“Great Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel to your Saves list
The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Roosevelt Way, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best of Waldorf Credit
Ranked #7 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A great classy hotel with superb customer service. I try to stay there every time I am in New Orleans whether for business or pleasure. Restaurants are good and Sazerac is the perfect bar to hang out at.

Try it at Christmas and you will always stay there.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Moundsville, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was awesome although a bit out of our league. The room was tastefully decorated and very welcoming. The bathroom was modern and clean. The towels were very plush and better than what we have at home. The bed was Huge and comfortable. The climate control worked well and we kept the temperature at 65. The employees at the hotel were friendly and helpful. It was nice to be able to text the front desk with any questions. Their responses were quick and useful. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Mixers in the showers gave off too much hot water. Parking is too expensive even if it is the "going rate". Rooms were very quiet...Pillows too soft...rarely got enough towels for the number of people in the room. Elevators too small.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a magnificent hotel.

The reception, which runs for a block, is truly magnificent. It's decor and trimmings transport one back to a bygone age of splendour. You can positively feel what it must have been like to stay in this hotel in the roaring 1920's.

It is very centrally located, just off Canal Street - the main thoroughfare of New Orleans and close to the French Quarter.

I found the staff, room serviice and the wonderful Teddy's coffee bar inside the hotel to be wonderful.

Put a stay here on your bucket list - it's a must do!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We can't say enough good things about this hotel. Everything from the beds to the quality construction of the hotel is beyond compare. All of the employee's are so helpful and genuine. The concierge's are Great for dinner reservations, or for arranging a tour. We did this before we arrived via email. You can't go wrong at the Roosevelt!! Thank you Don for making our reservations before we arrived!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We rented a luxury suite as a late mother's day gift for me. Our room was two hours late at check in and we were traveling with a baby. I wasn't thrilled to put him on a floor and immediately have to take paperclips and plastic out of his mouth because the carpet had obviously not been vacuumed. I also found medicine left over from a previous occupant by the tv....which means after waiting on my room, I know it wasn't cleaned properly. My fancy tub (which we upgraded to a suite for) ...had jets that did not come on...and dirt on the bottom. Also, the pull out had no linen. Overall, I felt as though I paid too much. In general, the bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly. Valet let's you text to get your car ready. We just wish our room was cleaner.

• Stayed July 2014
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I've been to NOLA many times so I knew I could find cheaper valet parking elsewhere, so I dropped my luggage off and walked back. It's close to Bourbon and on Canal so there is plenty of parking within walking distance.

The lobby is clean and is always occupied with hotel staff. I checked in and received a room on pool level. Never got to go, but the pool seemed constantly busy. Room was nice and bed was comfortable.

I started my stay by going to the gym and getting some blood flowing. The gym has everything you could want for your work-out (free weights, medicine balls, treadmill, stationary bikes, etc...), with tvs at all the stationary equipment.

I went on a best of Waldorf stay, so I used my credit for breakfast and snacks from the gift shop. The breakfast, both times, got to me in less than 20 minutes, so no need to order an hour in advance. I wish they would consider what some Hilton's do and have the guest fill out a form with the breakfast they will want the night before and what time the want it delivered. This would have worked better for me, but not that big of deal.

As with all my other Hilton stays, staff is helpful and friendly and I never have a problem checking out. If you have the funds to stay here, don't settle on a second choice.

-Hilton Honors member for many, many years.

Room Tip: I've only stayed once, so cannot compare noise level. But I can say for sure if you get a room c...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear JCnotPenny,

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are pleased that you were able to use The Best of Waldorf promotion to stay with us. We are overjoyed that you would recommend our hotel to other travelers and we thank you for your patronage. We hope that if your travels ever bring you back to the Crescent City we hope that you are able to stay with us again.

Best,
The Roosevelt New Orleans Team Members

Been to The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel? Share your experiences!