“Hard to beat Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Madison
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hard to beat Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed 3 weeks at this hotel and enjoyed the Highland Club, The customer service was immaculate and hard to beat. If you stay at this hotel get a highland club room and enjoy the highland club, it is worth the premium price. The employees had excellent attitudes and were happy to help and make my stay enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. We love getting to know all of our long term guests and we are ecstatic to know that we could make your long stay a pleasant one.

Please don't hesitate to contact us the next time you're in Madison!

BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Plano
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel amenities were great. I was in Madison to run the Madison Marathon and this hotel refused to allow a late check out. I would love to be an elite athlete and finish a marathon in under 3 hours, however, when the marathon doesn't start until 8am and the average runner finishes in over 4 hours... the chances of taking a shower without a late check out are zero. Every other hotel I have stayed at in WI after running a marathon has allowed a late check out so the runners could take a shower before heading home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Debbie H,

Thank you for completing a TripAdvisor Review regarding your recent stay at our property.

I also would like to apologize for the issues that arose regarding your reservations' confirmation and cancellations and check out. We always strive to make every guests' experience, from the minute they make the reservation to after they have left the hotel as comfortable and care-free as possible, and I regret that this did not happen for you on your recent visit for the Marathon.

If we can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our General Manager, Joe Baldowin, directly at 608-233-8778 x 533

Media and Marketing Coordinator
BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club
Alton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel was centrally located in the city close to everything. The hotel staff was top notch! Great hotel for the price! I would recommend this hotel to others, in addition to staying again myself, if I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Courtney,

Thank you so much for taking the time to say such kind things on Trip Advisor. We are overjoyed that you enjoyed your stay and shared that with the world.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do, and we look forward to your return trip to Madison!

BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner and the Highland CLub
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had a great stay at the hotel and it is close to the hospital. Breakfast was very delicious and plentiful. The bed was extremely comfortable as were the pillows. Staff was extremely accommodating too. I asked for a good restaurant nearby as well for lunch and they recommended the Blue Moon which was incredible for their burgers.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay. We too are huge fans of the Blue Moon Burgers.

Thank you for staying and we hope to see you on your return trip to Madison.

Izmir, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my wife during World Dairy Expo at the begining of Oct. First of all, I have arrived in Madison airport at around 11 pm. The shuttle service ends at 10.45. I called the hotel and told them there was 45 mins delay in my flight from Chicago to Madison. The manager did me a favor and said take a cab and we will pay. It was a suprise for me as I have not experienced any favor like this before. When arrived, the staff was very friendly and gave me every information I needed. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Location is in university area, not very close to where the Dairy Expo took place. But with the shuttle service it was very easy to go and come back without paying anything. Normally I pay for cabs a lot in my business travels. They even arranged shuttle service to me and my wife to the restaurants every evening.The name of the driver was James as far as I remember and he was very polite and a nice person to chat every time he took us to the restaurants. The breakfast was good as well. OK, the hotel is not luxury but you get what you pay for. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Madison WI.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear BartuEr,

Thank you so much for visiting us during the World Dairy Expo and taking the time to post such a wonderful TripAdvisor review. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you next year for the Expo after we have completed our renovation.

We do truly appreciate all guest feedback and are so happy we could provide a wonderful stay for you.

Thank you again, and make it a great day!

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel to attend a conference at the University. It was also Homecoming weekend, and so availability of any hotel space and reasonable prices were challenging when I booked in June. The only place that had a room for the weekend anywhere near campus or at an affordable price was the InnTowner. What a pleasant surprise this hotel was!

The hotel is located about a 20 minute walk from the stadium, and there are a couple of excellent neighboorhood bars and srestaurants within a block or two. There is very good bus service as well to any place around Madison. The room was spacious and nice, although there wasn't a lot of room for me to hang up my clothes in the open clothes-hanging area.

The breakfast, which is free, is superb! They apparently are known for their breakfast, and their reputation is well-deserved. I've had breakfasts in 4-star hotels that I paid $20 for that I don't think were as good. They have absolutely anything you could want for breakfast, and if the weather is nice like it was when I was there, you could sit outside and dine while early-morning walkers and joggers passed by. Parking was a little bit tight the Friday night before Homecoming, but that is to be expected, and I did always find room, although I ended up driving kind of an obstacle course that wound around to the back of the property. I am sure any other time of year there is absolutely no problem with parking, because I can't imagine a busier time for a hotel near the stadium than Homecoming.

I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The walls are a little thin, so try to get a top floor or a room off the main drag.
Dear WindWolfess,

Thank you so much for visiting us and taking the time to post a review about us on TripAdvisor. We love all feedback from our guests, but we really love feedback such as yours.

We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay, especially during such a busy and hectic time of year. We are overjoyed that we were able to exceed your expecations.

We hope to see you again after our upcoming renovation where we really hope to wow the socks off of you! :)

Thanks again and make it a great day!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed at the Best Western in Madison Wisconsin - the "Inn Towner" - and must admit it was surprisingly good. Great room on club floor; superb breakfast included; high speed internet access complimentary; courteous staff. For someone who spends 130 days on the road and 90% in Marriotts - I was stunned at the reasonable price and superb accommodations. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Madison Wisconsin

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about us and our property here on TripAdvisor. We love all feedback from our guests, but it warms our hearts to know that we exceeded a guests expectations and they really enjoyed their stay.

Thank you so much again and we look forward to your next visit here to Madison.

Media and Marketing Coordinator
608.233.8778

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club? Share your experiences!