“Home of my Fave Ice Cream Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 1,603 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Dessert
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dessert
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Home of my Fave Ice Cream Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We loved this place and I had the best ice cream I've ever had, the Mexican Hot Chocolate! It has a real kick to it, very unique. I also loved the Chocwork Orange flavor, as did the other two people with me who tried it. My husband enjoyed combining the Creole Cream Cheese scoop with his Red Velvet Cake scoop. The Blueberry Pie was good, as were the Lemongrass Coconut, Honey Lavender and Peach Rosemary. My husband said the Summer Ale flavor was interesting but he didn't love it. A cute shop that wasn't terribly busy--definitely worth checking out. It's an easy walk from Magazine St.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

95% Recommend
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Super unique flavors and the creamiest ice cream I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

So many unique flavors- lavender and honey, champagne and violet, even beer flavored. I stuck with the salted caramel and the cafe au lait and I would probably get the same next time it was soooo good. This ice cream is so creamy and light and delicious! A whole scoop of the lavender honey and the champagne violet turned out to be a little much..... But glad we tried them. We also had peanut butter chocolate and Cookie Monster- both good but everyone agreed cafe au lait was the bomb!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not the best ice cream we had in NOLA.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Yes, it was on DDD. Yes, it is good. Yes, the prices are fair. But, this was not the best ice cream I had while in the city. My family and I tried quite a few flavors. Everyone really liked the black and gold, but my favorite here was the coffee and pecan praline. It was crowded for a Tuesday night , but the line moved fast. Cash only.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Saw this place on the food network so we decided to come, great place! So many ice cream options, stuff that you don't find everyday! Black and Gold Ice cream is the best!

Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Lots and lots of flavors!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had a mini-sundae with Creole Cream Cheese ice cream. It wasn't really very sweet ice cream, very much cream-cheesy, I liked it that way. The mini was the perfect size and it was so pretty! My friend said her coconut something or other wasn't very coconutty. My other friend had some kind of salted dark chocolate, which she described as "interesting".

Sounds like I think it was ho-hum, I know, but I wish I could go there all the time to try every flavor to get my own opinion. Very creative flavors that change frequently. And they had some interesting looking concoctions that I didn't try.

If you're in the Garden District and get a craving, I highly recommend it. It's in a beautiful area too, it's a nice crawl around the neighborhood gawking at old houses.

• Visited June 2013