“Gorgeous Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

You added The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel to your Saves list
The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Roosevelt Way, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best of Waldorf Credit
Ranked #7 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Austin, Texas
“Gorgeous Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I just love The Roosevelt. The staff was very warm and accomodating, it is in a great location, and the renovations they have done are simply stunning. The lobby is grand and the furniture in the guest rooms are so unique. Every detail has been taken into consideration. The location is great because it takes you less than 2 minutes to walk to the Quarter, but you don't get all the noise and crowds. The Spa is lovely...had a wonderful pedicure and massage. And I also loved the Sazerac Bar....the drinks won't disappoint. If you are looking to stay in a unique hotel that will give you the flavor of New Orleans, stay here.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
TheRoosevelt, Front Office Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Dear caratex,

Thank you for your kind review. We feel the hotel is in a premier location for all to enjoy thier stay whether it be business or leisure. The Roosevelt's amenities including the Guerlain Spa and Szerac Bar are just the cherry on top of a beautiful hotel where all can enjoy. The Roosevelt's team take a great deal of pride knowing that you have taken the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay. We look forward to seeing again in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

Great hotel, beautiful rooms and bathroom. Clean, comfy beds. Excellent location. we arrived early so until our room became available bellman took bags so that we are able to leave and come back. Minor issues with tv not working properly but hotel personnel did attempt to fix before our departure. All inall, great stay and have already booked next stay this month!

• Stayed June 2011
Nikki1522 : Thank you so much for the great review! We are more than thrilled that you are also returning to stay so soon. We look forward to your return visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything that we may assist with.

Best,
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Hotelnis great. Very beautiful. Had a spacious king suite, with 2 bathrooms. Bed very comfortable. I never did figure out the 4 head shower, but enjoyed it. The only reason I say " not perfect" is the service.

I ordered a hamburger at 9:50 pm and it took over An hour to get the food - after I called twice.

Also, the maid service was very late in the day, as I was getting ready for evening activites. I had no wash rags for 2 days and asked the maid several times to bring them, which they didn't do.

Finally, I asked the concierge for a lunch reservation an he told me the restaurant was closed that week. Later that day, I walked by the particular restaurant an it wasn't closed. A concierge at this level of hotel should know better.

I would stay again, but be on top of any service requests.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear angbin,

Thank you very much for visiting Trip Advisor and letting us know about your stay. We strive to exceed all expectations and if we come up short of that goal, we certainly appreciate knowing where we can improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay with us.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

From the moment you arrive you are welcomed in a warm and friendly manner, the check in process could not be any faster and how about getting an upgraded room just by asking. What a room in deed! One of the great things about old beautiful buildings is that the rooms tend to have very high ceilings and thick walls. The furnishings were exquisite! No expense was spared to help make us comfortable as everything was top of the line! The only thing I missed was having a tub but the great multiple head (four) shower was very nice! They must only hire the best people because the level of friendly, attentive and professionalism is much higher than any I have encountered across the country! The quality of all of the food including room service was very good but the creme de la creme is the Dominica restaurant!!!! If you want to make your spouse feel special bring them to The Roosevelt it will be a treat for gothic you!!!

Room Tip: Just ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
ConstantT... Being in such a beautiful hotel and having the best guests makes it easy for the team here at The Roosevelt to delivery such a high level of service. We strive to exceed at all levels. And its true that our guests dinning options are also some of the best around. Whether it be the Sazerac Bar/Restaurant, Teddy's Cafe, or Domenica. Once you have stepped inside, you really do not need to leave. Thanks so much and look forward to seeing you again.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011 via mobile

Great place, nothing like the hotels of yesteryear! The Roosevelt has the grandeur and elegance of old matched with modern amenities of luxury and convenience. Plus, the hotel staff was polite, courteous, and helpful.

My only complaint was either my neighbors in the adjoining room were extremely loud or the walls were thin. Nonetheless, it was short lived and didn't kill by buzz (i.e., ruin my experience).

• Stayed August 2011
Atlantis1... Thanks so much for posting! The team loves to hear when our guests remember their experience and take the time to write about it. Sorry to hear that your neighbors were a bit unruly, but we are glad that you were still able to enjoy your stay. The security team takes great pride in maintaining a quiet and comfortable atmosphere for all guests to enjoy themselves.
Thanks again, and we look forward to your next visit.

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I've never stayed at a Waldorf Astoria property, let alone the Roosevelt, prior to this trip. The hotel was hosting a convention that I was attending. I will be the first to admit that I don't typically stay in this level of hotel, and we had a great rate through the convention.

From the valet to the bellman to the clerk who checked me in, everything was great on arrival. When I walked in the room, it was even better. The room was immaculate. While the view wasn't great (some have mentioned this with low floors in the first tower), everything else was nice. I've honestly never seen so many different shower heads in a hotel bathroom. The only issue there was getting used to bending down to step into the shower. I figured this out after bumping my head pretty good - twice - on the metal piece.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The wake-up call was on timeand from an actual human being, rather than a recording.

If there were any negatives, and these are a minor, I would think they could have a better selection of television channels. I'd also think they could eliminate issues folks have with their mini-bars (mentioned by some reviews below). When I was checking out, two guys ahead of me in line were disputing mini-bar charges as well. I never even opened the door to mine in three days, and nothing was on my bill.

I have to admit I doubt I'll stay here again unless it's for business, simply because it's out of my usual price range. But for folks comfortable with their rates, I doubt there's a nicer place in New Orleans to stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
RW_Adair: Thank you very much for returning and posting about your recent trip to New Orleans and your stay at The Roosevelt. We are delighted that through your convention you were able to experience all we have to offer. The team here pride themselves in their service delivery and the beautiful amenities available to our guests. We hope that this will not be a once in a lifetime experience for you and that we will see you again in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We had a great time at the Roosevelt. This was our anniversary trip and we were upgraded to a king suite as HH members. Beautiful furniture, generous marble, very comfortable bedding with European-size pillows. Some very nice touches such as a superior stereo with iPod docking station and 2 pairs of nice slippers. The gift shop located in the lobby is much more than a traditional gift shop: you can find virtually anything you would have forgotten to pack, with room for local products and unusual brand of toiletries that made it a pleasure to browse through the store. The service was more than satisfactory and very friendly. Drinks were charged in error even though we had used a coupon received at check in, and they were immediately removed from folio once reported. It was a real treat to be in a gorgeous historical setting without the pretentiousness that often accompanies these upscale properties.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
TheRoosevelt, Front Office Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Chaledou: Congratulations on your recent anniversary! Thank you so much for allowing The Roosevelt to be a part of this special occasion and for coming back to TripAdvisor and letting us know about your stay. The team prides themselves in giving a service that exceeds all expectations. The hotel's amenitites including the Emporium gift shop are wonderful features and we are glad that you were able to experience all The Roosevelt has to offer. We look forward to your next visit, thank you.

Been to The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel? Share your experiences!