the W in the Quarter. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

This was my first time to go to the Roosevelt. I was with a group of girls going to New Orleans for a "girls weekend." We decided to book four "junior suites" and plan a whole day at the hotel.

We arrived in the afternoon and were able to check in to our suites- they were AMAZING! You walk into an area with a pull-out couch, chairs and a large flat screen tv. Then in a seperate area, there were two queen beds with very comfortable bedding and a flat screen tv. The bathroom also had a flat screen tv and was a nice sized bathroom with a large closet. The room felt very updated and luxiourious without being "modern."

We booked services at the Guerlain Spa in the hotel- I had a pedicure and it was fabulous. Everyone was pleased with their massages, pedicures and manicures. We had dinner that night in the restaurant in the hotel- Domenica. It is a John Besh restaurant. It is trendy but also casual. Great small plates of food. We also went to the Sauzerac bar which was very nice. The lobby of the hotel has a lot of ambiance!

My only complaint was that the water in the shower never got "hot" just very warm.

I thought the service was great- the bellman was always very fast and courteous whenever we needed one and various times, they brought us things we forgot to pack. They were also very nice when we checked in.

I have already booked another stay at this hotel because I enjoyed it so much!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

Room and bathroom are extremely small. View would be nice if window were not dirty and covered in some sticky substance (don't want to know). No coffee maker or trash can in the room. Fan in bathroom is always on and can't be turned off.

• Stayed February 2010

Been to The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel? Share your experiences!