“You're at home in New Orleans” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coccinelle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Coccinelle
You added Coccinelle to your Saves list
2119 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70116-2012 (Bywater)   |
Ranked #90 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Greensboro NC
“You're at home in New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

The proprietors welcome you into their home and you feel that it is genuine. There are only two rooms, so you are not just another guest passing through. Yet, they are professionals at repecting boundaries. The location is perfect for exploring the French Q. and the Marigny. You get to live in a historic, typical NOLA dwelling. Like jazz? You are feet from Frenchman's Street which holds the highest concentration of clubs in town. Great, professionally prepared breakfasts. All in all, a terrific place to stay and lovely hosts.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

Wonderful bed and breakfast! Really one of the best I have stayed in! Ron and Reg are remarkable, and like everyone has said, it feels like you are visiting friends! The breakfast is delicious, their hospitality overall is astounding. The location is absolutely perfect as well. I highly recommend staying at this B&B!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

I was unsure about staying at a B&B but if they are anything like the Coccinelle, I would stay in them at a heartbeat! Reg and Ron are wonderful hosts who went the extra mile to make our stay in New Orleans very enjoyable. We told our family and friends all about Reg's scrumptious breakfast and they were very impressed. We were also given yummy homemade cookies, (this was an unexpected treat!!) and fresh filtered water daily. Alex had his birthday while we were there, and Reg and Ron invited us over for a drink that evening to celebrate it. I thought it was really lovely of them to do that. Their local knowlege was invaluable and they had great suggestions about where to eat, what to see etc. The location was ideal as it was just around the corner from Frenchman St and walking distance to Bourbon St..Guys, thank you for making our holiday in New Orleans a great one! Hope to see you in Cairo! Athena & Alex

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

In a way, I came across Coccinelle by accident when looking for a B&B to stay in for a recent trip to New Orleans. Most of the other B&B's I'd found first were booked due to a conference in town. Maybe this was because they were better known or slightly less expensive? But whatever the case was, I'm so glad we found Coccinelle because it was a fantastic place to stay.

Reggie and Ron were extremely welcoming, friendly and accomodating throughout our entire trip. We arrived late (11:30pm), called when we had arrived, and Reggie surprised us by popping out of a tiny door that is the main entrance, somewhat disguised. Inside, the place opened up to the main house/kitchen, a beautiful courtyard, and the guest house in the back. We stayed in the downstairs (Jeremiah) room, which was much nicer than the photos had lead us to believe. It was very comfortable, with space for a couple of suitcases, bathrobes and hairdryer provided (my wife had brought hers but liked theirs better), and filtered water and home-baked cookies to welcome us!

The location is amazing. After we arrived, we walked literally around the corner to the new, hip Frenchman Street, and found our way into DBA, a great bar with a million beers, and the Grammy nominated Lost Bayou Ramblers (http://www.lostbayouramblers.com) were playing a magical kind of fiddle zydeco to a packed house that wouldn't stop dancing. Baptism by fire, I tell you; it was an awesome way to kick off our trip. And had we not stayed at Coccinelle, on the corner of the Marigny across from the French Quarter, we would have missed out.

That said, the drawback to being so close is that sometimes it can get loud at night. Usually not for long, but we passed out early on Saturday night, and were awakened a couple times by a brass band marching around the block. But as it was a charming and uniquely New Orleans disturbance, we didn't mind at all.

Breakfast is served between 8:30 and 10, and is a big, delicious meal, usually starting with coffee and fruit and followed by some magnificent home-cooked creation. One day it was a savory fritatta and another it was a tremendous dutch baby pancake filled with sweet and spicy apples and served with sausages on the side. Come hungry.

Reggie and Ron are great with suggestions for what to do, see and eat, as well. And the jacuzzi tub is a perfect remedy for a long day of exploring the quarter!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

We stayed at Coccinelle during pre-Mardis Gras for our 10th Anniversary. Location was fanatistic. Can walk to everything in the quarter and to the lake. Food was out of this world and host sprovided great company and conversation. Room was cozy and comfortable stayed 3 days.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

The Coccinelle is a wonderful place to stay! It is ON a corner of the French Quarter, near jazz clubs, great restaurants, all things New Orleans within walking distance, or a short cab ride. The owners are helpful with suggestions of local restaurants, and attractions. The breakfasts are amazing and tailored to your likes! There are only 2 rooms, so you really feel like you are visting friends, and once you are there- you will be! Only one requirement- you MUST like dogs. They have two adorable dogs, (Ernie and Sophie) that made my trip even more enjoyable.
I have recommended it to many people. My husband and I have stayed there a few times, and hope to return in the Spring.

• Liked — The owners!
  • Disliked — Leaving!!!!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Where can I start?...I have been a big fan of B&B's for years..because being a single traveler its always an interesting adventure when I stay at one of them vs. the boring hotel room.

When I first booked with cocinelle last yr I got terribly ill right before leaving & the gracious hosts made accommodation for me this year. The place is located on the tip of the french quarter...near the french market..far enough away from the craziness but close enough to join if you so choose. Warning: Its very unassuming from the outside ..but once you walk through the wood door...volia!...a lil paradise..a lush green courtyard...gas lanterns...the historic property...oh la la...new orleans at its best.

The food?...Reg is a wonderful cook & Ron supplies plenty of wit for morning conversation (if you are a couple you can have your food in your room or in the courtyard I believe...but I was on my own & felt very welcomed)...the rooms?..so comfortable and tastefully decorated..
.loved the jacuzzi tub!...these folks don't have to worry..when I come to nola for a spell..ill be staying right here.

PS...they also have a lovely lil quaint store nxt door where they sell very contemporary dishes...they give the guests a discount!

• Liked — the price, the hosts, the location, the room
  • Disliked — the internet access...but there is a closeby cofee shop that have free wi-fi
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Coccinelle? Share your experiences!