“No Regrets Visiting Tex Tubb's!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Monona, Wisconsin
“No Regrets Visiting Tex Tubb's!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I haven't had Mexican food as great as this wonderful restaurant's in ages, well besides my mother's home-cookin' that is! I had the "Gun Barrel" 2-Enchilada, black beans, rice, and 2-hardshell taco meal, and ate every bit of it, because of such great authentic flavor. I also had a Raspberry Limeade beverage which didn't taste as I expected, but was good enough to sip on. The menu items are average-priced, the restaurant has lots of character, fast & friendly staff/service, a bar, a skylight, and very clean, including the restrooms. Considering it was my first time in there, I will definitely return, and recommend it to others!!!

Visited March 2012

Madison, WI
“great margaritas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

and fab cheese dip. food varies - their menu changes frequently

Humboldt, Iowa
“Great tacos, unique dishes & I like the salsa bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I recently took some out of town family guests to Tex Tubb's. Sometimes it takes someone else's perspective to make you realize how good you've got it. I took them to Tex Tubb's because I've never had a bad meal there. They have great queso and guacamole, and a salsa bar for their chips, where you can mix and pick what you want.
I typically get the tacos, and I usually get one or two I know are good, and then try a different one every time. My old standbys are the portabella-mushroom-goat cheese-pumpkin-seed taco (yes, pumpkin seeds) which is surprisingly good and I occasionally crave it. Then there's the avocado frito, a fried avocado taco with feta cheese that is just delightful. I used to get a lemon-shrimp taco but they stopped offering it (pout).
This last time, it was close to Thanksgiving, so I tried a sweet potato taco - which was pretty good. In the past, I can remember a roasted vegetable taco that was worth repeating. And let me be clear here: I am NOT a vegetarian! I realize everything I just listed is a vegetarian taco (three years ago, I would have thought those two words didn't go together) but it's actually really good!
My friends had burritos, and this is the point where I forgot how spoiled we are in Madison at Tex Tubbs. They were ooh'ing and ahh'ing about how wonderful they tasted, how big and filling they were, and ended the meal saying how it was the best burrito they had ever had. I was showing them around the city, trying to convince them to move here, and I think Tex Tubb's was the right introduction.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lindenhurst, Illinois
“Such a yummy surprise, really great unique tacos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is not your regular taco joint. It has flair! We had 7 different tacos and 6 of 7 were phenomenal (the fried avocado taco sounded amazing but with only 1 piece of fried avocado tasted more like a plain black bean taco). Everything from a Ms. Saigon taco to a chipotle beef taco were amazing. I would recommend stopping bye. We happened to make the Happy Hour where we tried the magaritas and they were delicious.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
madison, wi
“New menu is delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am a vegetarian and I always love coming across a good veggie menu. Their selection of veggie tacos are awesome and the flavor is super good. I really like the Grilled portabella mushroom taco but they are all really amazing! The service is fast and very friendly too.

• Visited June 2011