My mistake. I saved $18 a night by staying at this Best Western instead of staying at the Hilton, which is right next to the Monona Conference Center.
On the other hand, the Best Western has free internet and complimentary valet parking.
Uh...I carry my own broadband card, and I prefer to pocket my keys and go to the car anytime I want.
Checkin was flawless.
I was on a "group rate" so I should have expected what greeted me. My king size bed turned out to be a queen...but that's okay, because it filled the Lilliputian room. The bath was similarly diminutive. For an older property, it's been remodeled and refurbished. Relatively clean, too.
Housekeeping falls down on the job, however. I don't think they ran the vacuum at all during the 5 nights I was there. (Same white threads laying on the floor in the same place, all week.) After the first night, I got shorted a hand towel and a wash cloth. And I wasn't fond of hearing the maid's AM radio blaring the Spanish station at 8:30am.
During my stay, cold weather slammed us. So I bumped the thermostat..which failed. The next morning, I reported it to the front desk at 7:15 am. Back in the room at 6pm, no attention had been paid. So I complained to the front desk again. It got reset that evening. Failed again. And whose idea was it to place the thermostat on the wall right above the heat generating TV? No wonder it didn't think the room was cold...but I did.
Checkout was flawless...and the valet parking guys were excellent.
Thumbs up...but if I had to be at the conference center, I'd rethink this one.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn On The Park Hotel Madison
- Best Western Plus Inn On The Park Hotel
- Best Western Hotel Madison
- Best Western Madison
- Madison Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban landmark on the Capitol Square in Madison, the hotel is located directly across from the magnificent State Capitol building. The Capitol Square is home to such popular seasonal attractions as the Dane County Farmer’s Market, Art Fair on the Square and Concerts on the Square. Only blocks from the University of Wisconsin, Madison campus, Frank Lloyd Wright inspired Monona Terrace Convention Center, Overture Center for Performing Arts, and the Kohl Center, the Inn on the Park is your best way to experience the best of Madison. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn on the Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.