“A great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 165 Attractions in New Orleans
Type: History Museums, Military Museums, Specialty Museums, Museums
Activities: Group tours/walking tour, Leisure education
More attraction details
Owner description: The mission of this museum focuses on the remembrance and celebration of the American Spirit, teamwork, courage and sacrifice of the men and women who served during World War II.
Miami, Florida
38 attraction reviews
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We took a total of 2 1/2 hours to see everything including the 4D film beyond all boundaries. Both me and my husband agreed that we learned so much. There is an exhibit about football too, I didnt expect that but it was nice. My husband really enjoyed that. The movie is touching. I think the greatest thing was seeing the veterans sharing their experiences and their stories.

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent museum.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Included movie by Tom Hanks - wonderful. We could have spent another day here and still not have seen it all. Very well done. And staff very accommodating and helpful.

BC Canada
9 attraction reviews
“excellent information”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Spent a couple of hours here. I would have spent longer on my own. Really good info on D Day and the Pacific Front. Wasn't crowded at all but Mardi Gras was over and we went early in morning. Would recommend for older kids and families and all adults.

Marin County, CA
“Great history lesson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I learned more about WWII during my visit to the museum then I did in any history class. It will take you at least four hours to go through. Make sure you take the time.

Ottawa, Canada
13 attraction reviews
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Too crowded to enjoy the exhibits. There were so many people that we could not see the screens which was the most important part of the exhibit. After 40 minutes of trying to watch or at least listen to the exhibits we left.