You added BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club to your Saves list
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Madison
INDIANAPOLIS
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

very good stay , staff was extremely polite room was clean bed was comfortable, breakfast was good. waitress did not speak good English so was hard to order dinner. little far from main interstate but overall very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nick U, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Ron S,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! Clean, comfortable rooms are our top priority here at the InnTowner. I do agree, we are a ways off of the interstate - we regard ourselves as a downtown area hotel in Madison, but I'm glad that the extra distance was worth it! We'll be happy to have you as our guest again when you are in the Madison area again.

Safe Travels,

Best Western PLUS InnTowner and the Highland Club

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times because it is near the University of Wisconsin Hospital and am very satisfied overall. There have been some recent changes and upgrades. The new beds are super high, which is good for tall people but I can barely get onto the bed. On a trip with my mother we asked for a stepstool so she could each the bed. After a long wait, we got a plastic crate. Not very elegant but it worked. I usually like to use the swimming pool/hot tub. The pool is nice but on the small side, so if there is a family splashing around I do not use it. The fitness center is very small and I have never used it. The hot tub could be hotter. The restaurant serves standard fare, but is very convenient. The breakfast buffet offers a good selection of foods, including pancakes, eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal and more. There is shuttle service offered and I have been very satisfied with the courtesy and quick service. I have only used the shuttle to the hospital, but they do travel to other locations within a certain radius.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Christinen436,

Thank you for the review. The height of our beds was unforseen when we replaced the mattresses a few months ago. We have procured some more "elegant" step stools (we are continuing to look at options for replacing the frames with something shorter) that our guests may use on request. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast - it is one of my favorite parts of our hotel. Thank you for being our guest!

Best Regards,

Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Let me begin with saying Leketta a member of the staff working in the breakfast room is real asset to this hotel. She greets you by name and with smile, a very pleasant beginning to one's day. This is one of the nicest Best Westerns I have ever stayed in and being a Best Western Rewards member, I've stayed in quite a few. The staff is excellent and always helpful and they give their assistance with smile. They have a shuttle service that is on par with 4 and 5 star hotels. My wife and were involved in a motorcycle accident and after I was discharged from the hospital, I checked in here while my wife was still in the hospital (wife checked in after her discharge). The location is perfect, 3 minutes away from the UW hospital. The rooms are comfy and spacious, free wifi, and nice Business center, comfy beds. This is just a great place to stay regardless of ones circumstances. If ever I return to Madison, I will stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul W,

I can't thank you enough for your kind words. This was passed along to Leketta the day it was written and she was quite flattered! Our shuttle service is second-to-none in the downtown Madison area and we are very proud of the service we provide. We'll be ready to welcome you the next time you're in Madison.

Safe Travels,

RapidCity SD, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

if an event is there, the parking is terrible especially if one arrives later in the evening!!! The rooms need updating and lightening up the decor!! If you are there for a UW event, the location is fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kris L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The Best Western InnTowner on TripAdvisor! We have one parking spot for every room, however, we did have our containers for the remodel taking up several spaces when you stayed with us. We hope you return to enjoy the renovated rooms the next time you visit Madison. Thank you!
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We enjoyed a terrific stay at this hotel, which is a bit off the beaten path in Madison but within walking distance of the medical campus. Since I was traveling with my son who has autism, I called ahead with some questions and spoke to an extremely helpful front desk staff member. When the airport van service wasn't immediately available upon our arrival at the airport, we were allowed to charge a cab ride to the hotel. When we arrived, other employees helped in various ways to give me the information I needed to keep my son's anxieties at bay. We enjoyed excellent service at the restaurant, where I watched our waitress bring a pillow to support the back of an elderly diner - very considerate! And the recent renovations meant that our beds were firm and supplied with a variety of pillows, one for every type of sleeper. I would definitely return here the next time I visit the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stay at this hotel primarily because of it's proximity to the hospital where I frequently work when visiting Madison.

The hotel is very nice with lots of amenities that are more costly at other hotels of this quality.

Their recent renovation is very nice and has made my experience staying there so much nicer.

Room Tip: If you are in the Best Western Rewards Program, request the Highland Club level which has the most r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice now and it is practically perfect. The beds and food are top notch. The staff is unbeatable in friendliness, helpfulness, appearance and professionalism. The location is great for those with business at UW-Madison either by walking (10-15 minutes) or with the hotel's complimentary shuttle which is highly preferable over trying to park anywhere near the university (just don't!). We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kris L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Dear Jonathan K,
Thank you for sharing your experience (and great advice on parking!) with the InnTowner with others on TripAdvisor! We look forward to hosting you and your family here again.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club? Share your experiences!