“It felt like I was visiting friends! (I was, wasn't I?)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&W Courtyards

We can't find prices for this accommodation
B&W Courtyards
2425 Chartres Street, New Orleans, LA 70117 (Bywater)   |
Ranked #5 of 146 New Orleans B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
“It felt like I was visiting friends! (I was, wasn't I?)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I hate b&b's. always have. But I fear that my stay with Kevin and Rob has changed all that. The courtyards immediately felt like home away from home, thanks entirely to rob and Kevin's hospitality. The location is perfect, beds / rooms very comfortable... Breakfast was southern and delicious. (Kevin's biscuits!). What topped it off was Rob's New Orleans knowledge. His 'things to do in new Orleans' pretty much made our trip. I didn't think I'd enjoy my time in "Nola", but now I'm planning to come back ASAP.

• Stayed January 2013

403 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed there for our anniversary. I absolutely love the courtyard style of the property. It is very charming from the decor, the architecture and the garden. It's also a great location. Rob and Kevin and a delight and really know their city. We had tons of great recommendations from them which were all spot on. If we are in NOLA and they have a room available, that's where you'll find us!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I brought our families to the B&W Courtyards five years ago for our wedding and had the most memorable stay that we cannot help going back again and again. Rob and Kevin are wonderful and the location is superb especially if you enjoy walking. Stay at the B&W Courtyards, you won't regret it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
wolfonthehill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Whether you want to stay out til 330am on Bourbon Street... or spend an evening listening to jazz... or if you have no idea what to do in New Orleans... this is the place for you. A 10-minute walk from the heart of Bourbon Street, and 5 minutes from the best jazz clubs in the country. VERY quiet rooms... wonderful continental breakfast... and hosts that will plan your days for you, based on what you're looking to do.

A true New Orleans experience - and a wonderful one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Rob this review is long overview, we stayed with you in May along with our friends Sue and Adam. Your place is absolutely stunning, especially your wonderful gardens. Kevin your morning pastries were sublime, as were your fruit creations, breakfast was always delicious and always a work or art. Rob your repertoire was hilarious and made for a fun breakfast, that is, as long as we didn't interrupt or try to one up you. ;-) Your wonderful story telling was something we looked forward to every morning. The location is only a ten minute walk to the French Quarter and after an exhausting day sightseeing, your home was a welcome relief. My only regret is we didn't spend more time relaxing in the garden. You compliment each other so well. Rob thoughtfully sent us detailed information on New Orleans. Rob, loved your wicked irreverence, as Canadians we found it refreshing. My wife of course thought that Kevin was easy on the eyes. Don't you hate how women can objectify men. We cannot wait to return to NO, and when we do, we will only stay in one place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

B&W Courtyards and owners Rob and Kevin may just be the best welcome to the city of New Orleans. From the first greeting, we were made to feel like new friends as they shared their sanctuary of gardens, courtyards and cottages. The creativity and whimsy that is their enclave set us in the perfect mood to experience the people and places, food and music, and all that is New Orleans. The B&W is a great home base. It is within walking distance of local music venues on Frenchmen and on into the Quarter. Marigny and the neighboring Bywater district are themselves worth a walk-around, with new restaurants, renovated houses and glass/light design studio for the seeing. The B&W itself is charming, comfortable and filled with decorative touches that inspire, amuse and intrigue. We had the front cottage and it was perfect for us. In all the B&B's in Europe, we haven't seen a dual purpose shower and bidet (though somewhat high for a bidet ;-]) so convenient to the toilet. Intriguing, inspiring and amusing all in one. This description extends to Rob and Kevin as well. The artistry and taste of Kevin's breakfast preparations and Rob's shoes, jewelry and conversation all contributed to the in.. in.. am.. appeal of B&W. Rob made sure each day that you were ready to have the best experience of New Orleans, whether it be food, drink, music or places of interest, and clearly Rob and Kevin had first-hand knowledge of their recommendations (check out their FB page!). Lastly I would add that one of the great appeals of B&B's is the people you meet , and over the course of 4 days at B&W we met a number of engaging and interesting folks. I think the B&W attracts those kind of guests. Rob and Kevin provide a relaxed and fun environment that brings out the best in both newcomers and the numerous returnees at their table.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Faubourg, Owner at B&W Courtyards, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Blush! That is just the sweetest! Thank you so much!
XXOO!
Rob & Kevin
Milpitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

What can I say that everyone else hasn't? Oh yeah... don't forget to compliment Rob on his tiny a$$ (his words, not mine). I promised to get this into my review when we left last week. We just loved our time with them. I still think I should have called them on election night to make sure we got champagne with breakfast the next morning. Loved having the bottle of sherry on our nightstand for a wee nip before bedtime. Loved Kevin's creations at breakfast. Loved Rob's conversations over breakfast. Loved meeting people from different parts of the country. Loved being welcomed as if we were family. I think that about covers the love-fest at B & W. But Ed would have loved to be able to squeeze a chair in somewhere for reading. The window seat just wasn't quite comfy enough but this was minor compared to the other creature comforts. And DO LISTEN to Rob's recommendations for dining. You don't have to follow them but you should definitely take them into consideration given your budget. We opted for more moderately priced dining places and only one really let us down but that was our fault not Rob's. Love you guys! If you are ever in our neck of the woods, you definitely have a place to hang your hat!!

Room Tip: If you are in the Front Carriage House, make friends with the guests in the Back Carriage House as w...