“Not Really What We Expected” 2 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$80*
and up
New Orleans City Sightseeing and Hurricane...
Ranked #2 of 190 Attractions in New Orleans
Type: History Museums, Military Museums, Specialty Museums, Museums
Activities: Group tours/walking tour, Leisure education
More attraction details
Owner description: The mission of this museum focuses on the remembrance and celebration of the American Spirit, teamwork, courage and sacrifice of the men and women who served during World War II.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
“Not Really What We Expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I visited the WW II museum in Dec. 2012. I am a huge history and WW II buff. I must say, this museum was pretty much a let down. It was pretty crowded the day we went, and the layout of the museum made it difficult to traverse. The space was very tight, causing many bottle-necks as I tried to swim through the sea of people. Most of the time you couldn't get close enough to the displays to enjoy them because there were too many people trying to read the placards with the write-ups about the display. An audio guide would probably have alleviated that problem. When I did get to a display I wanted to look over, I felt rushed because of the crowd basically pushing be through. As for the Tom Hanks movie, I though it was ok. It was a bit hokey.

Visited December 2012

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Minneapolis, MN
“Great museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

A great museum. Excellent movie produced by Tom Hanks and Stephen Speilberg depicting WWII. Would definately recommend.

Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
29 attraction reviews
“One of the Best museums I have visited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The interactive exhibits really brought home the horror of war and the courage of those who fought in world war 2.

Visited February 2013
Hanover, New Hampshire
6 attraction reviews
“A Must See for Everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Short and sweet review; GO. Every time we are in NOLA, we visit the museum.
Educational, fun, and very moving.

Visited March 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This is one of, if not the best, military museum that I have visited in the USA. The staff and volunteers were great and very knowledgeable. We had a tour from a young volunteer which was great. It's nice to see an interest by the younger generation for our past. See the PT boat restoration, don't miss the theater presentation, and the new Boeing center. The only dissapointing thing, was the Higgens boat and some other items were removed so the NFL could set up a display for the Superbowl. I'm sure this was done to get more traffic into the museum during the event (move money), which I guess is OK. Don't miss this museum!