“Normal Hotel, Good Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Madison
United States
“Normal Hotel, Good Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel was your standard hotel. Simple decor (not a bad thing), showing its age and use a little, and comfortable for a night. It had all of the basic things you need for a business stay. I had no problems. So all in all the place would be pretty unmemorable (not a bad thing for a business stay hotel), but for the staff. They were busy, had a few large groups staying, and things seemed a little hectic (several events were going on at the University). However they always made the effort to be professional, courteous and kind. They were not overly friendly and chatty, which I find to be a good thing. They did their jobs as efficiently as possible so that I could get on with my stay. So I appreciated the fact that they did their jobs well.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nick U, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Steven W,

We're glad your visit was a success. It has certainly been an unexpectedly busy July for our area, but that is all part of what we enjoy about our industry. While we're always ready to rattle of 20 must-visit restaurants and a dozen different ways to spend an afternoon, as a business traveler myself, some days you just need room keys and a bed to sleep in. Just this evening we were already beginning to train additional team members to help maintain an efficient experience at our desk - I'm excited to get them on the front lines and I already know they'll be great assets to our team.

Best Western PLUS InnTowner and the Highland Club

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is an excellent Best Western Plus. I thoroughly enjoyed staying there. The breakfast was very good, the room was great, and the on site restaurant had an outstanding chef. i definitely recommend staying here if you are in the Madison, Wisconsin area.

552rebertab,

Thank you very much for the review and recommendation! We'll be happy to see you again the next time you are in the area!

Be Well,

Burton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I love it here at this Best Western! I arrived this past Sunday evening and will be departing on Friday. It has been a great place to stay. My room, a standard King, is beautiful, roomy and clean. My bed is super comfortable and I have slept well. With a refrigerator, Keurig Coffee Maker, Hair Dryer, Iron and big flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi, it has been a wonderful experience. Each day, when I return from a long day of class, I am welcomed with bottles of water and fresh chocolate chip cookies in my room. There is also a pool, onsite restaurant (which provides guests with a hot breakfast buffet each morning) and a small fitness center.

Another great extra is the complimentary shuttle that takes me to class at 7:15 each morning and I can call anytime up to 10:45 in the evening to take me anywhere or bring me back. (It is nice to leave a tip for the courteous drivers.) I haven't had to use my car since I have been here, and have not had to pay anything to keep it parked in the lot.

I would recommend this hotel at any time! I would definitely book another stay here! Thank you for being such a great place to stay. My business trip has been a pleasant trip.

Susan F,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Truth be told, I don't think I could have written a better listing of our hotel's offerings! As a note for other travelers: it looks you received an upgrade to one of our Highland Club rooms which always receive turn-down service with cookies and water - we do this from time-to-time for longer stays, based on our availability - but all of our rooms have the same great features that you mentioned (except for cookies and water) - Keurig's, 42" flat screens, hair-dryers, wi-fi, etc. We would be honored to have you join us again when you are back in Madison!

INDIANAPOLIS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

very good stay , staff was extremely polite room was clean bed was comfortable, breakfast was good. waitress did not speak good English so was hard to order dinner. little far from main interstate but overall very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nick U, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Ron S,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! Clean, comfortable rooms are our top priority here at the InnTowner. I do agree, we are a ways off of the interstate - we regard ourselves as a downtown area hotel in Madison, but I'm glad that the extra distance was worth it! We'll be happy to have you as our guest again when you are in the Madison area again.

Safe Travels,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times because it is near the University of Wisconsin Hospital and am very satisfied overall. There have been some recent changes and upgrades. The new beds are super high, which is good for tall people but I can barely get onto the bed. On a trip with my mother we asked for a stepstool so she could each the bed. After a long wait, we got a plastic crate. Not very elegant but it worked. I usually like to use the swimming pool/hot tub. The pool is nice but on the small side, so if there is a family splashing around I do not use it. The fitness center is very small and I have never used it. The hot tub could be hotter. The restaurant serves standard fare, but is very convenient. The breakfast buffet offers a good selection of foods, including pancakes, eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal and more. There is shuttle service offered and I have been very satisfied with the courtesy and quick service. I have only used the shuttle to the hospital, but they do travel to other locations within a certain radius.

Christinen436,

Thank you for the review. The height of our beds was unforseen when we replaced the mattresses a few months ago. We have procured some more "elegant" step stools (we are continuing to look at options for replacing the frames with something shorter) that our guests may use on request. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast - it is one of my favorite parts of our hotel. Thank you for being our guest!

Best Regards,

Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Let me begin with saying Leketta a member of the staff working in the breakfast room is real asset to this hotel. She greets you by name and with smile, a very pleasant beginning to one's day. This is one of the nicest Best Westerns I have ever stayed in and being a Best Western Rewards member, I've stayed in quite a few. The staff is excellent and always helpful and they give their assistance with smile. They have a shuttle service that is on par with 4 and 5 star hotels. My wife and were involved in a motorcycle accident and after I was discharged from the hospital, I checked in here while my wife was still in the hospital (wife checked in after her discharge). The location is perfect, 3 minutes away from the UW hospital. The rooms are comfy and spacious, free wifi, and nice Business center, comfy beds. This is just a great place to stay regardless of ones circumstances. If ever I return to Madison, I will stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul W,

I can't thank you enough for your kind words. This was passed along to Leketta the day it was written and she was quite flattered! Our shuttle service is second-to-none in the downtown Madison area and we are very proud of the service we provide. We'll be ready to welcome you the next time you're in Madison.

Safe Travels,

RapidCity SD, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

if an event is there, the parking is terrible especially if one arrives later in the evening!!! The rooms need updating and lightening up the decor!! If you are there for a UW event, the location is fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kris L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The Best Western InnTowner on TripAdvisor! We have one parking spot for every room, however, we did have our containers for the remodel taking up several spaces when you stayed with us. We hope you return to enjoy the renovated rooms the next time you visit Madison. Thank you!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club? Share your experiences!