“Very Quaint, Excellent Customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Cornstalk Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   915 Royal St., New Orleans, LA 70116   |
Ranked #12 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
San Diego, California
“Very Quaint, Excellent Customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Cornstalk Hotel and loved it. They actually are on hotels tonight.com! If you're not hip to the app. Download it! You get $ credits for referring friends and family. The staff was awesome, The vibe was very sweet. My only request would be that there was a small refrigerator to keep cold drinks and little snacks. The front desk did give us coffee vouchers for coffee/espresso in the morning front he coffee house on the corner.. which was very nice! I would stay there again anytime. Much fun!!! Super nice staff!!! Thank you Christina and Suzy!!

Room Tip: Depends on your needs. My room was large, shared with my daughter it was great!!! Comfy, clean!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
jannah915, Manager at Cornstalk Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Hello Diana R,

It was such a pleasure having you and your daughter stay with us! We hope you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you. I’m so happy to hear that you liked our awesome staff and our sweet vibe. We’ll definitely take your suggestion about the refrigerator into consideration. Hope to see you again soon!

Until next time,
The Cornstalk Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Loved every thing about this hotel!! Beautiful rooms with small bathrooms. It was good enough for Elvis! We were given free coffee coupons at CC's down the street. Parking was $35 a day for valet or you could park in a garage for$20ish a day. The staff will go out of their way to help you and they are so friendly!! I would say this hotel(Victorian) is geared for couples.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello HudsynTodd,

When Elvis gives his approval for a hotel you know it’s going to be great! I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff friendly and accommodating. Our number one goal is to make sure all of our guests are satisfied and comfortable and I’m delighted to hear that we achieved that goal with you.

No doubt about it, as a romantic Victorian hotel we do see a fair share of couples. But we’re always more than happy to host everyone from business travelers to girls weekends to family reunions and more!

Best regards,
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

What a beautiful hotel! The rooms are beautiful, the beds so comfy! Turn down service every night with delicious chocolate chip cookies. The staff was the best at any hotel I have ever stayed at. The location is perfect Bourbon street one street away. Everything is within walking distance right in the middle of the French Quarter. Thank you for a great weekend!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello WJL62,

On behalf of all the Cornstalk Staff, thank you for choosing our hotel and for writing such a wonderful review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I’m thrilled that you were so impressed by our staff. Don’t stay away too long; we have many more chocolate chip cookies awaiting your return!

Take care,
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed here for 4 days during 4th of july weekend with my friends. It was so close to bourbon street and within walking distance of canal street and decatur street. The staff was great and i enjoyed the cookies left after housekeeping cleaned the room. They provided free botttled water and more water upon request. We enjoyed the essence festival with the many events and of course bourbon street. I would recommend staying at this hotel because you won't be disappointed. The only thing that hotel can fix is the amount of hot water in the shower that would be my only complaint about my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Millbrae, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at. I've always been one to stay at newer, modern hotels, but the Cornstalk was a major surprise. It has a ton of charm and feels like you're staying at a family mansion. The location is amazing-- just a short walk to Bourbon if you're into the party scene, right on Royal St. if you like the cute little shops, and nestled away from the street so you can get to sleep after an all night party. Each room is a little bit different, and I think it's worth it to spend a little more money to get one of the best in the house. For the first two nights we stayed in room #14, which was really nice, but very small. The last two nights we stayed in room #8, which I think is the nicest in the hotel. It has a massive king bed and you're right in front off of the main balcony. It's a huge room and well worth the extra money.

Now onto the best part of our stay-- the staff! Every single employee was pleasant and beyond helpful. They helped us book our tours and gave us some great pointers on where to eat. They even shared some of their ghost stories with us. By far the best hotel staff I've ever come into contact with!

In conclusion, next time I visit NOLA, I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else. Thank you Cornstalk!

Room Tip: Room #8 is beautiful and Room #14 is a little haunted =)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

It said charming and that's always a dangerous statement, but it was just that. Great location with a feel of old New Orleans. The hotel and people were great and yet you felt like you were stepping back in time. I would highly recommend this hotel and we look forward to staying there again when we go back.

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is like staying in your own mansion right in the middle of the French Quarter. The Corn Stalk Hotel is located closer to Esplanade than to Canal so this area is a lot quieter and closer to more of the boutique shopping. The best way to get to Bourbon street is 3 blocks down Royal to St Peter. We loved going in the St. Peter entrance to Pat O'Brians and exiting the Bourbon Street doors! We all had a blast all night and shopped all day!
Hotel staff is wonderful!

Room Tip: The room closest to the front door could hear people coming and going.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Cornstalk Hotel? Share your experiences!