We have stayed at the Inn on the Park several times and find it very convenient. State Street is the hub of downtown Madison, and this hotel is 2 blocks from that, plus on Saturdays all summer you have the Farmer's Market on the square (across the street). Our daughter loves the indoor pool in the winter, we like being 1-2 blocks from about 4 coffee houses around the square, the free valet underground parking and free unlimited high-speed internet. The restaurant is adequate, and is open even Christmas Day.
One down side - the rooms have started to decay over the past year, with broken fixtures, peeling paint, etc. The interior needs a facelift, but we still enjoy the rest of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban landmark on the Capitol Square in Madison, the hotel is located directly across from the magnificent State Capitol building. The Capitol Square is home to such popular seasonal attractions as the Dane County Farmer’s Market, Art Fair on the Square and Concerts on the Square. Only blocks from the University of Wisconsin, Madison campus, Frank Lloyd Wright inspired Monona Terrace Convention Center, Overture Center for Performing Arts, and the Kohl Center, the Inn on the Park is your best way to experience the best of Madison. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn on the Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn On The Park Hotel Madison
- Best Western Hotel Madison
- Best Western Madison
- Madison Best Western