“Fun Morning in NOLA” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 204 Activities in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours By Isabelle is the oldest locally owned and family run New Orleans tour company, providing first class, small scale, personalized service since 1979! Experienced and knowledgeable Driver-Guides on board comfortable, top of the line 13 passenger vans enthusiastically will make you fall in love with Louisiana!
“Fun Morning in NOLA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Had a great trip this morning. I had flown overnight, had been uncontactable on a flight from Sydney (AUS) and they rang when I arrived to check whether I was still keen to go; great service. Jenny our guide picked up on time at my downtown hotel and gave interesting commentary through the French Quarter and on the drive out to Airboat Adventure. Our airboat Captain Steve did a great job too and the swamp tour was a good mix of speed and quietly taking in the swamp. Saw quite a few alligators now the water is warming up, some turtles, a small snake and numerouse birds and flowers. Very comfortable transport, good service and knowledgable and interesting guides.

Visited April 2011

Fairhope, Alabama
“Tours by Isabelle exceeds all expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

We run luxury bus tours Florida to Louisiana. And were aware of Tours by Isabelle for their attention to detail and friendliness. Our step on guide for the Historic Garden District
was 'Dazzling Dave,' as the group called him. He got 70 thumbs up from our happy crew!

Visited March 2011
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“The heart and soul of a city's recovery from crisis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Katrina tour with Joseph was outstanding! Had taken another about 5 years earlier with a different company. While it was a good tour, didn't hold a candle to this tour...even 5 years later. Well worth the time!

Visited January 2011
Sydney
“Enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I picked Isabelle's tour out of the lot because I was attracted to the idea of a smaller and personal tour. The $10-$20 more than what you would pay for the other tours was definitely worth it. I joined the tour to Laura's & Oak plantation.

Our guide Diana was lovely. She would constantly ask and check if the van was at the right temperature and always by the door when we got off or got on ensuring that we mind our step. They pick you up and drop you off at your hotel. It's nice to have a local who is passionate about the new orleans and you learn things about the city that only a local would know.

The plantations that we visited didn't really fascinate me. It's not really any fault of the tour, it's more to do with my preference. When we visited this January, Laura's house was partially destroyed by fire. Hence, a lot of it was rebuilt lacking the authenticity that I wanted to experience. Having said that there is a lot of history at this place. In terms of architecture, really nothing much that will make you go wow, whoa etc.

Oaks plantation is more stately and a beauty. Not as much history at this place as compared to Laura's. I guess I would say it's interesting enough.

By the way, There are about 13 people who can fit into the van, although I would recommend if you have very long legs to request beforehand the passenger seat.

Visited January 2011
Calgary
8 attraction reviews
“Airboat Tour was very informative and F-U-N”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

This tour that we took with Tours by Isabelle was very organized, informative and a wonderful experience. Steve, our guide on the airboat, was very interested in educating all of us about the native lands and the animals that habitate the area. Would recommend this tour to anyone

Visited February 2011