“Bad management, bad internet” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Madison
MPLS
“Bad management, bad internet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My past stay at this hotel will be my last.
While the front desk provided lip service about problems I was having with my WiFi connection, I was not provided a room change and at check out was not provided and reimbursement for my troubles. Subsequent emails with the "manager" ended with no help. Never stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear P.F,

First off let me thank you for taking the time to review our property and apologize for your March 2012 stay not meeting your expectations. We strive to also ensure that each guest has a fantastic stay, and I apologize for us not doing that with you.

In regards to some of the issues that you had here, let me assure you that a GREAT many changes have occurred here in the past year. We are under new management and several upgrades have been made, the wireless internet being at the TOP of that list. We also have several new members of our management staff who will be more than willing to help ensure that your next stay exceeds your expectations. There are more upgrades and improvements scheduled to be completed this year as well.

We would love for you to give us another try, and we'd like that next try to be on us. I invite you to contact myself or our General Manager Joseph Baldowin directly the next time you're visiting Madsion and let us take care of the details of your complimentary stay. We'd also love to hear some more details of your experience here so we may improve the experience for all of our guests.

Media and Marketing Corrdinator
608.233.8778 x537

Joseph Baldowin
608.233.8778 x533

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to hearing from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights over Christmas as it is close to our daughter's apartment. The hotel is a bit dated and could definitely use some freshening, however the hotel is clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The temperature in the hotel was too warm in the public areas and the room temperature was difficult to regulate to a comfortable temperature.
There were 3 of us and we reserved a room with a king bed and pull out couch. The couch was very uncomfortable and my adult son had a terrible night the first night. Since the hotel was not too full we were able to switch to a room with 2 queen beds. The amenities were limited and one day I needed a shower cap but the front desk said they no longer carried them. The hotel did have free wi-fi that worked well. There was an indoor pool and jacuzzi but we did use them. The breakfast was okay but the choices were very limited. The first day of our stay there was bacon and french toast in addition to pancakes and eggs but after that day they never appeared again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear PAexpants,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate when any of our guests let us know how their stay was.

I am pleased to inform you that there is a lot of "freshening" in store for our property in the near future. We do apologize for the uncomfortable sofa sleeper and the difficult to regulate room temperature. These items are some of the many that are going to see a drastic improvement in 2013. We also apologize for the inconsistency in breakfast.

We hope that you decide to give us another chance the next time that you are in Madison visiting your daughter. When you do come visit, feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than glad to make sure your stay is the best possible.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Media and Marketing Coordinator
608.233.8778
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel was fine for what I needed. The room was clean, the bed nice, the bathroom acceptable. The "free" internet was VERY slow and frustrating to use - often webpages would not load. I am here on business and it was aggravating. The lighting in the room was very dim - a bit difficult to do serious work. The complimentary shuttle was convenient; however it is a bit odd that the "shuttle" is an unmarked SUV, so it is always a funny little dance to see if you're starting to get into some random person's vehicle or really the shuttle! Maybe a magnet on the side that says Best Western would be nice.
All in all - the hotel was convenient, the staff friendly, professional - BUT with the Internet frustrations I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear GuestAW,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We greatly appreciate when a guest takes time to provide feedback of any time. Its only from input from guests like you that we can improve our product and services for you and all of our guests.

Please accept my apologies on the Internet. While this is a current issue, I am glad to announce that drastic and positive changes to both our rooms and our internet are scheduled for 2013. It is our hope that you will visit us after these changes and give us the chance to exceed your expectations.

Also please accept our apologies on the unmarked shuttle. The decals are on order all ready and are taking just a little bit get here. We are looking into some temporary markings, but I do apologize for any confusion and for making you do the "who's-car-is-it" dance.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review and feel free to contact me directly when you decide to stay in Madison again, and I will be more than glad to personally make sure your next stay is fantastic.

Thank you and make it a great day!

2424 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53726
608.233.8778 x537
jbelmont@inntowner.com
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I give you the facts:

-The toilet was broken
-The tub drainage was so poor that while showering I had to stand in ankle deep water or greater
-Brown rusty water came out of the sink
-There was a dirty wash cloth hanging over the shower rod upon my arrival
-The room smelled musty and funky, a smell only to be outdone by the archaic, enormous heating unit on the wall
-Many stains on the carpet
-I repeat, the toilet was broken

I rest my case.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear FancyBirthday,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not up to your, or our, standards.
As you unfortunately experienced, we recently went through plumbing maintenance on our property, which caused some of the issues you experienced. It is unfortunate that you experienced it, as it is our responsibility to make improvements on our hotel while affecting our guests as little as possible. On behalf of all of us here at The InnTowner, please accept my apologies on your negative experience.

Also, our property will be undergoing major renovations in the near future, in hopes of delivering the best home-away-from-home experience possible.

Although it does not make up for the problems you experienced, I am able to tell you that these issues have been resolved. I hope that we can win you back in the future, and, if you should be willing to give us another chance, would like to offer you a discounted rate. If you decide to give us another chance, please contact me directly and I can take care of all the details of your reservation.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again.

Media and Marketing Coordinator
Clarkston, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This property was selected for me by the meeting that I attended. It is close to U of W hospital and med school. The lobby was very spacious offering several separate seating areas - nice for meeting people. Check in was efficient. The room was very basic, dated but clean. The mattress was very firm, bedding was a filled comforter with double sheeting. Lighting was on the dim side. Work area on desk was especially small and limited. The room had a Keurig coffee maker. The bathroom was really dated - old wall paper, low vanity and toilet. The toiletries were pantene products - but very miniature size. The room faced the street which made sleeping with the window open noisy. The heater/air unit was old school. There was an indoor pool that looked clean.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with the window open ask for a room away from the street
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear KlenC,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate when any of our guests take the time to provide feedback on how we are doing and how we may improve our services.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay, however we do apologize for any of our guest room features or amenities not exceeding your expectations.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again. Over the next year, several upgrades and renovations are planned and we hope they will exceed your expectations.

Again, thank you for your input and we look forward to your next stay.

BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner and the Highland CLub
2424 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53726
608.233.8778
jbelmont@inntowner.com
Rockton, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I needed a close place to stay while visiting UW Hospital and Clinics. Stayed one night to just sleep and return to the clinic. They offer a hospital rate and my stay was discounted about $20.00 upon check in which was a nice surprise. Lobby was clean, food area looked nice. Hotel room was average, nothing to fancy but not awful either. Perfect hotel to get away from stress of the hospital and to get some sleep. To my knowledge it is the closest hotel to the hospital, 2 blocks away, which is very convenient if thats the reason you're in Madison.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club? Share your experiences!