“An oasis in the hectic French Quarter!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dauphine Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Dauphine Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Dauphine Orleans Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   415 Dauphine Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% off our best rates!
Ranked #25 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Ridgewood, New York
“An oasis in the hectic French Quarter!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

The BF and I went for a 5-day vacation in New Orleans and we opted to stay at the Dauphine Orleans not only because we got a terrific deal on Priceline, but also because the website made it look divine.

We got a room on the 4th floor overlooking past the rooftops and a slight view of the center courtyard with the pool. The room itself was clean, fresh, and modern. The bathroom was huge and the bed was comfortable (Tempurpedic baby!). Our room got straightened up on a daily basis - our beds were made and fresh towels/toiletries were always awaiting us when we got back to our rooms.

The hotel itself is in a quiet section of the French Quarter. Although it's very close to Bourbon St, you won't find the bratty frat guys here! It's the perfect walking distance to everything you would want to see. There's a grocery store 1/2 a block away with a .99 cent ATM fee, along with snacks, liquor, and other useful items. There is also a 24-hour diner a couple of steps away from the front hotel entrance.

The bar that is connected to the hotel, May Baileys, has a decent selection of booze and the bartenders (especially Lisa!!) are just awesome! Here is where I got many recommendations from locals, that did not disappoint! You can grab your drink and sit out in the courtyard by the pool (the only place where smoking is allowed in the hotel besides the bar). The pool itself is on the small side but perfect for a quick dip to help you recover from your morning hang over. Fresh towels are always available.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again, next time making sure to get one of the super fancy suites with a balcony. Excellent decor, cheap prices, great location and a super friendly staff!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

1,266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

We checked out of a slightly higher level hotel because I simply couldn't make a decision ! I booked 4 days in each. I booked months in advance for this hotel and got a great rate. In my opinion, a bargain. Location fabulous... SO CLOSE to the crazy action on Bourbon street, with NONE of the noise ! Explain that to me. How is is that I don't hear that craziness !
amazing. Ok, ice machiens on every floor. wonderful. Bedding? outrageous.( memory foam transports me.) I have a two double - bedded room for two. great a/c ..friendly staff. saltwater pool...tiny but friendly. On premises bar that I did not hit yet.. but the breakfast? waffles, yogurt, bagels, cereal,coffee/jice/fruit.. just FINE . Flat screen t.v., very little furniture and drawers true.. but marble and upscale bathroom make this place a winner. Hallways nice...onsite parking at a price.. Free good high speed internet in room... tiny fitness room...I'd come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2010
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Average hotel, not worth the price. Stayed in a double room. No furniture to place cloths, no closet space, small bathroom. For the money I would have rather stay somewhere else. I don't suggest place.

• Stayed July 2010
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Just returned after spending 4 nights at the Dauphine Orleans Hotel last week. What a pleasant stay!

If you are looking for a hotel in the French Quarter this hotel is extremely well located. You are one block off Bourbon Street and in essence can walk within 15 minutes to any key point in that part of the city you wish.

There are two sides to the hotel - the Courtyard and the Inn side. The Courtyard side is across the street and the doors to the rooms open to the outside like a motel. However the courtyard is very secure, with keycard entry, and each room has charming french doors.

The room was well appointed with a wonderful king bed. I travel quite a bit and would say its one of the most comfortable beds I have slept on. The room had a 20 foot vault ceiling with exposed beams and brick. I thought it was pretty cool. Room had a nice flat screen TV on the wall. The bathroom is well appointed but its worth noting the wash basin and mirror are part of the bedroom. I tend to not like those set-ups but it somehow worked for us. The frig was very handy for some drinks and snacks we bought nearby.

We did try the continental breakfast once and it was fine, if not crowded. Just has the basics - bagels, fruit, juices, milk, and a waffle maker. They did it in the area that doubles as a bar at night.

While we did not use it, there is a small but rather nice looking saltwater pool with lounge chairs. I regretted not using it as again, its seemed quite nice. Also, having the free wifi in the room was nice, as I had brought my laptop.

I should mention there is a wonderful restaurant next door called Bayona.

The caveat of my review is this. Again, I stayed on the Courtyard side. I do believe the rooms are different on the Inn side and I believe the reviews are correct: some rooms are directly over the parking garage and I would perceive that you would want to avoid the 2nd floor rooms, if you can. However, I do not know this from any experience.

Overall, I would highly recommend Dauphine Orleans Hotel. It's comfortable, easy, and well located. Despite being one block from Bourbon Street it was VERY quiet. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

My friends and I stayed here during a ladies weekend vacation and had a GREAT time! If you are looking for a high end hotel with every amenity possible, then do not stay here! However, if you are looking for New Orleans charm, with atmosphere, basic amenities and value, then this is the place for you. I am not sure what all of the bad reviews are about! The continental breakfast included yogurt, pastries, waffles, juice and coffee (what was expected), the rooms were nicely sized for 3 of us (how much time do you spend in the room on vacation anyway), the hotel is the perfect distance from Bourbon street, it is a few blocks from the streetcar stops and within walking distance to everything we wanted to do. If we did want a cab, the hotel staff was there to assist at anytime. We had an incredible time and will definitely return to this hotel the next time we visit New Orleans!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Four of us stayed two nights at the Dauphine Orleans Hotel and Had three Rooms booked. The stay was one of my best ever. The location is perfect just a block or so from Bourbon St. The Rooms were very clean and well appointed. The beds had to be the most comfortable I have slept in anywhere. The linens and towels were all 1st Quality. The Pool was very nice and was a nice break from the heat of the day. The Bar had lots of local color and fun visitors. The Staff could not have been nicer and provided everything we asked for or needed.
I travel for business and this is one truly outstanding hotel and just the right size. I will make many repeat trips to the Dauphine Orleans. Hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Hillsborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Loved the front desk people. They gave great dining recommendations and helpful sightseeing tips. Really went out of their way to make it a special stay for us.

We qualified for the "Spring Fling" special rate (Mon-Thurs), which included parking and continental (with waffles!) breakfast. That made it sooo affordable! It also meant that our room was small without a balcony, but that's okay--we were on a budget. The hotel was clean, pretty and quiet, and the bed was comfortable.

Location--perfect! Right in the French Quarter, yet quiet -- one block away from the noise of Bourbon street. Only a short walk to the St. Charles Street trolley stop or to the river. And we walked all over the French Quarter and left the car in the garage.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Dauphine Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!