“Most-recommended by Hurricane in town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar

Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar
941 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)
504 593-9761
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 198 nightlife in New Orleans
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Historic Sites
Activities: Drinking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Arguably the city's most historic bar, the Blacksmith, dates to 1772.
Bentonville, Arkansas
12 attraction reviews
“Most-recommended by Hurricane in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We took two separate tours that recommended LaFitte's for a true New Orleans Hurricane. I cannot stand rum, but I decided to take a "when in Rome" approach and it was actually really good. The price was not bad considering the location, and the service at the bar was prompt and courteous. One tour guide said, as a local, this is one of the few Bourbon St establishments he frequents.

New York City
19 attraction reviews
“One of a kind bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Looks like it's falling down, but hey, it's the real deal! Really atmospheric & casual with an open air space & lush tropical foliage on the side. Believe it's one of the oldest buildings in the Quarter, dating back to French Colonial times.

Johnson City, Tennessee
12 attraction reviews
“nola 1/2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

go experience this place, you will love it and the history behind the place. try their washington apple shots...good, great service, friendly people

Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
“Interesting old building but it was just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I thought the bar was just OK. I didn't pay for my drinks so I don't know if it was expensive or not. I felt as though it was too dark in there Friday night. Overall, it was ok, I just wanted to see what the big hype was.

Men's bathroom- Just hold it in. Seriously!

It was very smoky when we were there.

We only stayed about 30 minutes.

Our server was prompt.

Good Drinks

Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“No Better Spot for a Cheap Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was dubious of this place at first -- it sounded like an overhyped tourist trap. But it was right between the French Quarter and our hotel, on a part of Bourbon Street that actually has lovely architecture. We passed it so many times during our vacation that I finally went in, and I'm glad I did. At night, the entire place is lit by candles, giving it an ancient, intimate feeling. (My boyfriend said it reminded him of the older pubs he used to go to in the UK.) Dank but delightful!