“A hidden GEM in Nola!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coccinelle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Coccinelle
You added Coccinelle to your Saves list
2119 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70116-2012 (Bywater)   |
Ranked #90 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, PA
“A hidden GEM in Nola!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Where can I start?...I have been a big fan of B&B's for years..because being a single traveler its always an interesting adventure when I stay at one of them vs. the boring hotel room.

When I first booked with cocinelle last yr I got terribly ill right before leaving & the gracious hosts made accommodation for me this year. The place is located on the tip of the french quarter...near the french market..far enough away from the craziness but close enough to join if you so choose. Warning: Its very unassuming from the outside ..but once you walk through the wood door...volia!...a lil paradise..a lush green courtyard...gas lanterns...the historic property...oh la la...new orleans at its best.

The food?...Reg is a wonderful cook & Ron supplies plenty of wit for morning conversation (if you are a couple you can have your food in your room or in the courtyard I believe...but I was on my own & felt very welcomed)...the rooms?..so comfortable and tastefully decorated..
.loved the jacuzzi tub!...these folks don't have to worry..when I come to nola for a spell..ill be staying right here.

PS...they also have a lovely lil quaint store nxt door where they sell very contemporary dishes...they give the guests a discount!

• Liked — the price, the hosts, the location, the room
  • Disliked — the internet access...but there is a closeby cofee shop that have free wi-fi
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families
Business

Been to Coccinelle? Share your experiences!