“ok” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Candymakers

Southern Candymakers
334 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)
800-344-9773
Neighborhood: French Quarter
New Orleans, Louisiana
“ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've never been a big fan of candies but the praline and fudge here are awesome!
Don't over indulge lol...
I love the smell of the store once you walk in.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“The BEST pralines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

While in town, I wanted to compare some of the pralines. I tried these and just fell in love. Funny how you think they will all taste alike, but they don't. These were the best out of the 6 different ones I tried!!

Visited January 2013
Dayton Ohio
“Treat yourself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

When you're in the French Quarter, do yourself a favor and stop here for a treat. Terrific candies made fresh daily. Don't try to argue with me about whether these are the best pralines in NOLA - I have no idea. But I do know that the half-dozen sweet treats I've sampled here have all been excellent. Expensive? Yeah, probably - so just have a little bit! Worth every penny to me.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City
“Attention caramel lovers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've reviewed this establishment in the past & focused on their wonderful pralines. However, on my recent visit to the Quarter, I've tried their "salted caramel pecan tortues" for the first time & I have to say I'm now hooked on these fabulous confections too! Super rich buttery caramel loaded with lots & lots of pecans make this substantial treat a real winner. The friendly & accommodating staff helps make for a memorable shopping experience. Try stopping by on Sundays through Tuesdays, time permitting, to meet my favorite, Stephanie.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Preston, United Kingdom
“Praline? Different but worth a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I was excited about visiting this shop as i had read so many great thing about it on trip advisor and I LOVE PRALINES...

When we arrived we were greeted by the friendly staff and offered a free sample.

Praline? I was expecting a nutty chocolate (like gurlain) but instead we got a fudge based candy with pecans inside. It was tasty all the same and we left with a few different samples (three pieces and a soda for around $9).

For those of you also unsure of what a praline is, its more like fudge or scottish 'tablet'. There were various flavours included coconut and sweet potato. After a little while the candy did becoma quite sickly as it was very sweet but its definately worth a taste as its a traditional new orleans treat.