“Cozy & Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 62 hotels in Madison
Alton, United States
“Cozy & Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel was centrally located in the city close to everything. The hotel staff was top notch! Great hotel for the price! I would recommend this hotel to others, in addition to staying again myself, if I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Courtney,

Thank you so much for taking the time to say such kind things on Trip Advisor. We are overjoyed that you enjoyed your stay and shared that with the world.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do, and we look forward to your return trip to Madison!

BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner and the Highland CLub

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had a great stay at the hotel and it is close to the hospital. Breakfast was very delicious and plentiful. The bed was extremely comfortable as were the pillows. Staff was extremely accommodating too. I asked for a good restaurant nearby as well for lunch and they recommended the Blue Moon which was incredible for their burgers.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay. We too are huge fans of the Blue Moon Burgers.

Thank you for staying and we hope to see you on your return trip to Madison.

Izmir, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my wife during World Dairy Expo at the begining of Oct. First of all, I have arrived in Madison airport at around 11 pm. The shuttle service ends at 10.45. I called the hotel and told them there was 45 mins delay in my flight from Chicago to Madison. The manager did me a favor and said take a cab and we will pay. It was a suprise for me as I have not experienced any favor like this before. When arrived, the staff was very friendly and gave me every information I needed. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Location is in university area, not very close to where the Dairy Expo took place. But with the shuttle service it was very easy to go and come back without paying anything. Normally I pay for cabs a lot in my business travels. They even arranged shuttle service to me and my wife to the restaurants every evening.The name of the driver was James as far as I remember and he was very polite and a nice person to chat every time he took us to the restaurants. The breakfast was good as well. OK, the hotel is not luxury but you get what you pay for. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Madison WI.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear BartuEr,

Thank you so much for visiting us during the World Dairy Expo and taking the time to post such a wonderful TripAdvisor review. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you next year for the Expo after we have completed our renovation.

We do truly appreciate all guest feedback and are so happy we could provide a wonderful stay for you.

Thank you again, and make it a great day!

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel to attend a conference at the University. It was also Homecoming weekend, and so availability of any hotel space and reasonable prices were challenging when I booked in June. The only place that had a room for the weekend anywhere near campus or at an affordable price was the InnTowner. What a pleasant surprise this hotel was!

The hotel is located about a 20 minute walk from the stadium, and there are a couple of excellent neighboorhood bars and srestaurants within a block or two. There is very good bus service as well to any place around Madison. The room was spacious and nice, although there wasn't a lot of room for me to hang up my clothes in the open clothes-hanging area.

The breakfast, which is free, is superb! They apparently are known for their breakfast, and their reputation is well-deserved. I've had breakfasts in 4-star hotels that I paid $20 for that I don't think were as good. They have absolutely anything you could want for breakfast, and if the weather is nice like it was when I was there, you could sit outside and dine while early-morning walkers and joggers passed by. Parking was a little bit tight the Friday night before Homecoming, but that is to be expected, and I did always find room, although I ended up driving kind of an obstacle course that wound around to the back of the property. I am sure any other time of year there is absolutely no problem with parking, because I can't imagine a busier time for a hotel near the stadium than Homecoming.

I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The walls are a little thin, so try to get a top floor or a room off the main drag.
Dear WindWolfess,

Thank you so much for visiting us and taking the time to post a review about us on TripAdvisor. We love all feedback from our guests, but we really love feedback such as yours.

We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay, especially during such a busy and hectic time of year. We are overjoyed that we were able to exceed your expecations.

We hope to see you again after our upcoming renovation where we really hope to wow the socks off of you! :)

Thanks again and make it a great day!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed at the Best Western in Madison Wisconsin - the "Inn Towner" - and must admit it was surprisingly good. Great room on club floor; superb breakfast included; high speed internet access complimentary; courteous staff. For someone who spends 130 days on the road and 90% in Marriotts - I was stunned at the reasonable price and superb accommodations. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Madison Wisconsin

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about us and our property here on TripAdvisor. We love all feedback from our guests, but it warms our hearts to know that we exceeded a guests expectations and they really enjoyed their stay.

Thank you so much again and we look forward to your next visit here to Madison.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The only thing this hotel has going for it is it's location to the UW Hospital. The staff is also very courteous. Unfortunately, their warmth and smiles can't mask the stained filthy carpets or help the lackluster rooms. If you enjoy labyrinths and mazes you'll love trying to find your room as you step out of the elevator that smells of old cigarettes and burnt food. This hotel is in bad need of a complete overhaul!

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about us on TripAdvisor. We do apologize that you didn't enjoy every aspect of your stay as you enjoyed our location and service. We are in agreement with you that the hotel does require a renovation, which we begin this December. We do hope that you will give us another chance after that to really exceed your expectations.

If you do decide to visit us again, please contact our General Manager Joe Baldowin in advance so we can ensure you have the best possible stay.

Thank you again for your input, and make it a great day!

North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Standard Best Western, university negotiated $70 night well worth it, mild musty hallway smell did not follow into room, small bathroom, spartan furniture, humming HVAC unit on wall, clean sheets, nice front desk staff, carpet colors and pattern through which a stain would never show.
A solid 2-3 star hotel. Nothing more. The numerous 5 star ratings raise concern about gaming.

Dear mmmNorthCorlina,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor, and for taking the extra time to post pictures. We appreciate all feedback from guests, and we love it when our guests can see what our reviewers are talking about.

We hope to see you again in Madison, especially after our upcoming renovation this December.

Thank you again and make it a great day!

608.233.8778

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club? Share your experiences!