“Great Location, Exquisite Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel to your Saves list
The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Roosevelt Way, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn up to 4x points!
Ranked #8 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
“Great Location, Exquisite Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked the Roosevelt for our vacation to New Orleans because of its proximity to the French Quarter, restaurants, and other attractions. We were not disappointed in the least. What a beautiful property. I commend the property owners for the fantastic job in renovating the hotel after Katrina. The trim work, the ornate fixtures and the service was fabulous. What a delight in seeing the hotel in its glory.
Rooms: were very clean and the care can be seen how the staff keeps the room up.
Service: a 10 out of 10. What a great cadre of of house keepers and room service. Well attired and very polite.
I will book again at this hotel. Thank you Roosevelt!

Room Tip: If you can, get the suite. What a treat with the upgraded showers and separate bedroom.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Mlmora,

We are so delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay at The Roosevelt Hotel. Thank you very much for taking time and letting the TripAdvisor community know about your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recent renovation and soak in the history of our hotel. Thank you for your kind words about our house keeping staff and how their attention to detail surpassed your expectations. We hope that your travels does not keep you to far from New Orleans and we look forward to your return.

1,687 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Magnificent grand dame of New Orleans with wonderful staff rooms and amenities. A must see and stay at hotel; right next to the french quarter. Excellent suggestions from entiere staff and the bar is a great place to have drinks.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear TripAdvisorMember,

Thank you so much for taking time and letting our Trip Advisor community know about your recent stay. We are so very pleased to hear that you believe our hotel is magnificent grand dame of New Orleans. Thank you so much for these kind words. We will look forward to your return and hope that your return soon.

Middletown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at the Roosevelt for five nights in April. The rooms are modern, well-appointed, and. I travel frequently for work and the bedding is very comfortable. The coffee bar, Teddy's, is an elegant place to conduct business or get a dessert. The hotel personnel go out their way to provide excellent hospitality. This is my hotel of choice when visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Rumbera1967,

Thank you so much for taking time and letting our Trip Advisor community know about your recent stay. We are so very pleased that you enjoyed your room and our many outlets. Thank you again for the kind words about The Roosevelt Team Members. We will look forward to your return and hope that your travels do not keep you far.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

One can feel and see that this hotel has history. The bar is something to see so is the hallway. Unfortunately the rooms with this amazing ugly carpets need desperately a refresher. Unfortunately the beds are also not the newestest on the other hand the bathrooms are ok. The fitness is not up to the standard this hotel would like to be.
The pool and the bar is also a little bit dated. The cappucino is not worth its name.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Go100go,

Thank you for staying with us. I understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearance is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Best,
Mark Remer
Front Office Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My favorite thing about this hotel is the linens they use. There beds are to die for. There is no evening restaurant so plan ahead for dinners out. The bar is great. The history of the hotel is great. My watch went missing from my room not so great. Oh and the charged my for valet parking-I didn't have a car, again not so great. Of course the removed the charges when made aware.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time and letting the TripAdvisor community know about your recent stay. We are so delighted to hear that one of your favorite things about our hotel is the linens. Many do love our beds and we are so pleased that you were able to sleep soundly during your stay. We regret that you had an unfortunate experience during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. We invite you to contact our Front Office Manager, Mark T. Remer at mark.remer@waldorfastoria.com to speak further about your stay.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

So my husband and I are hilton honors members, I actually gold which is significant since if they have availability they are supposed to upgrade the room and also include breakfast. or give hilton gold members access to their lounge (which has food and drinks at certain set hours), anyway, the reason I bring this up is because this hotel does not participate in such nonsense. I've notice as a whole Waldorf Astoria claims that every single guest should be treated equally and so that is the reason they don't like to participate in such a program that distinguishes individuals. But the truth is that there are differences between guests. If I travel a lot and always stay at a Hilton I think I should be recognized as VIP AND TREATED SO.

That being said the hotel is divine, it is beautiful , service is great and it is centrally located without being on top of Bourbon street which you would never want to do. But if I knew that there would be no perks I actually would have just at the W or somewhere else because this was pricier.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear em m,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We at take a great deal of pride in meeting our customer’s expectations and are disappointed anytime we fall short of that goal. Your input and concerns are appreciated.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention. We value your business and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Before I jump into my review, I will attempt to qualify myself as a worthy reviewer. I travel every week, all over the world, and am OCD about cleanliness, especially when I am traveling. I always look forward to coming to the Roosevelt. Yes, I have Hilton Honors status, but the items I list below are regardless of status.

This hotel is the best. Why?
- The rooms are ALWAYS immaculate, beautifully decorated, stocked with all the complimentary items you need (Ferragamo toiletries, sewing kit, complimentary shoe shine...).
- The rooms are quiet (this is New Orleans...right in the French Quarter after all)
- The wifi works. This should be enough.
- The beds are absolutely divine comfortable. The sheets are the softest things ever.
- The bathroom linens - ALWAYS white, soft, and new. I hate when you stay in a hotel and the towels are 15 years old, dingy gray, and hole-y.
- Did I mention the rooms are awesome?
- The gym is fully equipped with free weights, the best up-to-date and well kept cardio machines, kettle bells, even foam rollers.
- Dominca restaurant is in the hotel, is reasonably priced, and I prefer the food here over the 5 star $$$$ restaurants any day. (Note: I am also a food snob)
- Teddy's Cafe and Sazerac Restaurant will bend over backwards to give you what you are looking for. 2 scrabbled egg whites without oil? No problem. And only $4.xx. Arugula salad with fresh lump crab meat? Always my favorite...and < $20.
- Service..omg everyone is super nice and the "real" nice...not the fake nice. I needed a cab to drive me a few blocks. The cab drivers were mean and wanted the "airport" customers. Bellman told them to keep moving...and wouldn't accept that behavior.
- The location - very convenient to Walgreens/CVS (for when you need something quick), the French Quarter (for when you need something FQy), the CBD (for when you need to get work done), the mall, etc...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear tipsypink,

Thank you so much for taking time and letting our Trip Advisor community know about your recent stay. We really do appreciate your detailed review and ecstatic that you are a patron of our hotel. It brings us great joy to hear that are outlets are more than wonderful, and that you have a pleasant experience each time you stay. We are also very pleased with the compliments you had for our bellman, and we will pass them along to their manager. We will look forward to your return and hope that your travels do not keep you far. Thank you again for your review.

The Roosevelt Hotel Team Members

Been to The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel? Share your experiences!