A few minor details messed up what could have been a nice stay. In-room wifi was unusable. It wouldn't stay connected and for the brief periods it would connect it was too slow to do anything but check email. Couldn't get either my smart phone or laptop to work in my room. The computers in the business center worked fine but I'd rather work from my room. I didn't notice until I got into the shower that we were given 2 containers of conditioner but no shampoo. Didn't have time to screw around asking for shampoo and I didn't have any with me. Ended up having to wash my hair with hand soap. There was a funky sliding bracket that held the shower head to the wall. Bumped it with my elbow and the whole thing fell off the wall. The parts landed in the shower so I was able to put the thing back together and finish my shower. Made sure not to bump it again. Breakfast buffet could have been great. Much nicer selection of food than most continental breakfasts. Too bad both types of potato offered were not just tepid but cold. None of the other hot foods were really hot but at least were acceptably warm. On the plus side, parking was easy. Shuttle to nearby UW Hospital was great. The hotel is generally a bit long in tooth but clean and in very good condition. I understand that they are going to be doing some major renovation in early 2014. All of the staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and efficient. Overall this hotel is a good value especially considering the location.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Inntowner And The Highland Club Hotel
- Best Western Inntowner And The Highland Club Hotel Madison
- Best Western Madison
- Madison Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This downtown Madison hotel has the ideal location and extra amenities for business and leisure travelers as well as for groups and meeting planners. The BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner hotel is in the heart of Madison's picturesque west University of Wisconsin campus area and is located two blocks from the UW Hospital and Clinics, one mile from Camp Randall Stadium, one mile from the Wisconsin Institute of Discovery and close to shopping, local restaurants and the Capitol Square and State St. Amenities include the downtown areas only hot free breakfast buffet for all registered guests; free shuttle service to the airport, campus area, hospital, Monona Terrace Convention Center, Alliant Energy Center and shopping and restaurants within a two mile radius of the hotel; free high speed wireless Internet; a 24/7 Business Center; a 24/7 Grab 'n Go Market; indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness area; restaurant and lounge; cable television with 72 channel choices, and free HBO. For discriminating travelers, the hotel offers a private, key access executive level--The Highland Club--with upgraded amenities including free beverages and appetizers in the evening and two freshly baked homemade signature chocolate chip cookies at turndown service. For guests looking for meeting or banquet space, the InnTowner offers 9 meeting room configurations in 6200 sq. ft of space and on-site catering services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Best Western, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.