“Bikes With Cup Holders, Pure Genius!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Confederacy of Cruisers Bike Tours

Confederacy of Cruisers Bike Tours
634 Elysian Fields, New Orleans, LA 70117 (Marigny)
504 400 5468
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 204 Activities in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: New Orleans is so more than the French Quarter and we want to show you what most visitors don't get to experience. The heart of our city is seen through its many other historic neighborhoods, such as the beautiful Faubourg Marigny; and there is no better way to explore them than with New Orleans' original bicycle tour company. Join us as we take you for a bike ride around the old Creole neighborhoods and tell you the stories of the New Orleans that most tourists miss. The ride is relaxed, with plenty of time to ask questions, and a stop along the way at a neighborhood bar where you can find out all you want about local life while drinking a delicious Bloody Mary, if you like. For those who want to delve a little deeper, we offer a tasty Neighborhood Culinary Tour and a Historic Drinking Tour (where you get to indulge as you learn), all travelling through our streets like the locals do, on easy to ride classic cruiser bicycles.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
chicago illinois
“Bikes With Cup Holders, Pure Genius!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We took The History of Drinking Tour with Laura this past week. We had a blast learning about the history of different drinks in New Orleans! The best part was definitely the Ramos Gin Fizz at a super swanky hotel. Even though it was cold the day of our tour, we still had fun. Laura is personable, and the other three couples we toured with were fun too. We even met our new Canadian friends at Laffite's (on accident) for more beers. Laura also gave us some great recommendations for food and drinks. I am glad we did this tour on our second day, because we spent the rest of the trip visiting some local establishments we otherwise may not have heard of. Great day of fun.

Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“A must-do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Myself, husband and two adult daughters took the bike tour on the day we arrived in NOLA. It was a great orientation to the city and to its history and our guide Keith was knowledgeable and entertaining and made us feel very at ease on the bikes and on the roads. I hadn't ridden a bike for 30 odd years so was a bit nervous initially but soon got the hang of it again (like the old saying goes!). We started at 1pm and finished a bit after 4pm, covered a lot of ground at a leisurely pace and came away feeling that we had had a really good introduction to NOLA, its history and characters and the general layout of the city.
We highly recommend this tour - it was fun, informative, great value for money and definitely one of the highlights of our recent trip to the States.

McFarland, Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
“Great way to taste New Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Took the bike tour with my adult daughter. It was good but I wouldn't say great. Biking areas were safe and we got to try many different foods. We literally ate for 4 hours; small portions but none the less didn't need dinner that night. I was hoping for more information in general about the town bt I guess that's a different tour. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon. Not a fan of having to pay cash.

Boulder, Colorado
“i do it again and again....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I take this tour every time I come back to New Orleans. I'm a native and still learn something new and go somewhere I've never been each time. I normally have people with me from out of town and they always rave about it. I always request cassady and now have learned that he has opened up a knick knack shop and bike rentals next door to the COC! Awesome! I patroned both:)

new jerz
3 attraction reviews
“Fun & Informative!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I took the Creole Tour with Laura on our second full day in NOLA. It was the perfect way to get acquainted with the city, particularly the neighborhoods outside the French Quarter, and also helped us to plan the areas we wanted to return to. Laura was very well spoken and knowledgable about the incredibly interesting history of this great city, plus other cultural tidbits and current happenings. She was also accomodating to my request for an "extra" leg of the tour (I wanted to visit a cemetery). Loved that they provided us with helmets (optional), a bottle of water, and a bike basket for carrying our stuff. Service was easy from booking our tour through the end of the afternoon - all the employees just seem like really nice people. I would recommend this company to anyone.