“NOLA's only casino close to the quarter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Casino

Harrah's Casino
512 S. Peters, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)
1-800-VIP-JAZZ
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 165 Attractions in New Orleans
Activities: Gambling, Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: This casino offers 120 gaming tables, 3,000 slot machines, a buffet restaurant and a 140-seat lounge with live music.
Memphis, TN
11 attraction reviews
“NOLA's only casino close to the quarter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Although I am not a gambler I do go here to Eat !!! I really like the buffet here. Each night is a different theme. My fav. was the Thursday Nt steak nt that the didn't have the couple times I was in town on a thursday. But if by chance they do have ribeyes on the buffet OMG they are always so good. And sometimes they have oysters bienville as well And They are also SO good. and then there's their seafood nts Which should go without saying is awesome. So if your in town and want to really eat all you want & pay less than at the high end rest's in town then be sure to eat here at least 1 nt during your stay.

Visited July 2013

Fairbanks, Alaska
5 attraction reviews
“Fun place to drop some cash”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Harrahs New Orleans is not much different than any other Harrahs property & that is great! You know what to expect when you walk through the big doors. Big sprawling gaming floors, great customer service & yummy food. The casino was still a little smoky for my taste but not as bad as it could be. I had my heart set on playing a specific slot machine. I asked the customer service people if they had it & they pointed me in the general direction. I couldn't find it so I asked a floor monitor & they were able to walk me right to it! Great service!

Visited July 2013
5 attraction reviews
“good food but awful management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went to the Casino for the buffet and the Manager appraoched us as if we were trying to steal a free meal($35.00).He said a staff member notice that there only 3 receipts when there were four of us.My finance had received a voucher for a free buffet.After going to the cashier he apologized and said the employees sometimes let there friends eat free.

Greenville, Tx
“Very nice Hotel..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of the nicer hotels I've stayed at.

Admittedly, I was concerned with the fact that it is a Hotel/Casino, as I am not much of a gambler or a smoker. I know that those two things seem to go hand in hand.

I was happy to see that the Hotel was extremely clean and free from any kind of smoke smell.

And while the Casino did obviously have that smoke fragrance to it... The ventilation must be fairly strong because it never seemed to overwhelm me.

Visited April 2013
Lansing, MI
“Fun Place To Play & Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I just finished a Labor Day extended weekend in New Orleans. It was our first trip to NOLA for each of us. With the weather as hot, humid & sticky as it was, the casino was our "home" for the trip. Sure, we did a few sight-seeing things (ie. Bourbon St, French Quarter, etc) but the casino was it for us! The casino floor was always hopping (which also meant some of the popular slots were occupied and table limits were $10/$15 instead of a more realistic $5/$10. You MUST go hang out with Billy Ray the bartender at the Pirate's Cove video poker bar (next to the food court of Fuddruckers, Starbucks & McAllister's Deli), he was a blast!

We had dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse (always a sure bet)! We were comped free beverages at both the VP bar, slots and table games. The poker room was a good size, although they sure do pack the players in there! Harrah's NO has it's own hotel plus 3-4 other hotels associated with them. We stayed at the Sheraton at a HUGELY discounted rate. It couldn't have been more than a 6 minute walk from hotel door to casino door. Our luck was GREAT the first night, but terrible teh next two nights. We didn't care, we drank our faces off and re-cooped more of our money that way. Even got two comped buffets, just for the asking.

We come back to Harrah's New Orleans again, especially if we could get our room comped at the hotel's casino. Well worth a trip!

Visited August 2013