“Wonderful luxurious beds and suite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

You added The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel to your Saves list
The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Roosevelt Way, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best of Waldorf Credit
Ranked #6 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Los Angeles, Ca
“Wonderful luxurious beds and suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were here for a conference. Our suite was lovely and very comfortable and had a guest bathroom. Main bathroom did not have a bathtub. I saw a couple of different rooms. The rooms seem to greatly very in size.This was our first stay at this hotel. We have stayed at the Windsor court many times. I like both of these hotels and would not hesitate to recommend either one. The lobby at the Roosevelt is magnificent. The room was well maintained. Sazerac bar was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TheRoosevelt, Public Relations Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear traveledfar,

Thank you for stopping by Trip Advisor and letting our community know about your last business stay. We are pleased to hear that you loved our luxurious beds and suites. We know that traveling to conferences can take you away from the comfort of home and we are glad that you were able to find it at our hotel. We hope that if your travels bring you to New Orleans may it be for leisure or business you will consider staying with us again.

The Roosevelt Team Members

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
SKILLMAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am a meeting planner and had my group stay here for a conference. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the service was outstanding. In my opinion, if you are trying to decide between the cookie cutter Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton (etc.) or the Roosevelt, you must go for the Roosevelt. It is an experience of its own just staying there. The architecture is like amazing, the "Blue Room" so historic, the rooms are spacious and inviting. The ONLY problem I had was with cell service, since the walls are so thick. Stay at the Roosevelt - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear TARA D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our Trip Advisor Community. It gives us great pleasure to hear that our hotel made your conference a wonderful, memorable experience. We will definitely communicate your testimonial to our Sales and Event Managers. They make sure along with the other Roosevelt Team Members that each group is attended to. We know that putting on a conference can be a little hectic and we surely try to easy our meeting planners minds with making sure those things run smoothly on the hotel end. Thank you again for taking time to talk about your experience in our historic hotel and we hope that if your conference is back in New Orleans next year you consider having it at The Roosevelt Hotel.

Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

In many ways, the hotel was good - friendly staff, decent room furnishings. Our room, however, was exceedingly tiny. One bedside table doubled as a desk, and the desk chair was the only chair for the room. The other bedside table just barely cleared the door to the tiny bathroom. We would have been better off staying at either the nearby Marriott or Hilton hotels.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Bronco1Bill,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay and that you found our staff to be friendly, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if you found our rooms to be too small. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Mark Remer
Front Desk Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was very very excited to stay here, visited NOLA with my brother for the first time and everyone said that the Roosevelt will just add to the charm. Our experience started with a standoffish check-in person, can't remember her name just remember the indifference in her tone of voice and actions, she walked away twice while checking me in, not sure for what, just walked away once even to the back office. Friendly wouldn't be a word to describe her.
The concierge greeted us at the front desk, (although we were told he would meet us up in the room?) to walk us to the room. He was very polite and knowledgeable, he helped me arrange a couple of tours, he assured me that everything was taken care of and that all charges will show on my room folio….which they weren’t.
The room was beautifully appointed; bedding is awesome and clean as a whistle. The housekeeping staff was unbelievably helpful, polite and thorough. I was very happy with my room, rooftop pool was very nice and people seemed to enjoy it. Location is awesome and the gift shop was really reasonably priced and such nice helpers there too.
I was sorely disappointed in breakfast on Sunday morning, although there were 4 tables at the most in the whole restaurant we were sat…and never saw our waitress…$27 for the breakfast buffet and not even a good morning from the waitress…such disappointment. After we finished breakfast I had to tell the hostess that we have not seen anyone during our breakfast experience…if they were busy I would maybe understand but there was no excuse…sloppy service.
A bit disappointed that I didn’t experience the charm that everyone spoke of, maybe you will.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear TheMangoMan,

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was disappointed to read that not all our staff courteous toward you. I sincerely apologize if our front desk staff and restaurant waitress did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered

Mark Remer
Front Desk Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Don't stay here room tiny view a concrete wall. No coffee pot. Pillows lack integrity. Elevator shaky. Not comfortable at all. Everything is charged and high. I feel like they have stuck it too me You may think I am a cheapskate but I will pay gladly fir upscale if that's what I would get but honesttlyvi have stayed at grander hotels for more money and felt I got m yt? Moneys worth not here and stayed at lesser priced hotels and had better too. Will not recommend. Ps I am still here so all of your polite responses don't work if you don't adjust the general operations of the hotel. I need a better room

• Stayed March 2013
TheRoosevelt, Front Office Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear jimmmi,

Thank you so much for stopping by Trip Advisor. Whereas we promote a luxurious stay and memorable experience with hopes of receiving a positive guest response, we certainly appreciate knowing where a continued growth opportunity is available. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your guest experience.
Not only at The Roosevelt, but Hilton World Wide, we strive to provide the industries best in service and amenities. The dissatisfaction in your stay is a tremendous concern to the team and look forward to further information about any short comings. Thank you for your constructive response and being our guest.

Best,

Mark T. Remer
Front Office Manager
mark.remer@waldorfastoria.com
Clinton, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels in New Orleans over the past 45 years and since its renovation, there currently is no better place than The Roosevelt. It is withing walking distance of the Quarter, the Riverwalk, shopping and great restaurants. The service is the best in NOLA and the hotels restaurants are excellent. The rooms can be small, but if you select a Deluxe Room, you will be happy. Valet parking is available but expensive. Check-in is quick and easy.

Room Tip: Select the deluxe room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TheRoosevelt, Public Relations Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Robert H,

Thank you so much for your kind compliments on our lovely hotel. We are really honored that you think The Roosevelt Hotel is the best in New Orleans. Thank you for taking time and letting the Trip Advisor Community know about your latest stay at our hotel. We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will visit us soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We normally do Hilton family hotels and were able to stay at The Roosevelt for three nights on points - so the price was right. The Roosevelt is an old beautiful hotel filled with antiques and rococo furnishings that we enjoyed. We were upgraded to a king suite so that was great, too. For the down side, our bathroom was tiny and there was no counter space to set things. We like to have a nice cup of coffee or two when we wake up and many hotels have free coffee set ups in the lobby which we welcome or, of course, a coffee maker in your room, but the Roosevelt had neither. So, we were disappointed when we were forced to use a Starbucks-like cafe for our coffee fix to the tune of $9 for two large cups. The coffee was good but we would've appreciated a coffee bar in our room or in the lobby. The location is ok - we normally stay in the Quarter near Jackson Square so it was a little hike to the heart of the Quarter but was ok. I shouldn't complain about the cost but the car parking was also ridiculous. We enjoyed our stay in this classic hotel but will probably opt for the Quarter next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bobby44881,

Thank you for taking time and letting the Trip Advisor Community know about your recent stay. We are so pleased that you had a wonderful time during your stay and were able to use your points. We are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay in New Orleans and were able to experience our classic hotel. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and that you will be able to stay with us again.

The Roosevelt Team Members

Been to The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel? Share your experiences!