“One of the Better Restaurants in Lockport” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lisle, IL
“One of the Better Restaurants in Lockport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Lockport does not have a long line of great restaurants, but Mama Onesta's is one of the better restaurants. Located in an older, restored building in downtown Lockport, Mama Onesta's is a good Italian restaurant. We were there for a company lunch function for about 30 people, and arranged a buffet lunch for the group. When we arrived, the staff was ready for us and the food was ready to go. All of the items served were very delicious and the staff worked hard to make sure everyone had what they needed.

Overall a very good experience and recommended if you are looking for good Italian food in Lockport.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lockport, Illinois
“Catering great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had our work luncheon catered a few weeks ago and the food was excellent. Everything was very good and it was a good price to feed 6 people, we will be back for dinner!

Visited January 2013
CHicago
“My second review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I've been here many times and always sing its praises, that is, until last week. First, the good: food is always excellent. It's not the most varied menu, nor the most original, but always well- prepared and delicious. Sautéed spinach is delightful, the garlic covered buns, not so much ( though others enjoy them).
Odd how bad service can detract from a good experience. There were only 7 tables and no shortage of servers. Then, why oh why, did we have to ask for every little thing....twice? Our server was no where to be found in ths small restaurant. Coffee served and he noted that he'd bring cream. Twenty minutes later, when I finally found him and asked again, it arrived. Same with a straw which I had to get up and find myself, after my request was ignored. Same thing happened when I asked for a glass for my father's beer. He is disabled and can't drink from a bottle....which should have been offered anyway in an upscale restaurant.
I don't think I'm being too picky when I have to get up three times to get something myself because, after waiting 20 minutes each time, I can't flag our server.
I ve found this place on repeated visits to have spotty service, but the convenience and cuisine makes it all worthwhile.

Chicago
“Food was average for the price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was or second time here. The first time was shortly after they opened. Both times we were unimpressed with the food. The service was great. And the resturant clean. I do suggest making reservations or calling ahead to make sure a tables are avaiable.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lockport, Illinois, United States
“Great food & value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Been here several times & just took the time to review. Probably the best dining value in Lockport. Service always good, tasty food & really a good value as well. Clean, friendly atmosphere, good food, good value, whats not to like!! Nice convenient location as well & never a problem to park on the street within a block. Definitely one of the best in Lockport, hands down!! Have done both lunch & dinner & have never had a bad meal!!

• Visited August 2012