“Worst Customer Service!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel to your Saves list
The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Roosevelt Way, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Last days: 20% off Dining
Ranked #7 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
“Worst Customer Service!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stay at Hilton brand hotels all the time for a reason, I love them. This hotel however does not live up to the hilton or waldorf standards. I just stayed in the Waldorf in NYC and it was amazing. The rooms were fabulous and the service was even better.

The people that work at this hotel must hate their jobs. I have received better service staying at a Hampton Inn and next time would prefer to stay there over this hotel. I could not even believe how rude and unaccomadating the employees were.

Room Tip: I would say not staying at this hotel would be the best room they have.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

1,621 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
mahopac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Just spent a week there for mardi gras - it was perfect. rooms were larger than you would expect - they were very quiet - which i was surprised at considering all that was going on - the food was very good much better than the food poisoning i recieved last year at the palm spring hilton.

I was in tower 2 which did seem a better choice than tower 1.

Room Tip: supposedly tower 2 is better than 1 but I am not certain
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I just got back from a week in New Orleans at the Roosevelt, and while I expected it to be amazing, it was even better than I had expected.

The hotel was gorgeous, I really can't say enough about the lobby - the pictures probably don't even do it justice. We had a king suite which had a main bedroom, a huge bathroom, walk in closet, powder room and living room with a pull out couch, more space then we could ever need need and very nicely decorated. Also it was honestly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on.

Housekeeping and turndown service always made sure to keep everything neat and tidy and along with chocolates on the pillows there were cute little cards with tomorrow weather and a little quote which was, for me, a really nice touch. I'm a fan of the the little extras, they seem to make the stay a little more special. One extra nice touch was a little package of pralines and a note saying happy mardi gras and thanking us for staying at the Roosevelt, we loved that.

The hotel itself is perfectly located, just on the other side of canal street from the french quarter. Far enough from the noise but a super easy walk if you want to get in on the action. Seeing all the parades was no problem because they all went down canal which was literally just steps away.

We did take the time to eat at both Teddy's cafe and the Dominica during our stay, both were excellent. Teddy's had quick bites, mostly sandwiches or bagels, we liked to stop for a quick breakfast on busy days and check our email on the free wifi. Also they did make one of the very best lattes I've ever had. The Dominica gets a mixed review. I LOVED it, the fresh ricotta and the Gorgonzola pizza were amazing, my brother thought his clams pizza was just ok. Still, I would for sure go back.

And as far as staff go I did not meet a single unfriendly or unhelpful person the whole time I was there. Reception provided assistance, directions, maps and tips on where to spend time. The housekeeping staff were lovely, always trying to make sure they didn't get in our way while still keeping everything up to incredibly high standards. The doormen, security and everyone else, all were wonderful, gracious and welcoming. They really made our stay.

If I had to find a con it was the in room wifi, it didn't really work well. It would be lightning fast for a few minutes and then slow to a crawl. Often I couldn't get connected. They did offer a plug in for the internet but alas I had brought my tablet and it wasn't an option. However I did call down about the issue and no internet charges seemed to show up on my bill. Add that to the free wifi in the lobby and cafe and it really wasn't a big deal at all. Oh, and did I mention you get to print your boarding passes for free in the the business centre?

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in NOLA anytime of the year. I know that this is where I'll be staying when I return :)

Room Tip: The king suite is worth the little extra money
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
SJ, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Selected Hotel Roosevelt for our brief stay in New Orleans prior to embarking on a cruise out of the Port. I knew we chose wisely when greeted by the Hotel staff indicating that we could find Registration at the "third chandelier to the right". I wanted to experience historic New Orleans and this was all of that with so much luxury tossed in that we felt truly pampered. The Sazerac Bar, credited with creating this first American cocktail, was eye candy and the drink lived up to its reputation. We lucked out with a 12th floor room, so luxurious (this is a Waldorf Astoria property after all) with amenities from soft throws on the bed to an umbrella in the closet - which was a lifesaver. Staff from patisserie (more eye candy that can be consumed), to breakfast, to gift shop could not have been more helpful and representative of southern hospitablity. It was a splurge that truly felt like one. Luckily, the pool was not in season as I now have an excuse to return.

Room Tip: We are regular Hilton Honors travelers, and this paid off with an upgraded room not to mention a com...
cedar mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I agree with all the reviews about the gorgeous lobby and furnishings. the restoration was very well done. The only issue i had was with the bathroom- it's tiny - no surprise there- but why have a tv in a tiny bathroom when a makeup mirror would have been a more obvious choice. you couldn't watch a tv in there! The squeaking bathroom door had to be propped open for ventilation - no fan- to be able to breathe in there.Coffee makers in the room would be a great addition. The furniture and decor are just what you'd expect in a luxury hotel.

Jackson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Oh, my, what a gorgeous property. We stayed Feb. 11 for Mardi Gras and from the time we pulled up to the time we checked out, we were treated as first class people. I can't say enough about everything. Many places you go to just one or two people stand out but everyone was so nice and professional. We got a basic room with my government rate and it seemed as if it was a superior room. There were: robes, slippers, marble floor in bathroom with a TV, tall ceilings and windows, minibar and a docking station for an I pod or mp3 player. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable. The gym is bigger than most and has fruits and water. They even offer an I pod and headphone while working out. The only issues that we had were that we could not get the room as cold enough as we like it and that I did not go to the spa. It's very pricey. Most spa visits will be $140 + for basic services. This hotel is a short walk to Bourbon Street. The Roosevelt is now one of my favorite hotels to stay at.

Room Tip: Book through their website because they offer different type of rates.
jacko_jackson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Apparently New Orleans is making a nice comeback because all the hotels were pretty expensive for the weekend (Feb. 11). Roosevelt was worth the few extra it cost over other places. It's in a great location, has great service, and most importantly, it still maintains its unique Waldorf charm. Thinking back on it now, it's an easy choice for a very nice, reliable stay in New Orleans and we are very likely to stay there again. The rooms were pretty updated, big, clean, and fairly quiet. The shower was a bit funky to turn on but clean and good hot water. Also there's a flatscreen in every bathroom I think which is a great move - I wish it was mandatory in all hotels now. I've walked through the place several times but never stayed there. The lobby has one of the better spaces to lounge around before hitting up the rest of the city. I hear the spa is insane and one-of-a-kind but we didn't make time to go there. Until next time.

Also, we arrived a bit late around 9 p.m. and had a Best of Waldorf credit that gives you some money towards hotel expenses, but when we checked in we found out that you have to spend each amount per day, or it doesn't carry over to the next day. We were then also told we use it anywhere but Domencia, where we were eating that night. No worries, we ordered a bottle of champagne to the room for like 40 bucks (reasonably priced I thought for most part) and it got there in almost 10 minutes (and chilled). Domenica was great and then hit up Sazarac (sp? that right) bar for some real old school New Orleans drinks.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel? Share your experiences!