“Beautiful place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Candymakers

Southern Candymakers
334 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)
800-344-9773
Dining options: Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Neighborhood: French Quarter
“Beautiful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Well my wife and I are not candy people but my wife said we need to go in so we went in and the place was nice the workers was nice specially Bruce he treated my wife so nice and after we brought everything he wanted to hug and gave my wife a kiss and she had a good feeling after so when you come to New Orleans you have to go to Southern candy makers in French Market the candy to die for really

• Visited September 2013

Birmingham, Alabama
“I go to Southern Candymakers every time I am in New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I always stop by Southern Candymakers when I am in New Orleans because I have to get at least a pound (sometimes two!) of original creamy pralines to take home to my mama. I think she might send me back if I didn't come back with pralines.

I stopped in with my best friend and when I started to get the pralines he started sampling other pralines and loved the sweet potato pralines. He ended up buying some original creamy and some sweet potato. They put a smile on his face.

Everyone there is friendly and happy to help. I wish every place was like that.

• Visited September 2013
Montgomery, Alabama
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

They have a great selection of candies and you can see the employees as they are spooning the pralines onto waxed paper to cool. They are delicious and fresh, although terribly expensive, with the pralines costing $22.95 per pound. They offer alot of unique candies and it's fun just seeing them all, the shop itself isn't fancy. I probably wouldn't return due to the cost. We found another shop on our way out of town that cost $6 less per pound and was just as tasty. The area has alot of tourism which is what most of the shops here are geared towards.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frisco
“Praline Sugar High!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I came, I conquered and left with a bag of sweet delectable pralines. The store is a candy lovers paradise. Wall to wall candy and the aromas are hypnotic. I tried several varieties and knew I was in candy paradise. I was surprised at the prices but it was worth every cent.

pa
“The best smell in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Walk by and the aroma will lure you in. The pralines were smooth and creamy but gave me an instant sugar shock. Too sweet for me but for those who enjoy this kind of thing, I could see why you would love this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere