“Real European cafe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jagerhaus

Jagerhaus
833 Conti St., New Orleans, LA 70112-3439 (French Quarter)
504.525.9200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #88 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: German, Central European
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: We would like to invite you to the only German restaurant New Orleans has to offer. Our specialty is authentic home-style Bavarian and Bohemian cuisine. In addition, JägerHaus is also the only full service Lavazza coffee shop in New Orleans.When you visit our cozy German bistro in New Orleans, you will feel like you just stepped in to a nice little restaurant off the square somewhere in the middle of Munich or Prague.
Albany NY
“Real European cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Unfortunately we discovered this place at the end of our stay, so we went there only twice – once for breakfast and once for launch. Both times were great. The food was delicious, reminded me of the one we had in Germany. The menu is very diverse, they offer dishes from European cuisine, like Hungarian soup gulyash and French crepes, and Lavazza coffee is strong and flavorous. I wish we went there every day from the beginning of our stay. Thanks Jagerhaus!!

Visited April 2013

“German Delicacies in New Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We are visiting NOLA for a professional meeting and stumbled upon this restaurant. It Is Wonderful!! We enjoyed our dinner so much we went back the next day for lunch to try the goulash they were out of the night before. We have had four different appetizers, all of which were great and flavorful. The jagerschnitzel was flavorful and tender, with a very tasty mushroom sauce. The pork chop is superb. and the Spatzelie were delicious....the next day we had the goulash and it was tasty though a touch bland...but well worth the return visit. Their selection of beers is wide and offers a wide variety of options...I would recommend this spot highly and and expect to visit it on any future visits we make to the Big Easy.....

Visited April 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great German food right off Bourbon Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Fantastic German food at very reasonable prices. Good breakfast, too, even with take out. I tried their Eggs Benedict just to compare with others I've had. Delicious and had them again.

Visited January 2013
Victoria
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Had high hopes for this restaurant given some of the reveiws posted. One thing they do have is an extensive coffee menu which is not easy to find in the French Quarter so I will give them that. Our server recommended one of their Hungarian dishes ie. the Paprika chicken thighs. She brought it to us luke warm and the dish was devoid of any flavor really. I mentioned it to her when she saw my half eaten bowl to which she responded "Oh, that's surprising! Must have been an off night." And she left it at that. No offer to remove it from the bill just a simple acknowledgement that tonight it was terrible. I find it ironic that on my bill they encourage patrons to review them on Tripadvisor. OK...so here you have it! I should have known when we entered the restaurant and there was only one other couple eating there on a night when most places in the French Quarter are quite busy. Note to self: skip trying to find a good German restaurant in the Quarter especially when they try to do Hungarian. It was also expensive there for what you get.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, TX
“Wonderful breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stopped in to Jagerhaus for breakfast because everywhere else was packed and Deja Vu next door was a little too bar-esque for our toddler. What a wonderful surprise! My sweet potato waffle was incredible, and everything else eaten in our party was just as good. Kind, helpful service and a quaint environment. The woman next to me was drinking a bloody mary with bacon-infused vodka, and bragged about how good it was. I will definitely return for breakfast when I'm not pregnant, and include that on my breakfast order!

• Visited April 2013