“Great Vacation!! Couldn't have asked for more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel to your Saves list
The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Roosevelt Way, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
The Best of the Roosevelt
Ranked #9 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Vacation!! Couldn't have asked for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We stayed in a 2 queen room over the Mardi Gras celebration. The customer service was amazing, they greeted us at our car once we pulled up, and the valet took our car and unloaded our luggage. The check in process was a little slow, but nothing too frustrating. Once we arrived to our room we noticed every impeccable detail from the bedding through the bathroom. The bathroom was pretty large for a standard room also. Shortly after arriving in the room, there was a know at the door, and the bellhop was there with our luggage. He was EXTREMELY friendly and told us of some good places to go eat and sight see while in town. Overall, the service at this property is prompt and courteous, the rooms are a bit small (standard for New Orleans though), and the decor of the room is impeccable. I will definitely be staying at The Roosevelt in the future!!!!

1,439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Fabulous hotel. We stayed for Mardi Gras in a 2 queen room. Everything was fantastic starting with ease & friendliness of checkin to the excellent quality of the property. I love the high ceilings & large rooms. You can really tell this hotel cares about the details with the finishes. Turn down service was a fun touch and unexpected at Mardi Gras due to the crowds and high occupancy. We had a very lovely experience & really liked the tv in the bathrooms and all the marble tiles. I love old details especially when in such a great city. I am so thankful they took the time to do such a stellar renovation. I am a historic preservationist & the details really do matter.
The only issue was the water was only warm, not hot. I did not report the issue as it really wasn't a big deal at all since we were just so happy to be there for Mardi Gras.
Thanks so much for making this one of my favorite trips. I go to New Orleans a lot & Mardi Gras is truly spectacular.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stay at Hilton brand hotels all the time for a reason, I love them. This hotel however does not live up to the hilton or waldorf standards. I just stayed in the Waldorf in NYC and it was amazing. The rooms were fabulous and the service was even better.

The people that work at this hotel must hate their jobs. I have received better service staying at a Hampton Inn and next time would prefer to stay there over this hotel. I could not even believe how rude and unaccomadating the employees were.

Room Tip: I would say not staying at this hotel would be the best room they have.
mahopac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Just spent a week there for mardi gras - it was perfect. rooms were larger than you would expect - they were very quiet - which i was surprised at considering all that was going on - the food was very good much better than the food poisoning i recieved last year at the palm spring hilton.

I was in tower 2 which did seem a better choice than tower 1.

Room Tip: supposedly tower 2 is better than 1 but I am not certain
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I just got back from a week in New Orleans at the Roosevelt, and while I expected it to be amazing, it was even better than I had expected.

The hotel was gorgeous, I really can't say enough about the lobby - the pictures probably don't even do it justice. We had a king suite which had a main bedroom, a huge bathroom, walk in closet, powder room and living room with a pull out couch, more space then we could ever need need and very nicely decorated. Also it was honestly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on.

Housekeeping and turndown service always made sure to keep everything neat and tidy and along with chocolates on the pillows there were cute little cards with tomorrow weather and a little quote which was, for me, a really nice touch. I'm a fan of the the little extras, they seem to make the stay a little more special. One extra nice touch was a little package of pralines and a note saying happy mardi gras and thanking us for staying at the Roosevelt, we loved that.

The hotel itself is perfectly located, just on the other side of canal street from the french quarter. Far enough from the noise but a super easy walk if you want to get in on the action. Seeing all the parades was no problem because they all went down canal which was literally just steps away.

We did take the time to eat at both Teddy's cafe and the Dominica during our stay, both were excellent. Teddy's had quick bites, mostly sandwiches or bagels, we liked to stop for a quick breakfast on busy days and check our email on the free wifi. Also they did make one of the very best lattes I've ever had. The Dominica gets a mixed review. I LOVED it, the fresh ricotta and the Gorgonzola pizza were amazing, my brother thought his clams pizza was just ok. Still, I would for sure go back.

And as far as staff go I did not meet a single unfriendly or unhelpful person the whole time I was there. Reception provided assistance, directions, maps and tips on where to spend time. The housekeeping staff were lovely, always trying to make sure they didn't get in our way while still keeping everything up to incredibly high standards. The doormen, security and everyone else, all were wonderful, gracious and welcoming. They really made our stay.

If I had to find a con it was the in room wifi, it didn't really work well. It would be lightning fast for a few minutes and then slow to a crawl. Often I couldn't get connected. They did offer a plug in for the internet but alas I had brought my tablet and it wasn't an option. However I did call down about the issue and no internet charges seemed to show up on my bill. Add that to the free wifi in the lobby and cafe and it really wasn't a big deal at all. Oh, and did I mention you get to print your boarding passes for free in the the business centre?

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in NOLA anytime of the year. I know that this is where I'll be staying when I return :)

Room Tip: The king suite is worth the little extra money
SJ, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Selected Hotel Roosevelt for our brief stay in New Orleans prior to embarking on a cruise out of the Port. I knew we chose wisely when greeted by the Hotel staff indicating that we could find Registration at the "third chandelier to the right". I wanted to experience historic New Orleans and this was all of that with so much luxury tossed in that we felt truly pampered. The Sazerac Bar, credited with creating this first American cocktail, was eye candy and the drink lived up to its reputation. We lucked out with a 12th floor room, so luxurious (this is a Waldorf Astoria property after all) with amenities from soft throws on the bed to an umbrella in the closet - which was a lifesaver. Staff from patisserie (more eye candy that can be consumed), to breakfast, to gift shop could not have been more helpful and representative of southern hospitablity. It was a splurge that truly felt like one. Luckily, the pool was not in season as I now have an excuse to return.

Room Tip: We are regular Hilton Honors travelers, and this paid off with an upgraded room not to mention a com...
cedar mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I agree with all the reviews about the gorgeous lobby and furnishings. the restoration was very well done. The only issue i had was with the bathroom- it's tiny - no surprise there- but why have a tv in a tiny bathroom when a makeup mirror would have been a more obvious choice. you couldn't watch a tv in there! The squeaking bathroom door had to be propped open for ventilation - no fan- to be able to breathe in there.Coffee makers in the room would be a great addition. The furniture and decor are just what you'd expect in a luxury hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel? Share your experiences!