“Horrible Service, Mediocre food” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo Trattoria - CLOSED

Leonardo Trattoria
709 Saint Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130-3713 (Central Business District)
504-558-8986
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Girod St
Transit: St. Charles streetcar line
Description: Leonardo Trattoria offers authentic Italian cuisine, Sicilian style.Boasting a prime location in the heart of New Orleans, along with a top notch staff and chef, Leonardo Trattoria is known for putting out the very best and most authentic Italian cuisine in all of New Orleans. Offering Sicilian-style lunch and dinner, wood fire oven pizza, incredible desserts like homemade cannoli, a relaxed and eclectic atmosphere with Italian mobster movies playing on the flat screen TVs, Leonardo Trattoria is an old favorite of both everyday locals and Mardi Gras tourists alike. It's a dining experience that one won't soon forget.
Grove City, Ohio
“Horrible Service, Mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

6pm on a Saturday, we were the only reservation. We were part of 5 total tables for dinner, while the restaurant next door was completely packed. We soon found out why. Service was slow, unattentive and non personable. Our Server spent more time on her cell phone at a back table than with any tables. The only staff was 2 servers and a middle aged man that must have been cooking. (Maybe the owner ?) The Servers did not seem to be enjoying their jobs, and we overheard them numerous times complaining about the man in the kitchen. Add insult to injury, the Server added 20% gratuity to our check, which she did not provide this type of service. Clearly there are many issues here, which is evident due to the lack of guests on a Saturday night, and the restaurant next door was booming! Food was average, does not fit the atmosphere or the feel of the restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kentucky
“EXCELLENT FOOD! EXCELLENT SERVICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

While visiting in New Orleans, my husband and I visited Leonardo's for an Italian dinner and enjoyed getting to eat outside. We ordered the CASA salad and spaghetti w/meatballs. Our server was great, and the food was very hot and delicious!
The portions are so large, though; you can actually split one order of the salad and the entree
between two people.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hobart, Indiana
“I liked it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I think the food was good. The customer service was excellent. I wen't on a Sunday evening, and there was no wait. I would definitely go back if in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Way too expensive for what they offer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We went for dinner with our daughter (8 year old). We had they scallop Linguine a Fusilli, a Pizza and 3 glasses of wine for almost $100! This appears way too much compared to what they offer. The Fusilli was nice, the Pizza was Good, but the Linguine was mediocre, at best.

I would not recommend this. There must be much better places / higher value around.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Orleans, Louisiana
“For the love of God, don't eat here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I live in New Orleans and have tried to give Leonardo's the benefit of the doubt. But like a cheating boyfriend, you constantly get screwed over. The food is fairly decent considering that most Italian food in New Orleans isn't much better than Olive Garden. I used a Groupon and was treated like a homeless man asking for rotten leftovers. I work in restaurants and give a lot of leeway but felt I should warn diners from eating here. The service sucks beyond imagination. This is supposed to be on the upper end of casual dining but it's no better than a mediocre sports bar. The decor isn't even good enough to be considered cheesy. It's just plain and cheap, nothing special whatsoever. Dining alfresco on a good night is the best you're ever gonna get here for ambiance. No one here knows how to make a drink. It's on par with Bourbon Street. The waitress, busboys, dishwasher makes the drinks but no one ever really tends bar. Don't expect much, order the wine.
I had the worst tirimisu I've ever had there and when I told the waitress, her reply was "well, that's how we make it". So if there's vomit in it, I'm expected to pay for it. She wouldn't budge on the bill and I was forced to pay for it. The bill included gratuity so their waitress doesn't get screwed. I would've paid 20% (industry folks don't screw other industry folks). But I guess the server gets better consideration than the guest and I'm the one who got screwed. After paying for the inedible desserts, I didn't end up getting a deal at all. I really wanted this place to succeed but now I'm just waiting for it to fail which shouldn't be long now. Don't eat here. Eat next door at Herbsaint for a truly scrumptuous meal. Superior bar too.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere