“parked across the street..why not” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Candymakers

Southern Candymakers
334 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)
800-344-9773
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 1,603 restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Neighborhood: French Quarter
lansing mi
“parked across the street..why not”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Leaving FQ I look over to see this little candy shop across the way. OK Pralines for the way home.Samples as soon as we entered... picked... bought... and ate. Priced 23.99 only bought a 1/4 but enjoyed..NICE!

Visited January 2013

92% Recommend
Brisbane, Australia
“Sweet yummy goodness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had never tried pralines, but kept seeing them in every tourist/gift store. Was told by a local and a tour guide to go to this place. They are made fresh everyday and the range is amazing! They are very more-ish and addictive. I bought home a large pack and needless to say, they did not last long at all. The staff are friendly and hand out samples while you stand in front of the LARGE display case trying to decide what naughty-ness to buy. I strongly suggest that you pay them a visit. They can vaccum pack the caramel sweeties for the trip home.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Evansville, Indiana
“The best tortues (turtles) ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had never had pralines, so I decided to give them a try. While they were too sweet for me, I've since found numerous other goodies to enjoy at Southern Candymakers. Of particular note are their tortues; the nuts taste fresh and are crunchy, the chocolate is rich, and the caramel just about melts in your mouth. I've brought home boxes for friends and family, and they all agree they are the best they've ever eaten. They also have some peanut butter and chocolate concoctions that are absolutely extreme! Love this place and visit it more than once on each trip.

Visited November 2012
New York
“Thank you Tripadvisor forum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went to Southern Candymakers, thanks to the suggestions on the Tripadvisor forum.

The pralines were amazing (loved the coconut), and I wish I had gotten more of the salted tortues. and thanks to the lovely lady behind the counter, I had the best toffee ever. I just had the last piece and I want to order more.

Look forward to return.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bay Village, Ohio
“Pecan pralines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Wow, amazing pralines!! You have to go here and try them! We bought some for ourselves and ate them while they were still warm. So good, wish we had some in Ohio. :(

Visited December 2012