“Lovely House and Hosts” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Madison B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Lovely House and Hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We took a short trip to Madison for a weekend get-away. This Livingston Inn house is a gorgeous construction with a bit of interesting history for the curious. Be sure to chat with Peggy about it.
The hosts Peggy and Dave were very sweet and gave us great suggestions for dinner in town. Breakfast next morning was absolutely delicious! We loved the decor of the house and their super-friendly cocka-poo :). Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I recently spent a night at the Livingston Inn. I absolutely loved it. The inside of the Inn is gorgeous. The owners were very accommodating and friendly. I loved the breakfast in the dining room in the morning. Freshly brewed coffee at 7am with a delicious breakfast of homemade granola, yogurt, fresh fruit and orange juice to follow. It was a great experience and I will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Horicon, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this beautiful inn. It was decorated for Halloween and Peggy, one of the owners was so fun to visit with and we felt so comfortable there. Our room was great and we can't wait to go back. One of our favorite B & B experiences!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathedral City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Peggy and Dave were just superb and so very accommodating. I just loved my stay and location can not be beat. Being a gay couple we just love how we were treated and made to feel accepted. In fact I hear they do weddings at the Livingston so this is wonderful place to get married as well. I would stay here again and all my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The room was incredibly lovely. It was very clean and beautifully decorated. The fireplace made for such a romantic, relaxing and renewing ambiance in the room. I would definately go back in a heart beat! Peggy and Dave were very gracious hosts and they made us feel very welcome and at home. The breakfast was excellent, the food and the conversation and the other people at the Inn as well as Peggy and Dave all made our breakfast experience so warming and happy. I would highly recommend the Livingston Inn. It was a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: If you are there for romance, the Leitch room is top notch!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Staying at the Livingston Inn was a wonderful experience. The space is wonderful and Dave and Peggy do a excellent job hosting and making you feel at home. It is refreshing to see a business that is truly family operated, as the entire family pitches in. The breakfast was amazing (my husband is a big fan of Joanna's granola)! We highly recommend the experience. Be sure to take the time to walk down to the lake.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed at many B & B's over the years and have stayed in great and not so great places. The Livingston Inn is right up there with the best of Europe and the US. The staff was caring and attentive without being overbearing. They gave me good advise on Madison attractions. The home and my room/suite was beautifully appointed.

This was not a normal B & B continental breakfast. I was served wonderful french toast....eggs as I asked for them with crisp bacon as well as fresh fruit and all the other items one would expect from a first class breakfast. Even was given a copy of the local paper and the New York Times. Breakfast nirvana for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Livingston Inn? Share your experiences!