“four generations love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 55 restaurants in Lockport
Cuisines: Eastern European
Joliet, Illinois
“four generations love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My dad, my husband and myself, our children, and our grandchildren all love eating here. And it's affordable enough that everyone can have a great meal without taking a second mortgage on the house. The food is fresh and well prepared, generous portions. We especially like the breaded pork tenderloin,the crispy-skin duck,the barbeque ribs the liver dumpling soup, the fruit dumplings, A little out of the way but absolutely worth the trip.

• Visited February 2013

92% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I have been here several times and have never been disappointed, the food is great, you get enough to have lunch leftover, you get soup, desert and drinks included all for a VERY modest price. The food all seems homemade, the wait staff is attentive, all around a great place. The menu is a bit different than your run of the mill place, that alone is a good reason to give the place a try and get something different for a change.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Crest Hill, Illinois
“You wont be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This restaurant has excellent food the likes of which I have not had since I was little. The service is great and the portions are fabulous. We just went with a party of nine people and service went as smooth as if there were only two of us.

• Visited December 2012
Plainfield
“Grandma's Cooking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I love to eat here. We recently took his parents here and they both loved it. They can't wait to go back. The food is great, reminds me of my grandmother's cooking. The portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. The hubby always orders the chicken schnitzel. I've ordered that before and it's excellent. I always order something different when we go and I've never been disappointed! Dinner comes with a bread basket (rye bread), soup (beef noodle is so good!), main course and dessert. The restaurant is clean and service is excellent!

• Visited September 2012
Illinois, Usa
“Reminds me of home growing up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have been coming to this restaurant since it opened. I have never been disappointed in the food, service, portions, or quality. The owner is a very nice man who keeps his eye on what is going on in the restaurant and he makes sure that the place is running very smoothly.

I was raised on Eastern European food, and I have not had food of this caliber since my late mother made it for us. It is sorely missed, until I come here for an evening. They make the food just like mother made for us all those years ago.

The portions are generous, delicious, and you always have leftovers. Do yourself a favor and eat your way through the menu like I have! They have specials every day which are always very good.

The regular menu has all of the food that you would expect including wiener schnitzel, stuffed peppers, goulash, pierogi,chicken kiev, and the list goes on. The potato dumplings on Thursday evenings are delicious and just like my grandmother used to make.

I had a group of 11 friends join me the other evening to celebrate the life of a friend who introduced me to this restaurant. The staff was very friendly and the service was spot on. Everyone in my group was very pleased and no one went home hungry!

Treat yourself, your family, and friends to a taste of the old country. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed...or hungry!

• Visited September 2012