“One word says it all. Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&W Courtyards

We can't find prices for this accommodation
B&W Courtyards
You added B&W Courtyards to your Saves list
2425 Chartres Street, New Orleans, LA 70117 (Bywater)   |
Ranked #2 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sheridan, Wyoming
“One word says it all. Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

From the initial phone call through the checkout to go home Dana and Tom were fabulous. There is so much more to say than what i can write. Very knowledgeable and friendly, courteous and professional. In love with B and W courtyards and the fine city of New Orleans. The location is perfect as you are walking distance to anything in the Quarter. Listening to Tom as where to go and what to see in the city turned a good trip into a fantastic trip. The accommodations were cozy and tidy, the atmosphere was peaceful and laid back. You will never find better people than Mr and Mrs Tom Stoner. Looking forward to staying there on my return trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kerrville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I had to book a last minute trip as I needed to drive from Texas to Alabama, then turn around and come right back. I wanted to stay in New Orleans over night on my way back and didn't realize it was going to be Memorial Day weekend. I looked everywhere for a hotel room or VRBO but found nothing or everything was a 2 night minimum. I found this place and saw that they had 1 night available and contacted the owner (Tom) he told me that he would let me rent the room he had available for 1 night (which was the Courtyard room). I'm so glad it worked out as this place was very close to the French Quarter so we just hopped on the trolley at the French Market and rode it down to Harrah's Casino then made our way back as far as we could, then took a taxi ride from about Ursaline back to room and I think that cost us $5.50. It was a great location. Tom & Dana were fabulous and treat you like they've known you forever. Breakfast was great, koi pond was cool, Very easy to get in and out, parking wasn't really an issue but could be depending on when you go. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept on in a while. I would not recommend the Courtyard room for any large people as the shower and toilet were built into old closets and are quite small, they do disclose this on their site but, for us it was perfect. I will be back for sure! I would say this place is more for couples or people with older children.

Room Tip: The Courtyard room is towards the front and is right next to the breakfast area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Snellville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

B&W Courtyards was a really fantastic place to stay for our quick trip to NOLA to see our niece graduate from Tulane. It was so convenient to the French Quarter and the music clubs on Frenchman's St (easy 10 min walk). The breakfast was very nice and our hosts were delightful. We will definitely stay again on our next trip to the Big Easy.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had a lovely week in NOLA with the B & W Courtyard as our home base. Incredibly comfortable beds, wonderful breakfasts, and very helpful and informtive hosts. Close to everything--a short walk to Frenchman Street, the Riverfront Streetcar and the French Quarter. The courtyards and hot tub are a great way to relax away from the bustle of the city. Thanks Tom and Dana!

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights the week before Easter and received many great tips from Tom and Dana, the hosts. Their style is laid back but very efficient, and they have great information to pass on regarding music, dining and local attractions. We have made our reservations for next year!

• Stayed April 2014
Auburn, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I recently traveled from Tampa to Dallas. We though it would be fun to stop over for a few days in New Orleans to break up the trip. After searching through Tripadvisor reviews we decided to stay at the B and W Courtyard in Bywater. What a great decision! The creole compound was just beautiful and the small suite perfect for us. Tom and Dana couldn't have been nicer as well as generous with their information about the neighborhood, local restaurants, art galleries, and jazz clubs. Everything we wanted to experience was within easy walking distance. Should we ever go back to NOLA, and I hope we do, we will stay with them again. A great find.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was my first time in New Orleans, so I was particularly delighted to find B&W Courtyards. It's small, intimate, beautiful done, very comfortable, and quite well-run, right down to the very excellent breakfasts cooked up by Tom. The location is perfect: a short walk to the French Quarter, but far enough away so you're completely untouched by the tourists. A wonderful walking neighborhood. I very much look forward to staying here again soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in the front room, which had a newly renovated bathroom. Always nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to B&W Courtyards? Share your experiences!