We arrived at 8:30 Friday night, and there were no parking spaces available outside. In fact, cars were illegally parked, making it very difficult to drive in a Suburban. Also, it had snowed that day, but the lot was not adequately plowed/shoveled.
We got into our dated room, and could hear everything! Kids running up and down halls, adults talking so loudly that I thought they were actually inside our room! It was quite loud until I decided to turn the antiquated heating unit up to high to drown out the outside noises.
We left early on Saturday for a swim meet (got the free breakfast-which was pretty good), and got back to our room around 11:30. The room had not been cleaned. We were there for about a half hour, when a maid knocked asking to clean the room. I explained we were going at noon and that she could come back then. Well, we got back at 4, and the room was never cleaned.
We left again for dinner, and asked to have the room cleaned, but housekeeping had left for the day. We came back--no parking spaces again. The hall was quieter--which was good. The best thing about this place was the proximity to UW's pool. The room was dated, the lot was completely overcrowded (and a little dangerous considering the snow and illegally parked cars). I also thought it was overpriced at 109. We drive to a lot of places and stay in a lot of hotels like this--I would've priced it at 89.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Inntowner And The Highland Club Hotel
- Best Western Inntowner And The Highland Club Hotel Madison
- Best Western Madison
- Madison Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This downtown Madison hotel has the ideal location and extra amenities for business and leisure travelers as well as for groups and meeting planners. The BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner hotel is in the heart of Madison's picturesque west University of Wisconsin campus area and is located two blocks from the UW Hospital and Clinics, one mile from Camp Randall Stadium, one mile from the Wisconsin Institute of Discovery and close to shopping, local restaurants and the Capitol Square and State St. Amenities include the downtown areas only hot free breakfast buffet for all registered guests; free shuttle service to the airport, campus area, hospital, Monona Terrace Convention Center, Alliant Energy Center and shopping and restaurants within a two mile radius of the hotel; free high speed wireless Internet; a 24/7 Business Center; a 24/7 Grab 'n Go Market; indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness area; restaurant and lounge; cable television with 72 channel choices, and free HBO. For discriminating travelers, the hotel offers a private, key access executive level--The Highland Club--with upgraded amenities including free beverages and appetizers in the evening and two freshly baked homemade signature chocolate chip cookies at turndown service. For guests looking for meeting or banquet space, the InnTowner offers 9 meeting room configurations in 6200 sq. ft of space and on-site catering services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Best Western, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.