“Very nice hotel with balcony” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dauphine Orleans Hotel

You added Dauphine Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Dauphine Orleans Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   415 Dauphine Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
10% Off & Free Breakfast
Ranked #34 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Memphis, TN
“Very nice hotel with balcony”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

The double room with balcony facing Dauphine was nice. There were 3 patio chairs on the balcony. The street traffic was a little noisy but to be expected with balcony rooms. We have stayed all over the quarter and garden district and I would rate this an A- nice. The room was very clean and the bathroom was very small. Our room had a fridge so that was nice. Never ate the breakfast we ate out. Very nice restaurant on Conti towards bourbon that had b/l/d very inexpensive . It was german, the Jagerhause and it had the best inexpensive breakfast, and a great hamburger- cheap for lunch so after spending $$$ on dinner it was a nice break. Dejavue bar and grill is on the corner of Conti so we ate there- food was very good & cheap but it is a smoking bar and everyone has to be over 21 so we only ate there once due to the smoke. You will find most all bars in New Orleans are smoking bars so be prepared. We go down at least once a month and try to stay at different places every 3 months or so. I always read the reviews before I go. so I am trying to detail what I look for. You just have to remember that everything in the quarter is old and it is noisy. I always take my sound machine and a couple glasses of wine tend to lessen the noise. If you want an inexpensive but nice balcony hotel then this is it. The balcony hotels on Bourbon tend to be not so nice and very expensive and extremely noisy. Remember a lot of kids destroy those rooms during mardi gras. So when I find very clean and not torn up balcony room- it rates high...weare older so like to drink on the balcony after dinner.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Hebrew first
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed at the Duaphine for two days prior to boarding our cruise. After reading some of the negative reviews, I was a little nervous about my hotel choice since I was responsible for three other couples that were staying here with us. It turned out to be a fantastic weekend. The rooms were spacious, clean and adequately air-conditioned, even during the August heat. The Tempur-Pedic beds were awesome and I can't remember the last time I slept so well. Our room was right over the garage yet we never heard heard a sound from the carport though I must admit, I am a sound sleeper. The free continental breakfast was a nice touch and a great way to start off the day without having to search out a restaurant before beginning the day's excursions. Two thumbs up the the Dauphine for making our stay in New Orleans a pleasant one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
DauphineOrleans, Director of Sales at Dauphine Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you so much for giving us a chance. I am so happy that you experience the Dauphine Orleans as we intend. We hope you had a wonderful cruise and look forward to your return to New Orleans and the Dauphine Orleans!
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in New Orleans as part of our road trip and was recommended the Dauphine Orleans. It did live up to expectations and offered good value for money. The staff were helpful and friendly. The only small annoyances were that they did charge me more for parking than I had been informed and only offered me a phone number to query this, which would probably cost more than the charge (on my mobile telephone or from the UK on return). The bottled water in the room was $2.50 a bottle(500ml) which seems outrageous for a hotel as we stayed in tiny B&Bs that were giving it away. Overall it is a good choice for all the attractions New Orleans has to offer.

Room Tip: we had abalcony room which was nice but not needed out of season, some of the courtyard rooms looked...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

1st off let me say we would stay here again. They have on site parking which is nice but it is limited and it's $30 per day plus tax. ($33.60 a day). Our room (201) was nice. It only had a full size bed. (Can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel with a full size bad), and the room was a little noisy (balcony doors don't close tight, and over looked the motor court). It has a nice little pool with seating around. The bar (an old bordello) is very nice. It is on Dauphine St which is 1 block away from Bourbon St. That helps it be a little quieter but it is still easy to enjoy the night life.

Room Tip: We got a great deal through Hotwire.com (It was a blind buy)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I invite you to call me directly next time you book and we will be happy to get you in one of our Deluxe or Premium Kings!

Best,
Dawn
dawn.ledet@ihrco.com
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed here last week for my birthday. Our room was in the Herman house across the road from the main building and it was quiet and comfortable. Great beds and a nice little room that opened out onto the courtyard. It has a hot tub that we used and was very clean and tidy. The service staff who cleaned the room were great as was the guy who valet parked our car. My only criticism is of the front desk staff who 'welcomed us'. You guy who was rude and ineffectual. Luckily we didn't see him again!

• Stayed August 2011
Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My friend and I stayed 5 nights, reserved through bookit.com
The beds are phenomenal! They are Tempur-pedic beds, I've never sleep so soundly and woke up with no back pain. I promptly received the fridge requested and was pleased to see it wasn't a tiny dorm fridge. Rooms were clean, quiet, and pest-free! The staff was very friendly, car park evening employees most helpful on where to go.
This hotel is one block above Bourbon, so you won't hear all that noise. I feel it's a great location for a variety of things to do in the quarter.
Will definitely stay here again!
(P.S. I used to work front desk at hotels, this is a comfortable and great place to stay in the quarter)

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room ask nicely! Was given top floor, facing the street.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My family stayed here 2 nights mid-week and had a great stay at a great price. Our room had a balcony overlooking Dauphine St, but was still quiet at night (note that our visit was during a slow tourist time, and I'm sure the noise varies quite a bit depending on time of year). They offer a nice continental breakfast in the morning and 2 complimentary drink coupons upon check-in. The hotel is older, so the rooms and bathroom are a little small. However the great location in the French Quarter more than made up for those shortcomings. The hotel staff was kind enough to extend our check-out time a bit on our final day which we really appreciated. We would definitely stay at the Dauphine again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family