“Highlight of my trip to New Orleans” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours By Isabelle is the oldest locally owned and family run New Orleans tour company, providing first class, small scale, personalized service since 1979! Experienced and knowledgeable Driver-Guides on board comfortable, top of the line 13 passenger vans enthusiastically will make you fall in love with Louisiana!
Baltimore
4 attraction reviews
“Highlight of my trip to New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

I took the Post-Katrina Tour in May 2010. Joseph, the tour guide, was excellent. The tour provided extensive information about the history of New Orleans, the people, and the impact of the hurricane. The van was extremely comfortable with good visability. I plan to take another tour with this company on my next visit.

Kingston, New York
3 attraction reviews
“A highlight of our trip to New Orleans!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

As part of a six-day trip to New Orleans (the first for my wife), we took the Post-Katrina Tour on a Saturday morning and then on Sunday took the all-day tour of the Plantations and Bayou. We had high expectations of these tours because we knew that we'd learn a great deal we couldn't learn quickly on our own. We were not disappointed. Both our tour guides, Diane on Saturday and Stanley on Sunday were incredibly knowledgeable, life-long residents of the area with many of their own personal stories to tell, and accommodating at all times; one couldn't ask for better guides!

We booked on Tours by Isabelle because of the Frommer's recommendation and also liked their Web site. They only book when they have six for a tour but we found them to be extremely helpful in trying to fit us in and keep us posted on our reservation.

We don't think we made a mistake in choosing the Post-Katrina Tour rather than the standard City Tour. From our point-of-view, it's much easier to see the standard sites on your own but difficult to tour the more stricken parts of the city, especially on foot. (For standard sites like the parks, we found the streetcars did the job.)

We'd like to publicly thank Tours by Isabelle and their wonderful guides for making a major part of our visit a great success!

Coral Springs, Florida
“Great tour, great tour guide - would absolutely take a tour with them again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

We took the combo New Orleans tour, and it was EXCELLENT!!!! From booking the tour weeks ahead of time, to the prompt pick up, it was amazing service! Our tour guide Stanley was a real native, with heritage dating back 200 years. He was super informative, pleasant, and friendly. My only complaint, was the tour guide Joseph on the Longue Vue Mansion stop. He was rude, mean, actually YELLED at a man in our group for asking a question Joseph deemed "stupid". He actually used the word "stupid"!!! I was disappointed because it was something we paid for, and if I am taking a tour, I would like to be able to ask any dumb question I'd like!! This particular New Orleans tour should request a different tour guide for the mansion. But all in all, I would definitely recommend Tours by Isabelle to anyone I know, and I plan on doing the Plantation Tour when I return to New Orleans!

Waverly, Iowa
“Great tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

We were in New Orleans last week and the highlights of our trip were the two tours ( Plantations and City) we took through Isabelle Tours. Our tour guide for each tour was "Ginny" who was very knowledgeable, helpful and courteous. We are still talking about many of the things we saw and learned! The tours covered a great deal and we felt that we got to see much of the city as well as the areas ourside of the city where the plantations were located. They could not have been better!!

Las Vegas
8 attraction reviews
“City Tour OK but not great.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

We took the city tour by Isabelle because of smaller vans but unfortunately you can not see much of what the guide is talking about. The cemetery stop was very interesting and informative about why New Orleans uses above ground burial. The Longue Vue home was very nice but it is not set up for tours very well. It would be good with tours of about 4 people not 8 to 12. You can not see the rooms that the guide is talking about because many of the rooms you can only look into. Not real impressed. Go see the plantations on the river which where great. One last note, the vans used by Isabelle hold 12-13 people and you are packed in like sardines. Make sure you only have a smaller group.