“The Lovely Cornstalk” 4 of 5 stars

Call For Best Rate
Ranked #4 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
“The Lovely Cornstalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great location. This was our second time staying at the Cornstalk. Not many extras, but the staff makes up for that with great hospitality. Very helpful with directions and suggestions. We will definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Having lived and moved away from New Orleans, I can easily say staying at the Cornstalk was the perfect choice for a weekend getaway with the wife. Walking distance to everything in the quarter (from Bourbon to Frenchman St's), you experience all of New Orleans from this beautiful French style hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel is amazing. If you are all about the french quarter, this hotel is for you. It is within walking distance to everything. And if you need a break, you can walk back to the hotel and enjoy your drink on the awesome patio. Will definitely be coming back in the future!!!

Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Prior to Hurricane Katrina, I had been traveling at least once annually to New Orleans for about 10 years and never knew the Cornstalk B&B was an option until my most recent trip. This B&B is located in a fabulous location on Royal. Easy assess to all the galleries, and only one block from Bourbon Street and all the noise. The B&B was charming and the staff was fabulous. It was formerly a converted mansion which is a historical site on the horse-drawn carriage tours. I felt like I was living there and not just visiting. The staff was so completely welcoming and the rooms were so comfy. One staff member even loaned me a book that she had just finished reading which I read while I was there. Great quality for value, with lots of history thrown in. I highly recommend staying there and will definitely stay there again. I was traveling as a 55+ single female and I felt very safe while I was there. The taxi driver who the hotel arranged to take me to the airport even came inside to get my bags. Very personalized service. I am a very experienced traveler and this type of service is hard to find. They even brought me two homemade chocolate chip cookies with their turndown service which was a very pleasant surprise. Hard to find this type of service at their prices these days.

Room Tip: Since I was by myself, I stayed in one of their smallest and cheapest rooms which was plenty big eno...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the French Quarter room on a Wednesday to Friday in June. The room was beautiful and comfortable. I was concerned that there would be a lot of noise based on other reviews, but am happy to say that there really weren't any issues. The hotel staff was very helpful. Nice courtyard. Free waters and beverage coupons for use at CC's coffee house. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We loved this hotel. Our apartment rental a block away didn't work out because of a broken a/c unit. So, we booked this hotel through one of the "last minute deal" apps. As soon as we arrived at the front door, we loved it. It's a beautiful mansion that's been converted to a hotel. The staff was super friendly and very relaxed. Our rooms were great. We switched rooms the second night because they didn't have the same room available for both nights. It worked out for us, because the room on the second night was even better than the first. Lots of antique furnishings, decor, etc. It felt like we were sent back in time to a more peaceful, relaxing period. They provided free bottled water, free wifi. You're right on Royal Street, so all the cool galleries and restaurants are in walking distance. Next time we come to New Orleans, we'll definitely be looking to stay here.

Room Tip: First floor room was bigger than the second floor room, but you hear the hallway traffic more since...

Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We LOVED this hotel experience. I say experience b/c it was more then a place to stay. The charm was unmatched & the service was like staying w/a distant family member. My husband & I take our hotel stays very seriously. It should be as nice if not nicer then our own home. It's an old property so it has it's quirks like the room we stayed in was lovely, but I wish it had a bigger bed (a full for 2) but it was very compfortable, the water temp in the shower changing a couple of times & the TV was small but w/the location being perfectly in town (but not in the heart of the noise & chaos) we didn't watch TV. All in all not a deal breaker.

Room Tip: Ask about the size of the bed.