“Nice and Central” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #109 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice and Central”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel is nice and central and within 10min walk to the French Quarter and Street car immediatly outside the door. Staff were friendly, especially the receptionist who was on duty when we arrived at 1am on Wednesday morning. Hotel was clean and comfortable but is starting to show it's age and needs a freshen up. Breakfast was a bit disappointing in that there were no yougut except on Saturday morning and only Buisuits and Gravey for hot food everyday which then changed again on Saturday. We were informed that the owner has set it up this way because it is quieter during the week. Haven't seen this at other Choice Hotels.

Room Tip: Roms need fresheed up
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I was attending a convention and this was the host hotel. It was an older hotel and I felt the price was a little high.
The staff was nice and helpful.
It had a free breakfast buffet and it was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had booked and pre-paid a 4-night stay. On my second day, I asked at reception if I could extend for another night. The guy was clearly new and had no clue what he was doing. He quoted a price which I accepted, but then it turned out he had booked that same night, so I now had two rooms for one night! When he booked the right night, the price had suddenly more than doubled, so of course I immediately asked that he cancel the booking. At this point the general manager had stepped in, and he strangely would not tell me price for the night until he had confirmed the booking! Not sure what that was all about.

Coming home after a full day tour, wet from rain, cold, tired, and hungry, I opened the door to my room only to find that all my belongings had disappeared! I was livid. The receptionist was adamant that I should have checked out that day, and not until I shoved my printed confirmation under her nose did she relent. Not a word of apology, just bad attitude.

Although my luggage was in storage (clothes and toiletries shoved down my backpack, my comb was nowhere to be found I realised the next morning), they had also removed the food I had bought and placed in the fridge and cupboards and thrown it away!! Including some items I had brought from Mexico which could not be replaced.

The following day I had calmed down somewhat and spoke to the general manager. A very defensive and arrogant man. He could/would not explain what had gone wrong, still no hint of any apology, he just made me feel like I was the problem! He finally said he had "adjusted" one night, which meant nothing to me. Was it a refund? He would not tell me how much it would be, just said to look at my confirmation and figure it out. When I insisted to know the amount, he just told me the conversation was over and started talking to another guest.

I can only imagine they managed to cancel my existing booking when they cancelled the one that should never have been made. But they were so arrogant that I should leave the hotel halfway through my pre-paid stay! What hotel cannot keep track of their bookings??

I find the level of unprofessionalism astounding. Is this really how a large chain like Choice trains their managers to behave with customers??? A bit of humility, explanation and apologies can go a long way. I was certainly not at fault here.

Additionally, the wi-fi signal was extremely weak.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Loved Loved Loved this hotel. We were on the 14th fl with a room big enough to spread out luggage out on the floor and not be in the way. We were facing Canal St but the room was very quiet and there wasn't any problem at all with noise from either the street or the halls. The Canal St line stops right outside the hotel and the French Quarter is a Very Easy walk of about 3 blocks from the hotel. We drink only decaf coffee and asked the front desk for some extra after our first night there. During our entire stay of 6 days our room was stocked with extra decaf pack every day. The front desk staff was really friendly and very helpful with maps and places to eat. I will stay here again and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, 1 king size bed facing Canal St.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is fine. Very close to trolley/French Quarter/Bourbon Street. Like most of NOLA, it is old and dirty, but the rooms were large. You can hear every door slam all night long, lots of car alarms and sirens; breakfast was average.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

i was by the zone trying to catch a cab. i enter to this hotel and asked with education the use of their bathroom, since I needed some help, and the manager refuses. A superior quality hotel helped me

Stayed October 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a great location with streetcar stops close by to access various areas in NOLA. Checked in for 3 nights and enjoyed the entire stay; staff was friendly, goof amenities, and spacious, clean rooms.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!