“Management asked for a second chance, and they made it right!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #27 of 63 hotels in Madison
Chicago, Illinois
“Management asked for a second chance, and they made it right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After spending a sleepless night at this property last winter and writing a terrible review, the revenue manager contacted us and offered us a significant discount and her personal attention on a return reservation. My husband and I hesitantly returned last weekend and we were delighted with the result. Of course, the hotel is in the perfect location, directly on Capitol Square. Our king room on the top floor of the hotel was comfortable,clean and while not beautifully decorated was mercifully quiet. The staff was pleasant and efficient. Absolutely no complaints. It is nice to know that hotel management takes these reviews seriously, and try to resolve problems, even if it was after the fact!

Room Tip: Make sure you are not near the elevator
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
George W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn on the Park, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for giving us a second chance and providing us the opportunity to make things right for you. We do take our customer feedback to heart and while we're not always able to meet each and every need, we do try to make our guests comfortable and happy. I'm glad your stay was an enjoyable (and quiet) one and I hope we'll see you again next time you're in town.

328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Decent hotel. Nothing wonderful but not bad either. Fairly quiet. Right in the square where the capital is located. Not sure I'd pay a lot for it, but if location is what you need, it's good. There was a bar in the lobby which had lots of tv's and was an ok place to have a beverage. Didn't try the breakfast...

Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My daughter & fiancee decided n a Halloween 2012 wedding @ the Capitol. The location, friendly staff, quiet corridors....clean, well-appointed reception area & guests' rooms made this a very special day. The view of the Capitol, right from our 6th floor room window, was spectacular---especially at night! Love the Inn!!! Thank you for your hospitality.

Room Tip: A view of our beautiful state capitol ---can't beat it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Congratulations to your family on the wedding! I'm so pleased that we could be a memorable part of your happy day and I hope you will visit us again.
Allegan, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a great place to stay when attending a college football game at University of Wisconsin. The rooms were very clean, 2nd floor King was close to walking down the stairs and not taking elevator. Restaurant was very good and casual. Valet parking was FREE except for tip. Front desk was awesome. You are 3 blocks from State Street action and if you are there on Saturday for football the farmers market is second to none for bakery items.Wireless works very well and free.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
George W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn on the Park, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Jack, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about our hotel and your stay in Madison. There are few things in life finer than a trip to the Farmers Market and then cheering on the Badgers. So glad you got to experience it and I hope you stay with us again soon. The outdoor Farmers Market ends on Nov 10 but there is an indoor winter market just down the street from us that runs until spring.
Mariefred, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very nice hotel with excellent service from Paul at the front desk!

We were on a business trip and had to check out one day early. Paul helped us to book another hotel and solved it for us in minutes, rather than having to call our companys travel agent in Sweden. This saved us lots of time and hassle. The early check out led to some confusion when I got home since the reserved amount on my credit card was higher than the bill I recieved, but again Paul helped to fix it and was as always very friendly and courteous while helping out. Wish all hotels had a guy like Paul!

Room Tip: A colleague stayed in a room adjacent to another one with only a thin door separating them, so you c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us during your time in the US and for the kind words about our assistant general manager Paul. Paul exemplifies our commitment to customer service and hospitality and we (and our guests) are lucky to have him. On behalf of Paul and myself thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again.
Pulaski, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've stayed at more expensive properties on near the capitol in Madison, but Best Western is a much better deal for your money. Check-in was prompt and attentive--we were asked if we'd like a Capitol view or a lake view. The double-queen rooms were spacious, and the refrigerator was a nice addition. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for the feedback and we hope to see you again.
Central Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My mistake. I saved $18 a night by staying at this Best Western instead of staying at the Hilton, which is right next to the Monona Conference Center.
On the other hand, the Best Western has free internet and complimentary valet parking.
Uh...I carry my own broadband card, and I prefer to pocket my keys and go to the car anytime I want.
Checkin was flawless.
I was on a "group rate" so I should have expected what greeted me. My king size bed turned out to be a queen...but that's okay, because it filled the Lilliputian room. The bath was similarly diminutive. For an older property, it's been remodeled and refurbished. Relatively clean, too.
Housekeeping falls down on the job, however. I don't think they ran the vacuum at all during the 5 nights I was there. (Same white threads laying on the floor in the same place, all week.) After the first night, I got shorted a hand towel and a wash cloth. And I wasn't fond of hearing the maid's AM radio blaring the Spanish station at 8:30am.
During my stay, cold weather slammed us. So I bumped the thermostat..which failed. The next morning, I reported it to the front desk at 7:15 am. Back in the room at 6pm, no attention had been paid. So I complained to the front desk again. It got reset that evening. Failed again. And whose idea was it to place the thermostat on the wall right above the heat generating TV? No wonder it didn't think the room was cold...but I did.
Checkout was flawless...and the valet parking guys were excellent.
Thumbs up...but if I had to be at the conference center, I'd rethink this one.

Room Tip: Specifically request a room which is NOT near the elevator!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
George W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn on the Park, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for the feedback about your stay. Many of our guests enjoy the walk to the Monona Terrace convention center (664 steps from door to door!) and appreciate the free valet parking and Wi-Fi but it sounds like we weren't quite the best fit for you and your needs. I do appreciate you giving us a shot and I will address the music issue with our team to ensure future guests are not inconvenienced. Please join us again if your travel plans call for it.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn on the Park? Share your experiences!